You can now buy in game pets for rl money

JustinCase

Contributor
Veteran XX
Blizzard Store

wheelbarrows%20of%20cash.jpg

I wonder how long until people are up in arms bitching about blizzard trying to make money and accusing them of planning to sell epics and max lvl characters.

Only half the proceeds go to make-a-wish? You'd think with all the money they are pulling in they could at least afford to give all proceeds.

Only half the proceeds go to make-a-wish? You'd think with all the money they are pulling in they could at least afford to give all proceeds.

wtf don't you idiots get about running a company. OMG 9 million subscribers paying a estimated 14.99/ month! they gotta be making fucktonbillions a month

wtf don't you idiots get about running a company. OMG 9 million subscribers paying a estimated 14.99/ month! they gotta be making fucktonbillions a month

1. WoW MMORPG.
2. WoW DC comic.
3. WoW trading card game.
4. WoW paper-and-pencil RPG.
5. WoW novels.
6. WoW board games.
7. WoW Jinx apparel.
8. WoW beer steins.
9. WoW Mt. Dew soda.
10. WoW figurines.
11. WoW-themed replicas.

And so on and so on... Or do you want to throw on top of the pile all the money coming in from paid transfers, race transfers, faction transfers, re-customizations, and all the extra sales from retail copies for the Refer-A-Friend program?

Back when WoW first started, yeah they were probably making little profit since it was just the MMO. But now at least half that list (or more) is simply residual income, people make the products and cut Blizzard in on a portion simply to use the name. I'm sure some of them Blizzard's staff has some time/effort into it, but it would be minimal.

1. WoW MMORPG.
2. WoW DC comic.
5. WoW novels.
6. WoW board games.
7. WoW Jinx apparel.
8. WoW beer steins.
9. WoW Mt. Dew soda.
10. WoW figurines.
11. WoW-themed replicas.

And so on and so on... Or do you want to throw on top of the pile all the money coming in from paid transfers, race transfers, faction transfers, re-customizations, and all the extra sales from retail copies for the Refer-A-Friend program?

Back when WoW first started, yeah they were probably making little profit since it was just the MMO. But now at least half that list (or more) is simply residual income, people make the products and cut Blizzard in on a portion simply to use the name. I'm sure some of them Blizzard's staff has some time/effort into it, but it would be minimal.

Now lets think about how many persons are employed at Activision/ blizzard that these revenues are paying. then the development department, Account services for all blizzard games, Then the company who makes the cd's and all they're employee's, then heres the expensive part! The server company that actually hosts the ingame servers. then all they're utility bills / month (most companies pay by the quarter but w/e). Not to mention all the other major things and minor i just dont have the time to remember or type out, And your left with profit but not metric megatons of money.

I'm not saying they dont make profit but i don't think its as much as you think it is

You're lack of reasonable intelligence disconcerts me.

* Edit
Just a quick google search shows that in china they had a late turn in on they're revenue report ( they were waiting for 4th quarter ending profits to stack more to show better profit) and its fucking china. if you cant make money over there theres a problem
http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS95177+01-Jul-2009+PRN20090701

but what do i know right?

Last edited:
1. WoW MMORPG.
2. WoW DC comic.
5. WoW novels.
6. WoW board games.
7. WoW Jinx apparel.
8. WoW beer steins.
9. WoW Mt. Dew soda.
10. WoW figurines.
11. WoW-themed replicas.

And?

It's a fucking for-profit company. They aren't a god damn charity, and even if they were making $2 billion a WEEK, they could, should, and would still charge money for shit. That's what companies DO.

And?

It's a fucking for-profit company. They aren't a god damn charity, and even if they were making $2 billion a WEEK, they could, should, and would still charge money for shit. That's what companies DO.

I thought companies strove to be "too big to fail" so they can blatantly mismanage their their books in order to shovel as much money as possible to the higher executives and then wait for the government to bail them out?

Blizzard finally just cutting to the chase...

Next on the Blizzard store: BUY GOLD DIRECT FROM THE SOURCE!

I'll be buying both of these pets, by the way. :bandit:

I wonder what kind of fairytale land some people live in to think that a company can reach a point where it has made enough money and doesn't need to make any more.

Well the Make-A-Wish donation only goes until 12/31/09, after that they will continue to make profits not only on those two pets but also all others they plan to slip down the pipe.

... Or was that fine print too fine?

Back