Cataclysm Class Previews

Hunter changes are plainly dumb, instead of helping with clunky cc abilities (read: make traps direcable) they are bonkering it up with adding traplauncher. So you can clunkily add a frost trap underneath someone YAY.

Btw all of these changes (except: mana->focus) were in discussion in wotlk beta, it really fells just like that same warmed up shit.

Hunter changes are plainly dumb, instead of helping with clunky cc abilities (read: make traps direcable) they are bonkering it up with adding traplauncher. So you can clunkily add a frost trap underneath someone YAY.

Btw all of these changes (except: mana->focus) were in discussion in wotlk beta, it really fells just like that same warmed up shit.

Hunters no longer have ammo or mana. That's a pretty big change.

clunky CC abilities.... hunters have the most CC in the game.:roller:

such shit changes for pallies. thought they were gonna rework them all

It sounds like they are but they haven't decided exactly how yet.

Holy is getting more rounded (better at raid healing but worse at MT healing) and they're nerfing Beacon.

Ret is going to have the possibility for them to fuck their rotation up somehow.

Prot is going to have different rotations for AOE vs Single Target.

oh so they need to have skill now.. well that works.

It doesn't sound like it, the changes to me make it seem like they are making the paly even easier to play.

I laughed when I saw they said they were going to have different rotations for single target and aoe tanking, there is a difference already but it isn't obvious until you actually understand all the abilities and class mechanics, basically they are just going to make it more obvious, something like crusader strike (they mentioned all palys get it at level one) will share a cool down with Hammer of the righteous so you use one or the other.

It doesn't sound like it, the changes to me make it seem like they are making the paly even easier to play.

I laughed when I saw they said they were going to have different rotations for single target and aoe tanking, there is a difference already but it isn't obvious until you actually understand all the abilities and class mechanics, basically they are just going to make it more obvious, something like crusader strike (they mentioned all palys get it at level one) will share a cool down with Hammer of the righteous so you use one or the other.

You're delusional if you don't think it needs to be more pronounced.

Uh... you only have enough GCDs to keep everything on CD. There's no difference at all between single and multi now.

You're delusional if you don't think it needs to be more pronounced.

I didn't say that I thought there shouldn't be a difference, I said that blizzard is going to come up with a over simplified way of doing it so it will be obvious to everyone.

Uh... you only have enough GCDs to keep everything on CD. There's no difference at all between single and multi now.

There is a difference, a lot of fights have target switching with tricks of the trade and MD the threat gen a small issue, you pretty much end up playing the rotation in a way that you are trying to maximize DPS without worrying about threat. There are lots of fights in the game that a prot paly can drop consecrate (low threat gen) and even hammer of the righteous without ever losing threat, it is a lazy way to play I did it a few times without any issues, actually there were times that I was main tanking and talking to people on MSN and surfing the web with no issues.

In LK there are different specs and glyphs for single or multi target tanking, but it isn't even worth having multi and single target specs because threat is rarely a issue. The start of a single or multi target pull is very different, but after that you don't have to worry about much.

Paly taking is too easy and obvious, there is no penalty for messing up the rotation, to screw up you have to bubble yourself, take off your shield or turn your back to the mob for anybody to even notice something happened. A lot of prot palys like to try to explain how they have a 6969 and make it sound like they have to maintain that perfect rotation and that is how they generate so much threat over another tank.

Back