Way to be...

Colosus said:
Actually, I don't even promise access to the site. We've banned contributors before. You don't follow the rules, you're subject to removal.
and you have those rules posted...correct? you're covered on that then.

The point is, fraud is defined by conealing info, or making false claims or promises in order to obtain (in this case) funds

Fraud is defined to be "an intentional perversion of truth" or a "false misrepresentation of a matter of fact" which induces another person to "part with some valuable thing belonging to him or to surrender a legal right".

you havent promised anything...these aren't payments for promises services, they are donations.....the only implied 'promise' was to use the funds recieved in donations to go toward the site, which you have done, and then some. he doesnt have a leg to stand on

the victoria secret thing was just someone linking pictures directly from the VS site in either the GGG or HCA thread... I don't remember which...

And what was the pissed off teacher thing?

i say ban the kid unless he posts in this thread admitting to his father's faggotry and apologizing.

then he'd be :cool:

P Masta Flex said:
needtheinfo.JPG

The teacher thing was when some member started a thread about his teacher having sex with a student. Then the teacher accused tw of slander.

Victoria Secret:

People were posting direct linking of victoria secret images. I was contacted by a VS representative warning that we were stealing intellectual property by posting said images.

I e-mailed them back clarifying that we were stealing BANDWIDTH, not intellectual property. No one claimed to have taken the pictures, no one claimed to be the super models and no one claimed to have made the clothing. So their point was moot.

I agreed to remove the direct linking and they backed off.

Pissed off teacher:

Someone posted a story about their teacher being fired for sleeping with members of the hockey team for a better grade. The teacher e-mailed me and complained that it was defamation of character and she was going to sue for slander.

I informed her that it was libel, not slander and then showed an AOL case (thanks Fraggle) where defamation by forum users was not the responsibility of the forum administration.

hmmmm....he may have a point, for tax purposes anyway.

it's all very strange because tw isn't a company. so as far as i'm concerned, non=profit,for-profit don't matter.....

if tw was a company...then it would probably be non-profit, seeing as how no one from tw gets paid. all of the donation money just goes towards running tw.

Colosus said:
Victoria Secret:
Pissed off teacher:

Someone posted a story about their teacher being fired for sleeping with members of the hockey team for a better grade. The teacher e-mailed me and complained that it was defamation of character and she was going to sue for slander.

I informed her that it was libel, not slander and then showed an AOL case (thanks Fraggle) where defamation by forum users was not the responsibility of the forum administration.

:rofl:

I'm sorry I missed that one.

Colosus said:
Victoria Secret:

People were posting direct linking of victoria secret images. I was contacted by a VS representative warning that we were stealing intellectual property by posting said images.

I e-mailed them back clarifying that we were stealing BANDWIDTH, not intellectual property. No one claimed to have taken the pictures, no one claimed to be the super models and no one claimed to have made the clothing. So their point was moot.
:lol:
NS. You have to love people that throw around legal terms in an attempt to sound intimidating.

Got Haggis? said:

it's all very strange because tw isn't a company. so as far as i'm concerned, non=profit,for-profit don't matter.....

if tw was a company...then it would probably be non-profit, seeing as how no one from tw gets paid. all of the donation money just goes towards running tw.
TW = LLC

really? hmmmm i suppose if someone got pissed off then, they could get tw into a bit of trouble. Assuming that TW doesn't report donations or whatever for tax purposes.

Got Haggis? said:

TribalWar is an LLC and all the donations go on my taxes as income. And then I deduct it as a business expense and pay the extra costs as they come up. We honestly don't make enough money to be worried about it. The main one was the servers, but that has been dealt with.

As a non-profit organization, there are a lot more rules to follow and it is much more of a hassle, but it is cheaper to run.

Colosus said:
TribalWar is an LLC and all the donations go on my taxes as income. And then I deduct it as a business expense and pay the extra costs as they come up. We honestly don't make enough money to be worried about it. The main one was the servers, but that has been dealt with.

As a non-profit organization, there are a lot more rules to follow and it is much more of a hassle, but it is cheaper to run.

Ahh...i really don't see a problem at all then.

Back