MitsuLAN

Mitsubishi said:
how bout this

I'll add a little "who were you refered by" thing on the site, you guys go out and get people to sign up and I'll give you 15$ for every ticket you sell.

I like this guy, he does have ideas... You pass the test, I cant come but good luck. :)

I'd go if it weren't on the west coast. Seems like a decent idea, and I'm not exactly poor for money. I personally don't know much about Mitsu, and whether or not he can pull this off. It sounds interesting enough, only problem is it being so far away. Anyhow, good luck getting your numbers, mitsu.

I don't game much anymore, but any kind of event for gathering a community or a few communities is always nice. You guys should cut him some slack - there's no need to run his event to the ground whether or not you liked his advertising or his methods.

almost 10 pages already? goddadmnnnnn

$100 + [ 3(days) x food+drinks ] + extra entertainment = X

X = waaay too much for a local lan = fuck that

if all that wasnt the case i would go

Last edited:
SniperOmega said:
almost 10 pages already? goddadmnnnnn

$100 + [ 3(days) x food+drinks ] + extra entertainment = X

X = waaay too much for a local lan = fuck that

if all that wasnt the case i would go

the best math is 5000 (people required)/30 (days left)

Mitsu needs 166 people to sign up, per day, to pull this off like he says its gonna.

And he was telling me in irc "But im gonna get 500 this week"

Mitsulan.com said:
Registration will close on December 25th 2004, and all registrations that have not been confirmed by that date will NOT be accepted, so register and submit payment early. We're planning for 5,000 people, and we expect to get them; this is pre-pay only, so don't wait and show up hoping to be let in. We'll laugh at you.

Last edited:
I still have a hard time convincing myself to go and I only live a few miles away. Therefore I'd be spending very little besides that intial 100 bucks. So it makes me wonder if people from LA or SD are considering driving back and forth from their home to LAN just to play. Because you damn well know there is an extreme shortage of avaialable hotel rooms this late. (I know, I worked at one of the Disney resort hotels during the holidays.) Course, maybe they'll all be willing to stay at Motel 6.

Mitsubishi said:
this just reeks of "I wish I had thought of it syndrome"

look dude THERE ARE GARGANTUAN PARTIES ALL THE TIME...

Friends of mine sell out 20,000 person parties on the west coast twice or three times a year which they start advertising for ONE MONTH IN ADVANCE.

and all they offer is music and booze.

I am offering music booze and games and foam and prizes.

get a clue before you start telling me (a 23 year old retired entrepanuer) what is and is not possible.

Its not 'i wish i had thought of it syndrome' he's trying to give you good advice.

I wouldnt even try to have a $30 overnighter on new years eve.

Listen to what is being said mits..you are looking at a forum full of gamers, you are looking at a forum full of guys that willingly go across the country to uva lan once a year. Nobody is trying to steal your thunder, in tw's backhanded way they are tryingto keep you from losing your ass. If you go try to go through with this on new years eve, you are going to lose your ass.

NOBODY is going to go to a lan on new years eve, even nerds are out at parties and bars on new years eve.

If you would just call this off, and reschedule it for say around june..or july..you would be WAY more likely to have a good turn out for a summer lan, when college kids and high school kids are out for a couple months, and they have more than a 30 day warning to get their time off from work and beg parents or whoever for $100 bucks.

You know I've always been behind you on this...I'm all for a guy pushing out on his own...but if you keep with this schedule you are going to lose your ass

so after all is said and done... wtf is good about a bunch of smelly computer nerds playing around with each other in foam?

The haters seem to be scared of this thing, scared that it will go well, or scared that if does flop they'll have missed an opportunity to point out how smart they are by predicting it. If it flops, is your "i told you so" really worth the hate coursing through your veins into your posts? If it flops, is your "advice" filled with condescending "wisdom" going to help? If it flops are you going to be happy??

If the answer to any of these questions is yes, re-evaluate your personality

And mitsu, thanks for at least trying to get Tribes played competitively again. If at first you don't succeed....

The 'haters' are trying to tell him that he's going to lose his nuts if he pushes this on new years eve.

Phoenix said:
The haters seem to be scared of this thing, scared that it will go well, or scared that if does flop they'll have missed an opportunity to point out how smart they are by predicting it.

You're reading too much into this. There's no conspiracy or reverse psychology going on here. It's just that given the facts that have been proven: the call for 5000 people, the $100 admission, the improbable date and the venue that doesn't exist, the unknown factors of what the damned thing is about (foam? LAN? Rave?) and prizes and who's going - it all points to the same thing: BS.

Sorry, Mitsu - no offense, but I'm just sorta laying it out like it is.

i took the time out of my busy schedule to post these snipets from mondays IRC adventure:

[11:46] <Mitsubishi> Lanparties were ORIGINALLY parties
[11:46] <Mitsubishi> and then the dorks corrupted them

old_skul said:
You're reading too much into this. There's no conspiracy or reverse psychology going on here. It's just that given the facts that have been proven: the call for 5000 people, the $100 admission, the improbable date and the venue that doesn't exist, the unknown factors of what the damned thing is about (foam? LAN? Rave?) and prizes and who's going - it all points to the same thing: BS.

Sorry, Mitsu - no offense, but I'm just sorta laying it out like it is.

yea, all of that info that everybody already knows is kinda still lingering

Back