Good Bye. The End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thesis said:
so i can judge someone's life as long as they post here because they are privileged and can get treatment. i win.
...and I wasn't at any time reffering to Yoda. I don't know what his deal is, but I severely doubt it warrants suicide.

And that's a pretty fucking stupid assumption. I had a computer and I was online when my family was in danger of living on the street. The computer obviously didn't come from then, and net access was a deal and discount. I was living in a house with bursting sewage pipes and asbestous everywhere because my father wouldn't pay child support. I got to eat lovely olive sandwiches some nights for dinner.
I'm sure I could have afforded to go and get good proffessional help if I needed it, right? Just because I could have accessed www.tribalwar.com had it existed back then. I was very privledged. Let me tell you.
Blanket assumptions are a bad thing to make.

*edit: And I'm going to bed now :wave:

Last edited:
Kurayami said:
And that's a pretty fucking stupid assumption. I had a computer and I was online when my family was in danger of living on the street. The computer obviously didn't come from then, and net access was a deal with the phone company. I was living in a house with bursting sewage pipes and asbestous everywhere because my father wouldn't pay child support. I got to eat lovely olive sandwiches some nights for dinner.
I'm sure I could have afforded to go and get good proffessional help if I needed it, right? Just because I could have accessed www.tribalwar.com had it existed back then. I was very privledged. Let me tell you.

yes. you were privileged. here in america, they offer free suicide services. you're not starving nor are you in danger of receiving some variant of the ebola virus. obviously you're not retarded and i'm guessing you have most if not all of your vital body functions. you're not in danger of starving to death because there are food kitchens nor are you in danger of being slaughtered by the local warlord.

Thesis said:
yes. you were privileged. here in america, they offer free suicide services. you're not starving nor are you in danger of receiving some variant of the ebola virus. obviously you're not retarded and i'm guessing you have most if not all of your vital body functions. you're not in danger of starving to death because there are food kitchens nor are you in danger of being slaughtered by the local warlord.
But that's not what you said.
You said that having a computer and being able to post on a message board automatically makes you privledged and means that you can afford counciling.

Yes, even the poorest bum on the street in this country has benefits from living here. Does that mean that they live a wonderful life? Of course not. Is it better than running though the jungle in a loincloth with AIDS? You bet, but neither is desirable.

And I'm not in the same situation now that I was then. That was about 5 years ago. After my grandmother died my mother was able to climb out of the hole my father created when he left.

This got way off topic. And goodnight.

Kurayami said:
You said that having a computer and being able to post on a message board automatically makes you privledged and means that you can afford counciling.

which is more privileged than a bum on the street who is also very privileged (free counseling services, food kitchens, etc) compared to someone who lives in a third world country.

gnite.

Last edited:
suicide.jpg

El Smack said:
Colosus: You have the IP logged. Grab it, find out what ISP it belongs too and make a few phone calls. Shitty way to spend a few hours on a saturday night, but I know I'd do it if I were in any kind of power position here.
lol

Breaking it down here, if you read the guy's original post, it's obvious he wasn't writing the "note" to us, or even his family, but to the girl who broke up with him. As most of us know, nine months isn't really that long of a time for a REAL long-term relationship to be coined as such, so this was probably his first. And, as many of us also know, the end of our first long term relationship (at least as it is perceived by that person) is extremely painful, especially if it wasn't expected. And generally, the longer the relationship, the greater the pain is to deal with. I'm guessing at the time of his original post, the breakup just happened. And, as we ALL know, we do irrational things when we're experiencing extreme highs as well as extreme lows.

So why did he post his "note" here? People who spend the majority of their time playing online games generally are recluses and/or are not socially skilled in the real world, which is a generalization I guess, but since I don't know the guy I have to make it. Thus, when the person he probably truly loves tells him its over, he doesn't have anyone to turn to except the people who he feels knows him. Most people like this do not have strong relationships with their parents, and don't have many (or even any) real friends. So he turned here. He probably did feel low enough to do it, but posted on here to stick his foot in the pool before he dove in. During the time he was reading the responses, he probably began to grow out of the extreme low he was experiencing, and decided not to do it.

