dear lockntross, juggernaught, critter, and onnotangu

Err, yeah... What happened to all your faith in the cdc as the supreme authority on the survivability of aids? That go out the window when invar pointed out that they don't support your claim?

Go dig up some more obscure online resources, pasting quotes from shit assumed to be true 10 or more years ago..

Jesus, stop quoting the 1985 article about "one week survival". It's wrong.

Yobol said:
Appl Environ Microbiol 1993 May;59(5):1437-43
Survival of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), HIV-infected lymphocytes, and poliovirus in water.

Moore BE.

Department of Microbiology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555-1019.

"In addition, blood from stage IV AIDS patients was introduced into tap water, and the recovery of HIV was monitored by using both an infectivity assay and polymerase chain reaction amplification of viral sequences. Virally infected cells were no longer detectable after 5 min in dechlorinated tap water, while little diminution in amplifiable sequences was observed over 2 h. Thus, detection of viral sequences by polymerase chain reaction technology should not be equated with risk of exposure to infectious HIV."

Mind you, this was in dechlorinated water, that was left stagnant at room temperature.

As to your other links, I'd like to know how you'd get the concentration of HIV virus in drinking water the same as in contaminated "rinse water" (at the time it comes out of the tap, which means it has to be MUCH higher at the contamination point since it is so rapidly inactivated - also please explain how much higher the concentration the HIV in the water has to be to infect individuals who aren't actually injecting the water directly into their vascular system but are somehow contaminated through small wounds from the brief very period of time that the water is in the mouth, esophagus, etc. before it is inactivated by the various enzymes in the saliva, stomach acid, etc.) Thanks.

Last edited:
To the people trying to derail this thread for whatever stupid reason...

This is actually funny! Juggernaught is the biggest moron on the planet... no matter how many times you *prove* him wrong, he will continue to argue that he is right no matter how stupid he looks

Read it and enjoy :)

mornin stu...
hey..can hiv be transmitted through tainted water?

get back to me on that later? nah..actually you dont need to, i've read the info already...it can. the issue is done..you were wrong. have a nice day :D

LockNTross said:
It can? I didn't know that.

No, it can't. Browse through the thread a little and see 5-7 people including Yobol a third year med student say exactly why, and watch juggs do nothing but say "yes it can"

FSB-SPY said:
Probably to a point where you'd have to drink blood and not water?

No, because it won't live outside the body.

It's impossible to taint a water supply and have it spread AIDS

Everyone knows that (except juggs)

Aestis said:
No, it can't. Browse through the thread a little and see 5-7 people including Yobol a third year med student say exactly why, and watch juggs do nothing but say "yes it can"

you've been proven wrong...multiple times, you just dont want to accept it.

thats fine...you dont have to...i know it...and most importantly you'll know it ;)

Well you should just have sex with an HIV-infected person and drink some water then? I bet when you finish off the glass and get tested, you'll be positive.

Wow, Juggs is a moron.

But more importantly can I be infected with aids if I fuck a bucket full of bloody aids infected needles, because I'm a little worried.

Back