Attitude by Class

I really hate the rogues that are plate wearers trapped in a leather wearer's body. You know the ones. You shackle/poly/sap a mob and they run up and think their DPS = tanking ability? Half the time I let them die. I'm not about to draw aggro from everything within a 100 yd radius so they can try it again in the future. Actually alot of the rogues I've met on pickup raids are pretty cool. There's the occasional ass hat that thinks he's immune to drawing aggro. Some of it has to do with that alot have rerolled imho. Hell, two days ago we were in strat and 5 people there had rogue alts at 60. 0_o

WeNdeL said:
the bold section is me! :D

but seriously, gimmee some gripes about hunters...

How should a hunter not aggro and cause a wipe in an instance. I've done some reading already but would like your take on it.
1. Uhh remember that you are ranged DPS so stay out of melee range. ALOT of hunters fuck up here and try to melee in instances with their gimped (even after 40) armor and crap melee DPS.

2. KEEP YOUR PET ON PASSIVE UNLESS GRINDING. I found out hard and fast grouping with guildmates just how easy it is to cause a wipe by having my pet on defend and end up chasing a mob and drawing unwanted aggro. I haven't caused a wipe in about 30 levels now and in fact I've grown to be quite good at pulling aggro off priests and mages then using feign death when needed to pass aggro back to tanks. Occasionally I'll put my pet on defend if I use my ghetto AE (volley) spell for it to defend me vs any mobs that come at me and sometimes if I forget to put it back on passive it comes back to bite me in the ass when it chases a mob.

3. If a mob is running, put your pet on passive mode and use ranged weapons to kill it to avoid aggro. Mobs don't pull unwanted aggro as much as some people think, and as long as your pet is nowhere near a mob when it attracts others people can't use the cheap ass "fucking pets" excuse when a near-wipe occurs.

4. I sometimes have a misunderstanding with priests in groups as to what it means when I drop hunters mark on a mob. When I drop it I'm showing that it's the target I'm going to engage and have my pet (and often MT) tank, but in UD strath a few priests I group with alot assume the marked mob = the mob to shackle and both parties end up pissed when my DoT and/or pet unshackle said mob.

5. Do not pull (in PvE) with aimed shot. If it crits it's a bitch for a tank to get aggro off that mob and often others.

6. Turn off growl if you're attacking the same mob as the MT with your pet in an instance. Growl is often more powerful for acquiring aggro than what the tanks are doing and it's a pain in the ass sometimes for them to get that aggro back from your pet.

7. Don't toss a DoT on adds that can be sheeped and/or shackled unless positive your group can EASILY handle them. It eliminates the ability for a party member to remove a mob from the fight temporarily and can sometimes lead to a wipe.

That happened to me in BFD the other night. Had me as a warrior, a priest, a mage, a hunter and a druid. We had one wipe right at the foot of "the gauntlet" when the hunter jumped on the ledge and tried to fire down on the first group, and the mob mage saw us and promptly got two more patrols.

The second wipe was right before the boss (Kerir something?) and mostly the hunter's fault. we were engaging in mobs in the chamber, and an add showed up. It was going well and good until one of the mobs bolted. Well I couldn't hamstring him he was too far off, and I expected the hunter to snap off a concussion shot so I can run and finish it off. Well, he didn't because he was busy engaged in MELEE the whole time. Even then he didn't even consider using Wing Clip. Well we would have survived the other two adds, except for one little flaw. Apparently someone gave an order to run, and the mage and priest did so. So without healing from the priest of the mage's nuking the hunter and I were cut down, followed quickly by the hunter. By that time the priest and mage were already at the Turtle alcove and apparently weren't aware the mobs will hunt them all the way to the entrance. And they were of course cut down as well.

Last wipe happened after we killed Kerir, and I'm not sure who did what but someone triggered something and about 12 lvl 26 elite mobs showed up, all crabs, turtles, and water elementals. They just appeared from the alcoves in the chamber. At that point it was all "fuck it, we're done" spirit heal.

They should have an Instances 101 course before you do any of it.

the only two classes I like, other then my warrior, are shamans and mages and only if they are played by people i know. i haven't grouped with any other classes yet and i just reached level 34

Reggs said:
Pallys are cool because we dont have to rely on anyone. In my PvP experiences thus far iv been able to take out casters easaly, and been able to run to a safe place with no problems. The best part of being a pally is never realy dieing unless you do something stupid or are in a group of idiots. I think you meet alot of cocky pallys becuase they are often valued as the healers of a group, yet we can tank if needed(Im thinking 4-5 man group), so poeple just see us doing alot and that goes to alot of ppls heads. I cant speak for other classes becuase I dont realy group that often.