"someone give local authorities this thread and have them contact his parents.
that will lead to 2 situations

A) he'll be evaluated/treated and taken care of so he doesn't commit suicide
B) teach him a lesson for trying to get attention (which it most likely was)

either way contact parents/authorites. its a win/win situation"

I agree that an admin should do some back tracking on the ISP and contact the local police and point them to this. It's obvious that he's NOT going to talk to anybody in real life about this and that he will try to work it out w/ people he's talking to online. When you threaten to end your life, you must seek REAL PROFESSIONAL help. His problems stem from identifying too much with the online world, so seeking help online is NOT doing him any good. Most people who commit suicide make a couple false threats before they actually do it. And since this guy's not going to seek real help on his own, I believe it's an admin's obligation to at least put the steps in motion to make sure that his parents are made aware of their son's mental state.

Anyway, I personally am not offended by the way people responded on here. Nobody likes an attention seeker, so it's understandable the negative response this thread got. But I don't think the people who are trying to help him are gullible. Actually, it's rather stupid to flame the people who are trying to help him. I think it's noble, even if it is for naught, that some people care about what happens to a person they don't know. Oh well.

so is he dead?

Yoda said:
I was hesitant to put this here, but since the Tribes community has been a large part of my life in the last 2 years, I went ahead.

Dear Reader,
You can look back on what I have done, what I have said, how it all ended, and blame anything you want. You can blame the music that I listen to, my past girl friends, my peers, my family, violent computer games that have suicide lines, and still wonder why it all came about. I regret ever associating with many people, and may God have mercy on their souls. I don't blame anyone for what I have done. Life just wasn't going to work out.

I ask for my family and friends forgiveness, for the pain that I have caused them. You have always stood by me and I am sorry that I didn't work out.

I ask for one person in particular's forgiveness, for wasting 9 months of their life, and for being the biggest pain in the ass possible. I ask that you forgive me for my irrational behavior, my temper flares and my rudeness. I have loved you till the end, and I don't want you to blame yourself in any way.

I have nothing of real value, but what I do have, I ask be split between my brothers, at their discretion. I want them to have what my parents spent on me and to grow with it.

Words can not express what I feel now.

To everyone who reads this,
Thomas

elenex said:
didn't read the thread but like..did this guy kill himself, did he not, or do we not know?
We don't know, and personally I don't give a fuck.

This thread is a crock of bullshit and later today Yoda is going to come back and :lol: at all our responses. Fucking attention whores.

PureIcey said:
We don't know, and personally I don't give a fuck.

This thread is a crock of bullshit and later today Yoda is going to come back and :lol: at all our responses. Fucking attention whores.

I hope his dead body is lying on your doorstep.

Uh, I feel sorry for some people on this forum. Gullible mother fuckers.

I agree with everything that Joemomma5000 said. It pains me to say. ;]

i'm pretty much with joemomma...

Offering sympathy doesn't fix the problem.

Isn't commiting suicide in itself a huge attention seeking act? Imagine fake suicide?

If he actually has to post this crap here, he's got serious issues. In any case, death is always bad, so we can't really wish it on him...

Yoda, since this was obviously an attention seeking post, and i know you'll read it, here's my advice.

Every teenager goes through this, don't be a fucking moron and actually do it. Picture your mother's face as she stands beside your casket. Picture your brothers' faces... Are you the kind of person to hurt them like that? Don't be selfish. Millions of people have it 10x worse than you, put your life into perspective. Right now, some father is raping some daughter out there. Somewhere, a child is taking their last breath because they are about to die of starvation. Somewhere, 2 kids are about to lose their parents in a car crash.

Losing your girlfriend at the precious age of 15 is hardly a problem. I lost a girlfriend when i was 16. We dated for a year. 3 days after we broke up, she started going with some other guy. Wow, that made me feel exactly how you do right now. Dude, this may sound so fucking cliche, but there are many fish in the sea. i've been with girls 10x better than her, then once you get to college, my god, its so fucking easy to meet people.

Again i will offer irc time if you want it. Phone time if you want it. Email time if you want it, just pm 'pagy' I've given advice to many friends before and i KNOW you are going to get through this and look back saying the same thing i say now.. "Man how could i be that stupid"

Pagy said:
Offering sympathy doesn't fix the problem.

Again i will offer irc time if you want it. Phone time if you want it.

where is MY irc/phone time from you? that's it, imma
ctrl-K now.
prick.

p.s... . did this kid really do this? or is it known
yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back