[GTA:RPG] TW Gang

Juke

Veteran X
Some of you may have seen Elmar's ad for GTA:RPG a few weeks ago:

Hi There. I play on a GTA MMO server. You should play with us.

Secretzombieroom Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas MMO Role Playing Server, or SZR GTA RP Server, whichever you prefer. The server has had a lot of bugs crushed, new ones found, new ones crushed, is considered BETA but VERY VERY playable. We are not content enough with the server right now to call it live, even though it has more featuers and bug fixes than 99% of the other Godfather SA:MP servers out there.

Roleplaying on GTA? You've got to be kidding me. Why would I want to roleplay? Explain young man.
1) There are jobs.
2) You have to think of good excuses to kill people. For example: A friend of mine that I play with are Arms Dealers, so we kill any independent Arms Dealers we run across. We also kill anyone that smarts off to us, or anyone that has a car we really want. Basically if you can justify whatever kind of character you're playing doing it, then you can do it. This isn't hard since most people are thug gangstahs . If you just run around and DeathMatch people, you will get killed a lot, lose your money, lose your guns, and probably get arrested and have to spend time sitting in jail. Also, no one will sell you guns when they realize you're deathmatching.
3) CO-OPERATE WITH THE COPS. If one is trying to pull you over, do exactly what you'd do in real life. Pull-over, kiss the cops butt, and 9/10 times he'll let you go on your way. Unlike in real life though, he'll let you go with your AK-47 and bag of meth. If you don't do what he wants, he's going to arrest you or kill you. The cops have stronger cars, easier access to guns, and body armor. They can take down about 3 players without too much of a problem.
4) You retain your money when you log off, and the accumulation of cash is the primary goal of the server.
5) No gun spawns or free guns. You have to buy guns from Arms Dealers, so this keeps some of the DeathMatching in check.

Why should I play here son?

* Greatly improved cops from the basic Godfather script, including a /tazer timer to prevent /tazer spam.
* Gang implementations (read: clans) with your own headquarters, vehicle spawns, and things of that assortment.
* Public gangs (/joinaztecas or /joinballas) to make it easy to get into the game and start doing fun stuff, as well as to let you meet new people so you can join up and make other gangs.
* Player houses.
* Businesses.
* RP Factors such as levels and cash.
* Controllable materials points so that gangs have something to fight over. This is what you all wanted, so enjoy it.
* Advanced cheat detection for the most stable SA:MP economy around.
* A bleeding feature. SA:MP doesn't give you control of weapon damages, and this was the most effective way to make getting shot more dangerous.
* DAILY updates. (Gilok is a God among coders)
* A lot of problems with default Godfather SA:MP have been fixed, such as Running Man and various bugs that allowed overloading of health/armor.
* Arms-Dealers have access to more guns than in default Godfather, and are levelled so they make better weapons the higher their skill level.
* Admins that keep their noses out of the game. If you see an admin doing things in game other than admining let us know and they'll be fired SO FAST.
* Six DISTINCT and USEFUL jobs. Pilot, armsdealer, drugsdealer, wheelman, mercenary, and lawyer. Check our our wiki (linked below) to see what each class offers.
* A features list that grows daily!

How do I get on dis shit nuckah?
1. Install the Full Version of GTA SA on your hard drive. (If you're afraid that you've lost the key to your game, don't worry you won't need it.)

2. Download the multiplayer modification from San Andreas Multiplayer :: Multiplayer modification for Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Go to the downloads section and download the Client. Once it has finished downloading run the install program and follow the instructions. Keep that website handy as they have continuously releaesed updated server and client versions.

3. If you bought your disc after the hot coffee ordeal, your version of the game (2.0) is unmoddable. You will need to downgrade your client. If you haven't downgraded your client from 2.0 to 1.01 do it now. Remember you need to do this or the game won't run properly.

4. After the install, there should be a sa-mp executable. Run that. You will be presented with window. Click the Add Server button. Copy and paste this into the field: 72.232.254.202:6777. The SZR:GTA RP server should appear on your server list.
5. You will see a field that says Name: This is going to be your in-game name. We recommend that you use a <firstname>_<last name> format. This is a roleplaying server.
6. Once you've got your name in, make sure the server is selected and Connect to the server. Once everything is loaded you are probably staring at a selection screen. We're going to ignore that for now. You will need to press `, T, or F6 to bring up the chatbox in the game.

