Help with MAs (mid air) with the disk

i just use the disc pretty much all the time, it seems to work for me(im usually playing at 100-120ish ping, when i get below 100 the ma's start to climb like a motherfucker) i rarely get that ping though :(

using interpolate isn't going to help him hit ma's

if anything it'll make him worse since everyone's movements will be jerky instead of smooth

Most MAs (in my experience) are when someone is jetting upward and away from you, or directly floating/falling in front of you. Just don't expect to get insane shots like while strafing or moving at high speeds, maybe thats why you're interpreting it as difficult. MAs are usually opportunity shots, so just keep that in mind.

ma's

I recently turned my mouse sensitivity way down and hit 2 ma's out of 3 tries the first map i played....but at such a low setting it was hard to play decent lof so i have been tweaking it since then..........and don't get too wild with your FOV cause it really screws with your depth perception

My first suggestion is to practice shooting stationary targets (building column, tree). Do this while jetting up, down, side to side, back to foward. Keep doing this till you hit your targets often back to back. Pay attention to where you need to place your reticle in reference to the target based on your speed and direction.

Then start playing LakRabbit and Deathmatch using spinfusor only. No other game type allows for as many MA tries per minute. No chain, no GL. Disc only. Yeah, your gonna get your butt kicked in Disc only DM. But your learning. I ususally do this for 30 mintues to an hour before I play CTF. Do this everyday and there will be improvment.

Some basic rules: One of the most common defensive movements is for a target to stop jetting and start dropping for faster movement. So many of your MA's will involve shooting a dropping target. Learn to shoot below dropping targets. By the time the disc gets there, they will be dropping into it.

When dueling 1 vs 1 in the air, most MA's dont' require that much lead. About 1/2 a reticle width at the most. Also pay attention to the target and it's movement. This isn't a twitch reflex FPS as much as other games. The targets are usually slower moving to be patient, line up your shot, take it.

I remember back when I had 56k and my discs were firing off center for some reason. I thought I had auto aim, because the first time it went off center it MAed a guy.

It's funny, about 2 months ago, I was getting MA's all the time. Then I started capping and kept my focus there. After a while I just wasn't MA'ing like I used to. IMO, it really just takes alot of practice. Also, your machine may have something to do with it. As soon as I got my new PC, I was getting WAY more MA's.

As of late I've been trying to work on my aim more and what I'm doing is simply firing more disks than I normally would to the point where I am running out of disks constantly. But the more you shoot the more you learn.

But I like what A z r a e l posted, he's got the right idea.

TeckMan said:
don't forget the disc also takes some of your momentum

I have never thought of that!
According to the laws of physics you *should* slow down after shooting the weapon, or at least you would require more energy from your jet pack to keep you travelling at the same velocity...

cyclonite said:
I have never thought of that!
According to the laws of physics you *should* slow down after shooting the weapon, or at least you would require more energy from your jet pack to keep you travelling at the same velocity...
that's not what i meant...
I mean your velocity is imparted onto your projectiles

Back