Mage Specs: Whatcha think?

Calder

Veteran XX
Well I'm half way through level 59 ATM, and would have dinged 60 tonight had the servers been up, but I'm getting ready to respec at 60.

Right now I'm specced with part arcane to get evocation, PoM, etc. and the rest in fire. Seeing as how everything end-game is FIRE, I'm going frost. Any other mages have any feedback on this spec?

# Improved Arcane Missiles - 5/5 points
Gives you a 100% chance to avoid interruption caused by damage while channeling Arcane Missiles.

# Arcane Concentration - 5/5 points
Gives you a 10% chance of entering a Clearcasting state after any damage spell hits a target. The Clearcasting state reduces the mana cost of your next damage spell by 100%.

# Improved Arcane Explosion - 5/5 points
Reduces the casting time of your Arcane Explosion by 1.5 seconds.

# Evocation - 1/1 point
While channeling this spell, your mana regeneration is active and increased by 1500%. Lasts 8 seconds.

# Improved Counterspell - 2/2 points
Gives your Counterspell a 100% chance to silence the target for 4 seconds.

Frost Talents (33 points)

# Improved Frostbolt - 5/5 points
Reduces the casting time of your Frostbolt spell by 0.5 seconds.

# Improved Frost Nova - 2/2 points
Reduces the cooldown of your Frost Nova spell by 4 seconds.

# Ice Shards - 5/5 points
Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Frost spells by 100%.

# Winter's Chill - 3/3 points
Increases the power of your chill effects by slowing the target's movement by an additional 10%.

# Cold Snap - 1/1 point
When activated, this spell finishes the cooldown on all of your cold spells.

# Arctic Reach - 2/2 points
Increases the range of your Frostbolt spell and the radius of your Frost Nova and Cone of Cold spells by 20%.

# Shatter - 5/5 points
Increases the critical strike chance of your frost spells against frozen targets by 50%.

# Ice Block - 1/1 point
You become encased in a block of ice, protecting you from all physical attacks and spells for 10 seconds, but during that time you cannot attack, move, or cast spells.

# Improved Cone of Cold - 3/3 points
Increases the damage dealt by your Cone of Cold spell by 35%.

# Frostbite - 5/5 points
Gives your chill effects a 15% chance to freeze the target for 5 seconds.

# Ice Barrier - 1/1 point
Instantly shields you, absorbing 455 damage. Lasts 1 minute. While the shield holds, spells will not be interrupted.

Fire Talents (0 points)

# None

I was watchin a video of a frost-spec mage dueling, and he was hitting cone of cold crits for over 1000, which is hott to multiple targets :eek:

I'd put at least 1 point in Improved Blizzard to get the chill effect (so itbenefits from shatter).

Improved Blizzard + Shatter + Ice Shards = Super cold AoE of death that no one can escape from

cant be sure what you're missing from mine but i'd remove

# Winter's Chill - 3/3 points
Increases the power of your chill effects by slowing the target's movement by an additional 10%.

honestly anyone that cant dispell slow effects wont really see a difference in 10% slower on reaching you. Add it to +damage or something talent. (hell it doesnt even work on raid bosses)

(I just whent from fire/arc to frost/arc myself because of what fire resist from core/onyxia is doing to fire mages who fight people in it heh)

Back