'polyamory' and idiots from tw who believe in it by nigafool - Page 8 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page 'polyamory' and idiots from tw who believe in it
Page 8 of 25
Obibun
VeteranXV
Old
141 - 07-03-2007, 16:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
i'd say if you're willing to share "your girl" with someone else, she's not really "your girl"

but who am i to argue with obibun of "look idiots i know everything about women i hang out near them" fame
You seem to know what you're talking about here, but also seem like the type who would be jealous if your girlfriend was hanging out with her friends instead of you.

I don't see a problem if my girlfriend wants to get sexual with another chick. For me, that's hot as **** (assuming the other girl is attractive). I don't really consider it cheating either, and would not be jealous - and maybe that's just genetic seeing as there's no dick in the equation ergo no children etc. etc. etc.

As long as I'm involved somehow, anyway. If she's just sneaking off in the night to be with some girl, I'd probably be pretty hurt by it. If she says, 'I really want to go down on that hot girl over there if you want to **** me while it happens', I'd be game, sure as hell.

Sponsored Links
nigafool
VeteranXX
Old
142 - 07-03-2007, 16:52
my gf is hanging out with her friends tonight. shrug.

i don't see what not wanting your gf to **** other people (in front of you or not) has to do with being a jealous control-freak.

i will admit i shared your opinion when i was younger and didn't know what it was like to actually care about someone.

Scourge
VeteranXX
Old
143 - 07-03-2007, 16:53
I mean how far are you gonna take your hardline?

Say you're out with some friends and your girlfriend and another friend (female) get a little drunk and decide it'd be fun to make out a little bit. I have a tough time stepping in to stop it in that situation y'know..

Wraithed
VeteranXX
Old
144 - 07-03-2007, 16:55
You people do realize that cannot judge the reactions/actions of others based off of your reactions/actions... right?

nigafool
VeteranXX
Old
145 - 07-03-2007, 16:56
you're not really understanding my position, i think.

this isn't something i have to constantly ponder based on my gf's actions. i've been with this girl for almost 6 years because she's a good fit (mentally and vaginally). she's just not that type of girl.

i have a friend who is that type of girl, and she does that **** all the time. coincidentally, she also has one of the unhealthiest relationships i've ever seen.

Obibun
VeteranXV
Old
146 - 07-03-2007, 16:56
Quote:
my gf is hanging out with her friends tonight. shrug.

i don't see what not wanting your gf to **** other people (in front of you or not) has to do with being a jealous control-freak.

i will admit i shared your opinion when i was younger and didn't know what it was like to actually care about someone.
Fair enough.

It's not about being a jealous control-freak as such. I just don't see any reason to be jealous in particular?

It's a completely different situation, I think.

Like, obviously if she wants to do **** with another guy, there's all the more reason to be jealous - you're a guy, and she wants to be with another one. That kind of puts him above you. Jealous++

With a girl though.. well, why not?

It's hot.. and it's not as though she's replacing you at all - you're still the male in her life. So where does the jealousy come in? Is it just a general loss of control in general over her during sex, or just wanting her to yourself? Both of these are fine for people in a relationship I suppose.

I just don't see any reason for me in particular to get jealous. I'm still the guy in her life, you know? And if she wants to do something with me and another chick that I consider hot as ****, why not?

ed- Personally, and this is just my jealous personality talking, but I'd much rather have my girlfriend thinking/being curious about doing **** with other girls than with other men.

Scourge
VeteranXX
Old
147 - 07-03-2007, 16:58
Quote:
you're not really understanding my position, i think.

this isn't something i have to constantly ponder based on my gf's actions. i've been with this girl for almost 6 years because she's a good fit (mentally and vaginally). she's just not that type of girl.

i have a friend who is that type of girl, and she does that **** all the time. coincidentally, she also has one of the unhealthiest relationships i've ever seen.
That's a very standoffish post while the rest of yours in this thread scream "I know what's best for everyone"

nigafool
VeteranXX
Old
148 - 07-03-2007, 17:00
the "jealous control-freak" comment was in relation to you suggesting my views make me the sort of person who gets jealous when she's hanging out with her friends. that's what jealous control-freaks do. i was simply pointing out that i don't understand the correlation just because i don't want to be with a girl who is into ****ing other people.

