Staying? Going? Back to Something else? by Shopper47 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Star Wars: The Old Republic
Reload this Page Staying? Going? Back to Something else?
Page 1 of 2
Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
1 - 02-17-2012, 12:27
I'm a little burnt on SWTOR and I haven't even made it to 50. I think the big issue is that it's so incredibly linear and nothing ever changes. I have the same saber and entire outfit I've had since... lvl 11? I use basically the same skills and nothing seems to make a fun/noticeable difference. Plus all I do is go kill and endless stream of human dudes. Over and over again. When I landed on Balmorra I was like "OMG monsters finally" but nope, 10 minutes later back to just killing more dudes. I mean we're travelling across planets and strangely they are almost entirely populated by humanoids.

I will probably keep this going another month or two, Nevernude the Chiss Bounty Hunter has been fun as an alt (main is a Human Shadow), but it is missing the shiny loot draw, the upgrading your dude draw and the killing cool **** draw that WoW at least had. The game just feels empty. It is hard to get a good flashpoint going, I am sick to death of the 3 PVP arenas and world PVP doesn't seem to exist.

I want to try Ilum though, see what it's like at 50 and then make my final call. I've even been a bit curious/nostalgic about WoW but probably will just go back to PS3 until MoP comes out. I dunno I'm looking for others' opinions.

Sponsored Links
AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
2 - 02-17-2012, 12:29
Almost done with the game. Doing PvP dailies on main and PvPing on 3 Alts at the moment at one time.

The game has been busted too many times in a row. Ilum is a joke. Warzone wins not counting is a joke. Warzone exploits, warzone bugs. Too many players in a Warzone. Even the supposedly "fair" PvP is unbalanced with bugs. It's a joke. Oh but let's fix FROZEN SHOCK WATER. Meanwhile, I'm playing against 11 imperials every night.

Like Mountaindewmike says, this is completely Bush League and I would have left already if it wasn't Star Wars.

Diablo 3.
Will try GW2.
Really want to play something like CS:GO.

-Masqu3-
VeteranX
Old
3 - 02-17-2012, 13:18
Been playing LoL and Xbox... only touch SWTOR for raiding, and we hardly do those these days.

Yes, CS:GO looks good to me

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4 - 02-17-2012, 13:32
I quit like 2 weeks ago. Just been playing T:A and waiting for more Tera betas.

AlphaNeo
VeteranXX
Old
5 - 02-17-2012, 13:57
Quit this week. Playing some lol and ta, waiting on D2 and GW2 also. Man GW2 sounds good.

Santa
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 02-17-2012, 19:47
If they made it so companions could tank/heal an instance, then it would be more playable. Not as good as a player, but somewhat close. at 50 there is nothing to do really but spam general chat. i made alts, but unsubbed.

ferret
VeteranXX
Old
7 - 02-17-2012, 20:02
I still enjoy the game and plan on playing for a few more months probably. These days I am not a full time gamer so once I am burnt out I will probably sign up for my next Ironman and train, which is kinda like real life grinding...

That being said, I only pvp and I do not care for much of the pvp dynamics, specifically Ilum. Armament farming is a joke, and kill trading is a joke. We kill trade 50 guys for every 10 pubs and dont understand why every pub is a War Hero. Imps are so scared of republic if someone gets jumped in Ilum, people will run away. When Voidstar or CW come up half the group quits.

Still, I enjoy warzones and actually fighting people, I just am starting to resent the 'commmunity'.

zeph
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 02-17-2012, 20:13
The latest WoW killer is losing steam?? UNPOSSIBRU!!

Blotter
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
9 - 02-17-2012, 20:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdreNaLiNe View Post
Almost done with the game. Doing PvP dailies on main and PvPing on 3 Alts at the moment at one time.

The game has been busted too many times in a row. Ilum is a joke. Warzone wins not counting is a joke. Warzone exploits, warzone bugs. Too many players in a Warzone. Even the supposedly "fair" PvP is unbalanced with bugs. It's a joke. Oh but let's fix FROZEN SHOCK WATER. Meanwhile, I'm playing against 11 imperials every night.

Like Mountaindewmike says, this is completely Bush League and I would have left already if it wasn't Star Wars.

Diablo 3.
Will try GW2.
Really want to play something like CS:GO.
:|

play T:A

suck it up

MountainDewMike
VeteranX
Old
10 - 02-17-2012, 20:34
I still find some enjoyment in doing 10 - 49 PvP with friends but that's more because I enjoy gaming with them/shooting the **** on vent than because I enjoy the actual game itself. I've had all day to play today and couldn't bring myself to login for more than 45 minutes or so.

I never expected this to be a WoW killer but I am disappointed with the game, for sure.

MountainDewMike
VeteranX
Old
11 - 02-17-2012, 20:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blotter View Post
:|

play T:A

suck it up
I haven't played in over a month. I think I shall take your advice.

Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
12 - 02-17-2012, 20:49
I quit. The game does nothing new and has nothing positive going for it unless you REALLY love stories. I'd say that Rift is a much better option right now. I'm checking out the Tera beta weekends and playing other random **** until GW2 and D3 come out. Tera is pretty promising and depending on how pvp is implemented, it could turn out to be awesome.

G-Force
VeteranXX
Old
13 - 02-17-2012, 20:50
left about 3 weeks ago

game is empty

playing T:A and Diablo 3 beta (just got that 2 weeks ago, finally)

I had hopes for swtor, only played it as long as i did because it's star wars.

Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
14 - 02-17-2012, 21:03
So pissed they nerfed frozen shock water

Excel
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
15 - 02-17-2012, 21:44
Staying. Im not affected by the problems with PVP, and I only seem to be able to game a few hours on weekends these days so I'm not exactly sick of it.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
16 - 02-17-2012, 22:02
Still having a ton of fun here.

Lord Elessar
or something³
Contributor
Old
17 - 02-17-2012, 22:22
SWG was a better game. Sick of this. Quit a couple of weeks ago.

I do like what I'm hearing about GW2. Reminds me of DAoC. I'd almost play DAoC again if there was any kind of population.

Brontez
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
18 - 02-17-2012, 22:36
Staying, still having a blast and have been leveling 5 chars. I just switch to an alt every so often to keep things interesting.

Sir-Ex
Veteran
Old
19 - 02-18-2012, 11:41
I'm still playing.

I don't really care about.. uh.. competitive play in this sort of game. I never got huge into WoW.. guess I don't care as much and have lower standards for this kind of ****.

Gouge
VeteranXX
Old
20 - 02-18-2012, 13:58
Staying, i love wrecking people with my Sniper and hearing them so pissed off.

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Star Wars: The Old Republic
Reload this Page Staying? Going? Back to Something else?

Social Website Bullshit