At this point sit back and read what the tutorial has to say. It will give some good pointers about the server and messageboards to read up on the going ons of this server. In case you missed it in the tutorial, you will want to visit SZR:GTA from there you can go visit the forums for all the recent updates and changes, or you can go visit the wikipedia for a lot of useful information about the game mechanics. After the tutorial is over you will be placed in the game.

Important Links
Short Newbie Tutorial Video: YouTube - SZR Tutorial Video
Yes, I know I screwed up. At the part where it says "Ballas HQ" it is really the Aztecas.
Wiki: Main Page - SZR:GTA
gtarpg-gangs-02.jpg

**NEW MAP BY TRIBALBOOB**

Okay enough words give me pictures

Here's a screenshot of a fight club the Azteca and Ballas gang hosted using knives.
fightclub.jpg

This is one of John Lint (Yes, the hobo) on his political platform informing the masses on his strategies.
http://img.waffleimages.com/e1d9adc61e6dd0e6ae6bb43830d5b52f92becc64/johnlint.jpg[img]

A nice shot of the FBI leader Alex Green and his agents. Also of Joe Goebbles and his police officers.
[img]http://img.waffleimages.com/1da4808a9a2904dec0aa439347910172bc0e7bbb/lspd.jpg

Lastly, the Mafia gang being led by Rho.
mafia.jpg

Most people were waiting for the chance to make a TW gang, and now we have one.

Our HQ is the old Aztecas HQ. Go the the icon that looks like a blue man on the south end of town. You can see it on Tbob's map as a blue arrow.

We don't always have someone hanging out at the club, you need to make an /ad and ask for someone in
TW (costs about 1000$) and find someone who's online and talk to them.

If you're in the gang join the GTA usergroup here http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups

Their public ventrilo is 69.56.237.18:5237

Last edited:
id fuckin regulate who you let in

most people here that play are ruining the server for everyone else

wessyde

I'm down. I got it all installed and logged in one day for like an hour. I didn't really get into it but saw some interesting shit going on so count me in if this happens. One rule tho, you gotta get jumped in before you get your plaqa.

Code:
DrJonez		Archibald_Koch		7844	HITS
Tribalbob	Bob_Labirt		7875	ARMS
Dragon Star	Cooter_White		5387
euph		Dane_Storhaug		6156
Toejam					1945
Juke		Herman_Li		1970
Pyro_Tekk				7686
Dalmar		Dalmar_Retchfire	1397
Voxx		Sir_Pious		1578
Sidmyre		fonzerelli		3965
Godfather	Purdue_Ogre		1363

Last edited:
id fuckin regulate who you let in

most people here that play are ruining the server for everyone else

Seriously, make sure that whoever leads this understands what is and is not acceptable on the server. There are some limitations on what the developers can do because this is a mod of a mod of a single player offline game, so there are some things that you can do that will get you banned.

Being that the server is run by SA people, any TW gang would be held to higher scrutiny, so if you want it to last, you need to be willing to kick out people that won't listen.

To be honest, I don't want anything to do with this. I'm already in the FBI and the hitman faction anyway. Some of you guys are fun to play with, but it seems the majority of the TW people playing are trying their hardest to get the admins to ban anyone who mentions "TW" out loud.

The huge rash of cheaters/hackers/retards lately have been from TW, and we don't appreciate it.

If you're going to do this, I highly suggest the leader be someone who knows what is going on, what the rules are, how to roleplay, and can rule with an iron fist to remove the jerks ruining it for the rest of us. Otherwise, the gang will VERY QUICKLY become known for being full of tards, and people will just start shooting and shitting on you on sight, instead of trying to roleplay or do anything fun or worthwhile.

I don't know how many of the TW people have listed their names, but all the idiots I'm running into lately are not in these posts.

BUMP

Gang is officially up. We're located at the Alahambra Club. I'm looking to get a name change but for now you can ask Herman_Li for an invite.

Back