Need a Tribes OGL Historian

gigafool said:
it's a thread about tribes memories

that is certainly a tribes memory

now we only need a link to celestials self-promotion website where he wears anakin skywalker constumes and does jedi moves

better yet link the pictures of that 15 year chick with the huge tits that he was supposedly dating.

Just to clear one thing up. TW was created as a responce to the prohibition of cussing on the OGL general discussion forum. The shoutcasting thing thing came much later.

gigafool said:
it's a thread about tribes memories

that is certainly a tribes memory

now we only need a link to celestials self-promotion website where he wears anakin skywalker constumes and does jedi moves

I have nightmares about him sitting on the toilet in that promo video.

Mael said:
I was also at Tribes Gala and got to watch those final matches, which no one cheated in quite obviously. Absolutely THE BEST matches I've ever seen in tribes, and this was back in 2000. If anyone has those demos with the shoutcast recording, ANY tribes player would enjoy watching them. Hands down with out a question phenominal skills. Hell they were playing for 10,000 bucks haha.

There was a post on here by KineticPoet after Tribes Gala about how it was to be there, to be in the game and be with the other players and hear the crowd. It was beautiful.

Jislan said:
No.

BMF came before cows.

super teams went (in chronological order):
Western Alliance --> Imperial Elite --> S3 --> 5150

There were a lot of good teams but those are the only ones I'd consider "elite" or "super teams"

S3 was considered good?

Mael said:
I was also at Tribes Gala and got to watch those final matches, which no one cheated in quite obviously. Absolutely THE BEST matches I've ever seen in tribes, and this was back in 2000. If anyone has those demos with the shoutcast recording, ANY tribes player would enjoy watching them. Hands down with out a question phenominal skills. Hell they were playing for 10,000 bucks haha.

Tribes I remember there were IE, 5150, S3, TF, POE, I$ and Rez had quite a following. MudSloth uses one of those CueBall track balls and plays left handed. Most fucked up thing I've ever seen.
I remember watching the final match, that was the most heart-pounding shit ever.

And I still play like that. :)

Shoddy said:
There was a post on here by KineticPoet after Tribes Gala about how it was to be there, to be in the game and be with the other players and hear the crowd. It was beautiful.

LINK!!!

I remember seeing it a while back, but would love to read it again.

gigafool said:
was void even around then

Heheheheeee. Dont think so. I was with them for a very short time when T2 first rolled out then moved over to TKB.

Anywho, I must be confusing S3 with another tribe. That was waaaay back when I first started getting into tribes, its all very fuzzy.

Kelster said:
He also had that Tribes Anime on the go that never lifted off.

I hyped that shit at GameSpy...

omfg :lol:

GameSpy: When did you become interested in animation?

Colin Korbelas: Ever since I was a little kid. At the age of 9 I was exposed to a very popular series called Dragon Ball Z. I soon became a Japanese animation fan, and have watched nearly over 30 different series and studied each one carefully.

Zxqv8 said:
Where can a guy who never actually played during this time find demos of IE vs 5150? If they're the wonders people say they are, I'd like to watch them and see what I missed out on.
http://www.bold-design.net/tribes/demos/
http://www.bold-design.net/tribes/demos/demolist.txt

***********************************Tribes Gala Demos:

Nat_TG2K_IEv5150_RD.rec
Nat_TG2K_IEv5150_SB.rec
5150vsIE_SB_BombTR_081300_Gala.rec
TG2K_Fiinals_IE_v_5150_RD.rec
TG2K_Finals_IE_v_5150_DoD(2).rec
TG2K_Finals_IE_v_5150_DoD.rec
TG2K_Finals_IE_v_5150_SH(2).rec
TG2K_Finals_IE_v_5150_SH.rec
TG2K_Playoffs_S3_v_IE_DoD(2).rec
TG2K_Playoffs_S3_v_IE_DoD.rec
TG2K_Playoffs_S3_v_IE_RD.rec
TG2K_Playoffs_S3_v_IE_SB.rec
TG2K_Playoffs_S3_v_IE_SH.rec

Just pm or email me and ill send w/e.

rook said:
anyone got the link to the downloadable version that has the scripts preloaded/etc?

http://www.monkeymolestor.com/tribes/tribes.html

OR

http://nerdsauce.com/

Mael said:
LINK!!!
I remember seeing it a while back, but would love to read it again.
Don't have a link, sorry. :( I asked about it here maybe a year ago, and it sounded like TW threads of that era were not retained.

DiSk said:
:rofl: Spare me. I lost my password to my old account. Go play with your nigger martin luther king looking girlfriend, newbie.
last i knew disk is just...disk. mediocre player i knew in lt. dont see you play much anymore at all. for being so old school and good, i have no idea why you chose to act so secretive and why you hung out with the CDC crowd.

i also remember you telling me you frequently smurfed for top tier teams (im talking top 5 on the ladder) and you know all these players from way back. i just wonder why none of them have come to your defense.

Back