Prepare for the cold, hard reality of high level instances.

Feannag said:
Most of the druids I grouped with are pretty marginal when it comes to helping out. They're pretty much just a backup healer.

actually.... a good druid is one of the best support classes imo.

they can do a bit of everything and have good CC

anyways, after much reflection i have to conclude that priests have the nastiest attitudes in the game.

they are like the annoying blonde cheerleader in high school who knows they are hot, but doesnt really have any prospects in life beyond dating the football star.

divas...

Last edited:
ZenTseTse said:
anyways, after much reflection i have to conclude that priests have the nastiest attitudes in the game.

they are like the annoying blonde cheerleader in high school who knows they are hot, but doesnt really have any prospects in life beyond dating the football star.

divas...

:( just made a preist last and I have to say they are the most fun class I have tried of them all

Feannag said:
Most of the druids I grouped with are pretty marginal when it comes to helping out. They're pretty much just a backup healer.

we are a pretty good all around class

so far ive been a tank in bear form more than a healer

but i guess people dont have problems with druids cause we arent REALLY good at any one thing

i used to think druids were useless, but aside from not having pw:f i'd rather deal with a druid then a priest, because priests are little cocksuckers because they think they're only healers in the game and can do whatever they want

Druids are a great class that could use some slight love. However, being able to stealth through aggro to get to a raid w/o a warlock after the mobs repoped? That is fucking great.

-MT-Stealth said:
i've been leveling my lowbie warrior (lvl 18) and the only class that pisses me off is another warrior. Seems like most of them don't know what the fuck they're doing.

Prefuckingcisely. There's so many completely retarded warriors.

dementia said:

Druids are much the same way. I have already found three druids I had to "train" in how to be a good druid, simply because there's so much involved in being a druid and I think they just thought it'd be cool to be able to do a lot of things.

Most druids I see tank in cat form, never use bear form until it's too late, and sit there whacking with their staves in melee.

dementia said:

In an enviroment like WoW's. where they've sold more copies then any other MMO, the amount of retarded people has nothing to do with class.

As a warrior Hunters are the bane of my existance. Either:
1. they'll refuse/forget to turn off their pets taunt (If you're in an instance group the pet goes on passive and you MANUALLY HIT TAUNT, otherwise the pet goes away)
2. they'll refuse to make an /assist macro and will start shooting whatever they damn well please, meaning I'm running all over the damn place taunting as fast as I can to keep the mobs together and on me

I hate hunters, absolutely hate them. I can deal with rogues going full out on the DPS, I can deal with mages using their entire mana bar on one mob, taunt and sunder work wonders there, but I cannot for the life of me deal with fucking hunters! I hate when their pet taunts off of me, I hate when their pet decides to attack something that I'm not tanking, I hate them deciding it's a good idea to use volley in the middle of a multiple pull.

StreakinMe said:
As a warrior Hunters are the bane of my existance. Either:
1. they'll refuse/forget to turn off their pets taunt (If you're in an instance group the pet goes on passive and you MANUALLY HIT TAUNT, otherwise the pet goes away)
2. they'll refuse to make an /assist macro and will start shooting whatever they damn well please, meaning I'm running all over the damn place taunting as fast as I can to keep the mobs together and on me

I hate hunters, absolutely hate them. I can deal with rogues going full out on the DPS, I can deal with mages using their entire mana bar on one mob, taunt and sunder work wonders there, but I cannot for the life of me deal with fucking hunters! I hate when their pet taunts off of me, I hate when their pet decides to attack something that I'm not tanking, I hate them deciding it's a good idea to use volley in the middle of a multiple pull.

I actually had to kill Nek'rosh in the Wetlands, lvl 32 elite, and I grouped with a hunter who was doing the same thing. I flat out told him to put the pet on no taunt because I need to the aggro to work, he said okay. Well we were plugging at him and my health gets to 40%, and I tell him to order his pet to taunt. Primarily to shift aggro and keep me alive. The idiot didn't and I was screaming at him to take aggro. Well I died and he still remained alive after the kill. Not sure how it happened but he got the head and the body wasn't lootable to me.

The biggest problem with hunters is everyone makes them because they are solo champions but 99.9% of them have no idea what they fuck they are doing in groups and sure as hell don't know how to play their class. And it's eve worse considering I played Hunter a lot and I took the time to figure out how to be one.

i usually end up tanking

and faggoty warriors are like "omg dont hit the frail casters"

except i can tank just as much as him

so he runs back to save me and drags like 2 mobs with him

Back