[Official] '09-'10 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread by Android1 - Page 11 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] '09-'10 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread
Page 11 of 183
DVADER
VeteranXX
Old
201 - 04-13-2010, 18:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icey View Post
East:
(1) Washington vs. (8) Montreal Caps in 4
(2) New Jersey vs. (7) Philadelphia Devils in 5
(3) Buffalo vs. (6) Boston Bruins in 6
(4) Pittsburgh vs. (5) Ottawa Pens in 6

West:
(1) San Jose vs. (8) Colorado Sharks in 5
(2) Chicago vs. (7) Nashville Blackhawks in 5
(3) Vancouver vs. (6) Los Angeles Kings in 7
(4) Phoenix vs. (5) Detroit Wings in 5

From then on:
Caps over Bruins, Pens over Devils, Sharks over Kings, Wings over Hawks, Caps over Pens and Wings over Sharks and finally Wings over Caps.

Succcccc it Caps.

Pens have scored 2 goals vs NJ in 4 games this season.

gogo NJ choke.

Sponsored Links
Android1
VeteranXV
Old
202 - 04-13-2010, 18:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVADER View Post
Pens have scored 2 goals vs NJ in 4 games this season.

gogo NJ choke.

pens have played NJ 6 times...and have scored like 5 goals.

ottawa is a terrible road team. tough to win in the playoffs when you suck on the road. pens in 5 or 6.

Paladin-5
VeteranXX
Old
203 - 04-13-2010, 18:42
Seeing matt cooke get his world rocked Saturday made my weekend

turdburgler
Veteran++
Old
204 - 04-13-2010, 18:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
pens have played NJ 6 times...and have scored like 5 goals.

ottawa is a terrible road team. tough to win in the playoffs when you suck on the road. pens in 5 or 6.
6 please

I have tickets

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
205 - 04-13-2010, 19:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-5 View Post
Seeing matt cooke get his world rocked Saturday made my weekend
yah he pretty much deserved that

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
206 - 04-13-2010, 20:20
And the Oilers get the 1st overall.

Ruthven
VeteranXX
Old
207 - 04-13-2010, 20:21
Oilers take Hall or Seguin? What you guys think. Do they need a center or winger more?

Eso
VeteranX
Old
208 - 04-13-2010, 20:27
i bet they take hall.

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
209 - 04-13-2010, 20:27
They need a true 1st line center more than a 1st line winger. A RH center would compliment Hemsky if they're on the same line. They don't really have much depth at LW right now but they do have MPS and a couple of prospects in the wings that could develop well. Center is a cluster**** though. Gagner, Cogliano are natural centers while Eberle is looking to join the team this year and take a center spot. It would be nice to see Eberle and Hall work together like they did at the WJHC but it's unlikely in my eyes.

SilverSoldat
Veteran++
Old
210 - 04-13-2010, 20:52
East:
(1) Washington vs. (8) Montreal
(2) New Jersey vs. (7) Philadelphia
(3) Buffalo vs. (6) Boston
(4) Pittsburgh vs. (5) Ottawa

West:
(1) San Jose vs. (8) Colorado
(2) Chicago vs. (7) Nashville
(3) Vancouver vs. (6) Los Angeles
(4) Phoenix vs. (5) Detroit

For the cup it's going to be Chi-town out of the west and for the east it's probably the Pens. Blackhawks in 6.

However I am a Sabres fan so GO BUFFALO!

Icey
VeteranX
Old
211 - 04-13-2010, 21:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcursion View Post

The second part comes with the first part.

Edit: So does the third.
O I C. I'm clearly a Wings fan simply because they win a lot, amirite? Or it could be because I grew up in Milwaukee and my choice was the Hawks or Wings and I chose the Wings. Admirals are not really a choice.

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
212 - 04-13-2010, 22:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icey View Post
O I C. I'm clearly a Wings fan simply because they win a lot, amirite? Or it could be because I grew up in Milwaukee and my choice was the Hawks or Wings and I chose the Wings. Admirals are not really a choice.
You're the stereotypical Wings fan that doesn't know much about hockey or really pay attention during the season. It's really not that hard to figure out.

