My life as a flashlight

Day 1- I am sealed in my brand new package and shipped to a store west of here. Oh what a joyous day it will be when I am free from this plasstic encasing shielding me from the wondows of the world.

Day 2- A man, seems to be early 40's comes into the hardware store. He asks where he can purchase a flashlight, and he picks me! Me! of all the flashlights who could have chosen, oh wonderful day, I cannot wait to start my career as a flashlight.

Day 3- I am left alone in the basement for now, but what is this? A light from the door to my room? May this be my oppurtunity? A young boy holds me in his grasp, and begins experimenting, but gets bored quickly by my shining beams of light, he uses me for a different purpose. Suddenly he raises me into the air and slams me into his own wrist repeatedly. The pain is immense! I shall never forget this day.

Day 36- Young boy has been glued to a blue computer screen for 10 days straight with injuries by means of flashlight all over his body, I begin to feel sorry for him, but I am just a flashlight without batteries, I no longer serve my purpose.

fin

bump, I'd just like to point out the dramatic irony in this segment

Day 3- I am left alone in the basement for now, but what is this? A light from the door to my room? May this be my oppurtunity? A young boy holds me in his grasp, and begins experimenting, but gets bored quickly by my shining beams of light, he uses me for a different purpose. Suddenly he raises me into the air and slams me into his own wrist repeatedly. The pain is immense! I shall never forget this day.

now obviously the reader who knows this is a parody is aware of the situation, yet he gets to experience the struggle of the flashlight, and the change of emotions, quite enthralling.

Back