Help with MAs (mid air) with the disk

R

rage_sniper

I am asking for any tips on MAs. I have played Tribes 1 and 2 for many years, but I am still unable to hit in mid air with the disk on a regular basis. I would appreciate any help on this subject.

Hmmmm. Use the disc more often and it will just come natural. Cant really explain how to do it just lead your targets and compensate for distance and p0w, MA.

I read somewhere that there was a script or an update that caused you disk to alaways fire out the center of your reticle. Was this already covered in the last T2 update.

yeah there's a script that will make the disc more centered, making easy mid-air disc

search for "warpoints" on google, everyone has this script!

R@ND0M said:
yeah there's a script that will make the disc more centered, making easy mid-air disc

THank you very much

R@ND0M said:

the only script I am coming up with searching for warpoints is a way point script. is this the script you are talking about?

He's fucking with you. You might just try looking up "tribes 2 reticles" in google. The defualt one is crap for accuracy. In my expirence, a smaller reticle is usually better in terms of aiming accuratly. Also look for a script that kills the reticle rings (you shouldn't have trouble doing this). Those rings are pretty worthless and all you care about is having something nice not-in-your-way.

Also tribes2 has flawed dpeth perception, so you may want to think about changing your FOV. In anycase I'd lay down some beacons and just practice shooting so you get get an idea how far and fast the disc travels. Then when you shoot it, think of the disc as an extention of your body, and it's YOU who's traveling towrds the person trying to hit them. I know that sounds gay, but it puts more concentration in each of your shots -- aiming = good :]

Sir Lucius said:
He's fucking with you. You might just try looking up "tribes 2 reticles" in google. The defualt one is crap for accuracy. In my expirence, a smaller reticle is usually better in terms of aiming accuratly. Also look for a script that kills the reticle rings (you shouldn't have trouble doing this). Those rings are pretty worthless and all you care about is having something nice not-in-your-way.

Also tribes2 has flawed dpeth perception, so you may want to think about changing your FOV. In anycase I'd lay down some beacons and just practice shooting so you get get an idea how far and fast the disc travels. Then when you shoot it, think of the disc as an extention of your body, and it's YOU who's traveling towrds the person trying to hit them. I know that sounds gay, but it puts more concentration in each of your shots -- aiming = good :]

THANKS

R@ND0M said:
this guys so gullible :(

And maybe we could make something useful out of him if you people would stop being fuckwits and actually give him some pointers.

Honestly, does it give you cancer or something to actually HELP people?

As for the topic at hand, namely, skill with hitting people in midair with the disc launcher, there's not much more to it than spending a lot of time fighting other people with it at close range and learning the timing and lead involved with certain types of shots. I find it somewhat easier to hit them if I fly above their heads, but with proper timing you can learn to hit them from below pretty well.

Hitting them when they're at the same elevation and circle-strafing you is hard at close range without a good connection and good FPS, but it can be done. However, the closer you are to your opponent, chances are better that you'll be able to catch them with a mid-air disc. Naturally, it's a lot easier to hit an opponent that is either coming directly at you or going directly away from you, which is more likely in CTF than in DM, I would imagine.

It takes a lot of practice and a lot of time spent with the game to really master the timing and lead involved. I've been with this series for almost four years and I still nail maybe 1 MA disc out of every 40 attempts, so I usually play it safe and save my discs for when they hit the ground. If you know that you can make the shot, though, or at least the odds are pretty good (10 to 1, 5 to 1), by all means go for the MA.

Back when IE was still around a bunch of us would jump onto a server and just have MA wars. On Dangerous Crossing we'd just all jump up as high as we could and just start discing away. It helped a bit, as will any practice.

My advice is this: Remember that not only will your movement play into the equation, but also your disc's and your opponent's as well. A lot of the magic behind MAing is knowing where your opponent will be in a split second. While you're playing, watch how players move. Learn where they'll be half a second later. That's where you want to aim. But then it gets all crazy once you start moving around.

Just keep playing, one day it will click in your head. It's just something that takes time.

Oh, and reticles don't do JACK for aim.

I dunno. I think MA's are more of a reflex now. I just see the guy, and i just like magically know where he's gonna go. I don't know how to explain it wtf. just like, shoot :/

Back