So is WoW dead or...

Population imbalances really, really suck. I think it might be payback for playing Albion in DoaC. Course it wasn't until Blood Elves were released that the Horde became so numerous. All horde are closet homos.

Or some of the girls and closet homos on Alliance side jumped to Horde because blood elves (on both genders) look just effeminate enough to please both parties. And probably because they didn't want to have the "offensive" stripper dance.

Population imbalances really, really suck. I think it might be payback for playing Albion in DoaC. Course it wasn't until Blood Elves were released that the Horde became so numerous. All horde are closet homos.

Used to play on hib/percival as an enchanter. That being said, I just reactivated my account a few days ago after not playing for about 2 years and i'm now about to be 76 :D

I'll give you that BC was better in many areas than WotLK. However, I disagree with the whole Vanilla > BC part for most people.

I understand that many classic raiders think back to their first C'Thun, Nef, Ragnaros, etc kills as their most exciting times but you have to think about how annoying the raids were back then. You had 40 man raids which was at times very painful to fill and also had many bads, and you pretty much had to go farm a fuckton for any consumables.

It was like that in early BC too before they implemented the change. I remember my first Magtheridon pre-nerf kill, I had to go get flask, food, pots, 5-6 different elixirs, and more.

As much fun as vanilla was, I think BC was a better executed raiding game.
From a raiding standpoint you're absolutely correct. It was a perfect balance between the bloated / convoluted mess of WOTLK and the difficulty of (AQ40 and for its time BWL) vanilla encounters / simplicity of design. Even though I think BWL is still my favorite raid, there were some really challenging / memorable fights in BC and overall with sunwell in the mix it was the best era for raiding.

In terms of everything else, I'd take vanilla in a heartbeat. While BC arena was also pretty fun, again I'd take the more disorganized spontaneity of vanilla over it any day. Game just has gotten so segmented and instanced and organized filled to the brim with items and shit and 10 different ways to get gear and easy, it really doesn't feel like an MMO anymore.

Last edited:
Back