Death Punch Studios filling positions.

Thanks for brining that up, phunk. I can't believe we made it 21 pages without anyone mentioning all the failed Tribes remakes.

didn't this already happen with legends like 4 other failed projects?
Legends
SS:2845 (not strictly Tribes, but the same type of project)
Asscension
Gladiators
that ET:QW mod
Tribes: Source :)rofl:)
Marweas and co's project that didn't even get as far as choosing a name

and probably some that are already forgotten

there are probably 10x more that got as "far" as this thing did (someone finding a game engine, changing physics constants, and tossing tribes assets into it)

and dont forget Legions and the new Legions. though i guess Legions was successful (relatively lol) in the sense that it was actually completed, deployed, and played.

Last edited:
there are probably 10x more that got as "far" as this thing did (someone finding a game engine, changing physics constants, and tossing tribes assets into it)

and dont forget Legions and the new Legions. though i guess Legions was successful (relatively lol) in the sense that it was actually completed, deployed, and played.
Yea Legions is the most successful in terms of player base, but it had a significantly different start compared to the other projects. If anything the latest community-run effort is close, but we inherited the original game.

god forgive me cause its wrong but i plan to die
either take me in heaven and understand I was a G
did the best I could, raised in insanity
Or send me to hell cause i aint beggin for my life
aint nottin worse than this cursed ass hopeless life

IM TROUBLESOME

Yea Legions is the most successful in terms of player base, but it had a significantly different start compared to the other projects. If anything the latest community-run effort is close, but we inherited the original game.
Which is why I didn't count it. Most of the work has already been done for you, you didn't have to start from scratch.

Legions is fun. never heard of it, just killed 4 hours playing it. and i have 2 weeks of vacation starting today.. woooohooooo

if you guys made some sort of matchmaking system instead of the obsolete pub server system, make it f2p (the $ methods are obvious but NOT LOADOUTS lol), and put it on steam and you'd get an audience fo sho... add vehicles too (t2 tank and shrike style... cuz rolling over nerds and shrike capping made me jizz :D)

note that the world actually lacks a good competitive FPS since counterstrike. everything these days caters to console noobs

Back