Page 5 of 5
Beren
Tribalwar Aussie
Contributor
Old
81 - 03-24-2003, 20:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma4286
The supar secret suits you have protect from G-forces!!!
yeah but it wouldn't feel real...

Sponsored Links
R@ND0M
VeteranX
Old
82 - 03-24-2003, 21:38
because realism = fun

SterIO
VeteranXX
Old
83 - 03-25-2003, 00:17
Jumping out of a shrike and stopping cold != fun for more situations than just capping.

R@ND0M
VeteranX
Old
84 - 03-25-2003, 00:55
It doesn't really bother me how you eject from it.

I was only in this thread to post my opinion on the 'Shrike'.
If they do include vehicles, they should be hard to use.

So as my final post in this thread (i hope), Ramming is easy.

marantz
Audiophile³
Contributor
Old
85 - 03-25-2003, 05:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by R@ND0M
So as my final post in this thread (i hope), Ramming is easy.
go make us a full map demo (on a non-newbie server) to show us how easy it is plz. you should have dozens of demos lyin around since it's so easy

bottom line: you have no ****ing clue what you're talking about, so please stfu.

ZooL
VeteranXX
Old
86 - 03-25-2003, 08:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSlice
No, becuase was the Scoutcap useful in T1? I can think of 1 map where it was actually even attempted to be used in game, and even then a naked light could stop the scout (get in front of it).
But this isn't SS:Tribes though. you can easily design it so that the light gets ran over and nothing happens to the shrike.

[SES]BaNsHee
VeteranXX
Old
87 - 03-25-2003, 09:16
Shrike is what made T2 fun to me. It's not near as used now but still what makes the game more fun and opens up other doors of positions for people(shrike hand offs, shrike capping, shrike d, etc...). I think half of you commenting haven't even played classic competively because most arguments are base and ++ problems. Shrikes are easily chained now, especially with 2 people at the same time and hardly used for capping now with the new speeds of foot routes,although it's nice to have the option and doesn't make it a one track mind position. I always hated just foot routes in T1 and it's what made it get so old for me. If they change it in T3 to make it more like T1 I may puke.

JuSTCHiLLiN
VeteranXX
Old
88 - 03-25-2003, 10:54
I've just read through every post. My thoughts on T3 and vehicles throughout the Tribes series...

If the skiing bug in T1 wasn't there then vehicles obiviously would have played a bigger role. I remember when I started playing and I'd get an HPC and fly some other noobs ove to the other base in Scarabrae. But skiing happened and made the game better. T1 vehicles in base weren't used because of the simple fact that they were useful for the most part.

T1 Renegades had the Interceptor which was definately more useful than the T1 base Scout. It had a high powered chaingun and was good for chasing, but no other differences. A good Interceptor pilot was an asset, and this is when games were 10 vs 10 and vs renegays that had speed boosts. I loved the interceptor.

T2 brought the shrike and the bomber, the two most used vehicles and the ones that had the biggest impact to gameplay.

I don't think that shrikes were the cause of players not finding good cap routes, if think it was the crappy map design. I'm of the opinion that the people who made the maps hadn't played T1, or if they did they were the ones getting the HPC's ready. Horrible flatlands, huge crevases (sp?), cappers picked shrikes because the maps were ****ty. T1 was a fluke because the maps were simple and perfect for skiing.

That being said, the T2 shrike is good were it's at currently. Not overly used but useful. It doesn't take anything away from the game and a good player can add to it.

If anything was to be done to the shrike I like the idea of not being able to eject rather than ejecting straight up or dying if going too fast.

RenGen
VeteranX
Old
89 - 03-26-2003, 05:54
Anyone playing Classic right now, knows that the Shrike is the best it's ever been. ZP's analysis is dead on from my experience, and Banshee clearifies what I would say, that the depth added with a good balanced shrike role in the game makes it a lot more fun, and increases the replay value of the game.

It's painfully obvious that those of you arguing against the shrike and the current 'eject model' are basing your opinions on prior versions of classic, and even base++.

Give it another shot, you'll see what we're all pleased with.

Page 5 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page [T3] Shrikes?

Social Website Bullshit