Yetskii
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
213 - 04-14-2010, 00:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcursion View Post
You're the stereotypical Wings fan that doesn't know much about hockey or really pay attention during the season. It's really not that hard to figure out.
lol, here we go...Wings fans all know nothing about hockey...Way to homer **** up early ******.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
214 - 04-14-2010, 00:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
This whole "Keeping track of hockey" thing is fun, but I don't understand how some of you can keep up with it for an entire season.
it's the same thing for any season right... i mean if you're not a sports person then i can see why it's not for you or everyone

SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
215 - 04-14-2010, 00:55
anyone who picks the devils to beat the flyers knows nothing about hockey

FFS are you guys ****ing stupid?

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
216 - 04-14-2010, 00:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by turdburgler View Post
I still stand by the fact the Leafs have one of the better D cores in the league.
i stand by the fact that i wouldn't be able to type anything that would make you realize how completely ridiculous that statement is so i'll just point out that it's completely ridiculous *check* and point out this is why people laugh at leaf fans.

you have on of the worst defensive cores in the entire league

you have 27 million dollars sunk in defenseman and only one good player... whom you're trying to trade, to make matters even more ridiculous and comical.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
217 - 04-14-2010, 01:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by turdburgler View Post
Most leaf fans will blame Toskala. The guy is ****ING TERRIBLE. His first year he was decent. Last year I still defended him based on his first year (ask Pagy, he probably still thinks I am moron for defending the guy all year).
well maybe a little

i mean i still defend lalime (LAWLIME) i can't tease you too hard (WELL FOR THIS TOPIC AMIRITE?)

Hockeyplyr
VeteranX
Old
218 - 04-14-2010, 01:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthven View Post
Oilers take Hall or Seguin? What you guys think. Do they need a center or winger more?
You take the best player available.... Seguin.

Plus, They have Hemsky on the wing. Get him a real center for **** sake.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
219 - 04-14-2010, 01:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerosene31 View Post
The problem with the Leafs is and has always been they are completely against just sucking it up and going on a 3+ year rebuilding cycle.

Burke comes in and cleans house, then suddenly makes a strong play for Kessel and gives up valuable picks in the process. That's bass-ackwards. Good teams give up picks to make a run while bad teams dump players and stockpile picks. Not that the Kessel deal was horrible on its own, but it is the kind of thing where winning sooner becomes key and you end up going nowhere fast.

Keep those picks and draft your own Kessel.

The Leafs do both/neither in a half-assed sort of way. Kessel was great for them and will probably get better, but they take one step forward and two steps back. Now what do they have to build around him?
here's the ting

the trade itself wasn't bad, it was the circumstances around them.

let me explain

burke believed the team would contend for a playoff spot this year. as such, he made a play to improve his team quickly as opposed to drafting and cultivating. if the leafs make the playoffs, we're talking about a draft pick that is 15+ this year, hopefully even higher in 2011. you don't need to look further than tsn's preseason power rankings to see that even the hockey media thought the same.

outside the TORONTO sports network in leaf hating land (ottawa/montreal) we were all sort of scratching our heads thinking that the leafs would still do very badly this year. i think even a meathead like burke would have kept those picks if he had a crystal ball and knew that it would be second overall.

in the end, the leaf's struggle (LOL HAPPY 43rd BIRTHDAY) boils dow to what you pointed out: their inability or unwillingness to rebuild. now instead of having a player to rebuild around, they try to buy their way out of a problem with players like kessel. teams like chicago, washington, pittsburgh all went through this process and look at them now. look at tampa on the horizon. hell even the islanders have a better outlook.

funny sidenote: boston couldn't score goals this year and they are still laughing at that trade. apparently that guy is an enormous douche.

Last edited by Pagy; 04-14-2010 at 01:25..
Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
220 - 04-14-2010, 01:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyplyr View Post
You take the best player available.... Seguin.

Plus, They have Hemsky on the wing. Get him a real center for **** sake.
hemsky is remarkably overrated

Page 11 of 183

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] '09-'10 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
canuck!!!! , ender has herpes , leafs suck , legless dogs , meat was here , my horse is amazing , odio is a fucking faggot , odio is a fucking retard , raped wings , sharks eat chicken wings , sharks gon get raped , sharks gonna win , they took my cup , they took my son , this thread is a shitshow , where pens fans go?