and why is a girl ****ing a girl different than a girl ****ing a guy?

i mean i understand it in the "lesbianism is hot" sort of way, but i don't see how it's more emotionally meaningless just because there's no penis involved. it's that very assumption that gets you into trouble after getting into a 'polyamorous' situation.

nigafool
VeteranXX
Old
149 - 07-03-2007, 17:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
That's a very standoffish post while the rest of yours in this thread scream "I know what's best for everyone"
i'm confused. aren't all of my posts in this thread standoffish?

Scourge
VeteranXX
Old
150 - 07-03-2007, 17:02
I think girls just do it to tease guys. They don't really enjoy it more than a dick.

edit: yeah that wasn't the word I wanted to use, but I don't know what is so... yeah.

nigafool
VeteranXX
Old
151 - 07-03-2007, 17:07
anyways scourge my point isn't that "i know what's best for everyone"

i have no problem with people who do this 'polyamory' ****

just don't pretend your relationship is 'good' or 'working'. it's pretty much the definition of 'not working'.

i'm also not knocking people who have threesomes. have as many threesomes as you want. they're fun and i'm not denying that... but there's a difference between the girl you invite to a threesome and the girl you marry.

Wraithed
VeteranXX
Old
152 - 07-03-2007, 17:08
Quote:
anyways scourge my point isn't that "i know what's best for everyone"

just don't pretend your relationship is 'good' or 'working'. it's pretty much the definition of 'not working'.
These two sentences are in contradiction of one another.

nigafool
VeteranXX
Old
153 - 07-03-2007, 17:10
not at all. lots of people are in relationships that aren't really relationships anymore. lots of them even pretend it's still a great relationship, regardless of the truth.

Obibun
VeteranXV
Old
154 - 07-03-2007, 17:13
Quote:
they're fun and i'm not denying that... but there's a difference between the girl you invite to a threesome and the girl you marry.
I'll agree with you here. My point is that if I'm dating a girl and she wants to try it with me and another girl, hey, no problem, why not.

I'd assume that if we're good enough together to get married, that by the time she marries me she'll have grown out of that.

Still, I don't see a problem with a 3rd chick entering into a relationship when you're young.

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
155 - 07-03-2007, 17:14
well it would be a boring world if we were all alike

but i'm personally not down with this polyamory **** ;> if you want to **** another girl so bad then you're obviously not with the right one

Wraithed
VeteranXX
Old
156 - 07-03-2007, 17:15
Quote:
not at all. lots of people are in relationships that aren't really relationships anymore. lots of them even pretend it's still a great relationship, regardless of the truth.
They are clearly in contradiction.

example.

My point isn't that "all black people commit crime"

Just don't pretend that if you are black you haven't stolen something.

You are painting with broad brushes. Opinion is different from fact. In your opinion people cannot have a "working" polyamorous relationship, the fact is you are incorrect when speaking for everyone.

Scourge
VeteranXX
Old
157 - 07-03-2007, 17:15
It's almost like a 'great relationship' means different things to different people.

Obibun
VeteranXV
Old
158 - 07-03-2007, 17:16
Wraithed, what I think he means is that a sane, chemically balanced individual cannot have a working polyamorous relationship. We're not meant for it, genetically it's doomed to fail.

However there are plenty of ****ed up people out there who probably have fantastic polyamorous relationships.

nigafool
VeteranXX
Old
159 - 07-03-2007, 17:16
if you're young and don't give that much of a **** about the relationship, invite whoever you want into bed. i'm not knocking sexual exploration/experimentation at all.

Scourge
VeteranXX
Old
160 - 07-03-2007, 17:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithed View Post
My point isn't that "all black people commit crime"

Just don't pretend that if you are black you haven't stolen something.
I mean.. they're black.. Seriously..

Page 8 of 25

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page 'polyamory' and idiots from tw who believe in it

Social Website Bullshit