Marweas still hasnt told us about getting fired by Reggs - Page 7 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page Marweas still hasnt told us about getting fired
Page 7 of 47
Wulfen
VeteranXV
Old
121 - 10-31-2006, 21:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_skul View Post
Wouldn't it be cool if someone announced a new Tribes game?

That'd be cool as hell. And we could repeat the same cycle we've done three times now (for T:E, T2 and T:V) - telling the developers what we want, never agreeing on exactly what that is, and being disappointed in the end.

Sigh. Alex, thanks for doing what you did for T:V and the community. You clearly did your best and were thwarted by greedy powermongers.
Don't forget his own ineptitude. Which, in combination with Thrax's idiotic refusal to listen to reason, doomed this game. And they dragged down KP with them, apparently, since he wasn't heard from at all.

They asked us for what we thought, got dozens of pages in response, and didn't listen to a word of it. Yes I'm still bitter. I never did get my ****ing sequel you ****s.

Sponsored Links
Bender
VeteranXX
Old
122 - 10-31-2006, 22:06
bump for great justice.

Skeletor666
Merried Man4
Old
123 - 10-31-2006, 22:13
Battlefield 2142

will be the reason I upgrade my 6 year old computer

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
124 - 10-31-2006, 22:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menzo View Post
Look, if you're trying to bait any of us with this sort of thing, don't bother. It's been long enough that I'm pretty sure all of us have moved on and don't care anymore. It was a chapter in our lives that is now closed.

There are a bunch of people on this board who know exactly how many copies of Tribes 1 and 2 sold and how much it cost to make them. Then there is you, who knows neither of those things. Let's just say that your perspective is a little different than ours and your recolection of things a little skewed.

And for what it's worth, I'd LOVE for someone to make a better version of Tribes (though hopefully they won't stick it in my eye). In fact, from what I've seen from Battlefield 2142, maybe they already have (I haven't played it, but I loved Battlefield 2).
there's two things wrong with your post

1) the figures on how much t1, t2 and t:v sold are out there. i remember reading articles on which franchises sold the most games. t2 was around 400k copies, t1 was around 150k and and t:v was 44k. t:v was a peice of crap. after playing the beta and realizing it felt nothing like t1 or t2 classic i was turned off within 3 days of playing it.

2) the fact that you think any bf game captures the gameplay or spirit of tribes speaks volumes on why t:v blew balls

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
125 - 10-31-2006, 22:15
durak, are you by chance mentally retarded?

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
126 - 10-31-2006, 22:15
no, are you?

thereal Shaolinmonk
Veteran++
Old
127 - 10-31-2006, 22:17
well, maybe I didn't have my history nailed down, but I wasn't under the impression that the game was dead when work on TV was announced to begin. I'd like to say "good effort" for trying, but (IMO) TV failed ot deliver 1/10th the xp of T1 or T2.

and sorry, but be it menzo or irritant or whomever worked on TV, if I read you saying things like " we were impressed", "I'm proud of our fantastic game" I'll most likely be there to question what part of failure you are proud of.

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
128 - 10-31-2006, 22:17
t:V sold 47k copies AFTER 6 MONTHS. we pretty much have no idea how many copies it sold after that, or how long the sales data is for t1 and t2.

Vir
VeteranXV
Old
129 - 10-31-2006, 22:18
Dice knew the niche market to go for, ashame the franchise that inspired them ended up dead though.

Suilenroc
VeteranXV
Old
130 - 10-31-2006, 22:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durak View Post
2) the fact that you think any bf game captures the gameplay or spirit of tribes speaks volumes on why t:v blew balls
Tribes pioneered the genre of expansive outdoor settings with objective-based team combat. Also vehicles.

BF = Tribes - (jetpacks + skis)

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
131 - 10-31-2006, 22:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vir View Post
Dice knew the niche market to go for, ashame the franchise that inspired them ended up dead though.
if the niche market was tribes players, then they failed miserably, seeing as the game had very little semblance to t1 or t2 classic (true tribe gameplay and style)

WeRe-|WoLf|-
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
132 - 10-31-2006, 22:23
I have to laugh that some people still cling to the junior high concept that the world is suffering because nobody listened to their ideas

Great thread, good to see Marweas responding again, and a bit more light shone upon old issues of interest.

Vir
VeteranXV
Old
133 - 10-31-2006, 22:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suilenroc View Post
Tribes pioneered the genre of expansive outdoor settings with objective-based team combat. Also vehicles.

Alexander
Unregistered
Old
134 - 10-31-2006, 22:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Haggis? View Post
t:V sold 47k copies AFTER 6 MONTHS. we pretty much have no idea how many copies it sold after that
0-5

The grappling hook killed the game. Whoever thought it up and pushed it *cough* Special *cough* should feel like an idiot.

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
135 - 10-31-2006, 22:25
Quote:

so basically half-life is like doom

the outdoor setting is the only things the two have in common

so actually it's BF = Tribes - (everything but outdoor setting)

Suilenroc
VeteranXV
Old
136 - 10-31-2006, 22:27
Quote:
if the niche market was tribes players, then they failed miserably, seeing as the game had very little semblance to t1 or t2 classic (true tribe gameplay and style)
What respectable Tribes player would ditch Tribes for something like Battlefield?

They created a game similar to Tribes, minus the enormous learning curve. They attracted the players who weren't hardcore enough to play Tribes.

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
137 - 10-31-2006, 22:29
Quote:
What respectable Tribes player would ditch Tribes for something like Battlefield?

They created a game similar to Tribes, minus the enormous learning curve. They attracted the players who weren't hardcore enough to play Tribes.
again, battlefield is nothing like tribes. seeing that you are a remember, reaffirms the fact that you have ground to argue that point.

Suilenroc
VeteranXV
Old
138 - 10-31-2006, 22:31
Quote:
seeing that you are a remember
A what?

Vir
VeteranXV
Old
139 - 10-31-2006, 22:32
Quote:
again, battlefield is nothing like tribes. seeing that you are a remember, reaffirms the fact that you have ground to argue that point.
BF is epic scale(insert whatever other leet adjectives you want here) vehicle/infantry combat. The developers from Dice admitted their game's existence was inspired by Tribes. They deserve 100% of the credit for being able to cannabilize the parts of Tribes that they knew would ultimately still remain popular to this day.

Pak
VeteranXV
Old
140 - 10-31-2006, 22:33
You guys need to shut up.

Page 7 of 47

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page Marweas still hasnt told us about getting fired

Social Website Bullshit