Best freeware programs?

hey, what are some good screensavers? I've been looking for a good one for A LOONNGGG time.

One's I know about are helios, giess, milkdrop etc. Any nonstandard ones?

http://cmbsoftware.com/pongscreensaver.htm

pongsaver_logo.jpg

Folder Size Shell Extension, Sort of like Scanner that was mentioned earlier, it ads a shell extension tab to your MY COMPUTER > PROPERTIES that breaks down your HD's by folder, showing size. I really like this one, incredibly easy to read and shit.
15304f.jpg

Change Of Address 2 Tracks down every reference to every file on your system, and reports moves and name changes to the system. This is essential if you do any file moving around at all.

FindOrphans does just that, searches out and allows you to remove orphaned files on your system. You really wouldn't believe how much disk space you can recover here.

Net Per Second is a tiny and accurate little speedometer for your internet connection. Works like a champ, and uses nearly no system resources.

RegEdit Plus, Registry Detective, and Registry Robot are three awesome utilities for easy registry management and searching.

Unclean 2 is a real improvement over the native Windows Add/Remove utility.

Sal T. Nutz said:
Download Accelerator Plus.

And if you have never used it, and think you know what it is, you are wrong. It's not one of those "Speed up your internet" crap apps. It actually opens up to 7 different sessions to the same file, and as long as the host has the bandwidth, it will make any download come down at your Maximum bandwith everytime. Many hosts limit their bandwidth to 30k per session, so that someone with a fast connection doesn't hog all of thier bandwidth in 1 session. Well, this app will open up 7 different ones, getting 30k x7 as long as you have that much bandwidth.

I tried DAP get right,Go zilla and all that stuff butDownload Mage is the best...You chose the number of times you want to connect to a server.

aida32

AIDA32 is a professional system information, diagnostics and benchmarking program running on Win32 platforms. It extracts details of all components of the PC. It can display information on the screen, print it, or save it to file in various formats like HTML, CSV or XML. For corporate users, AIDA32 offers command-line switches, network audit and audit statistics, remote system information and network management.

Starting with version 3.00, AIDA32 is released in 3 different variants. Please read the product matrix below to find out what are the advantages of each variants.

full hardware & software information on 80 pages
built-in hardware database: detailed information about 21000 components
phyisical information for CPU, motherboard, hard disk, optical drive
motherboard chipset, buses, sensor information
installed programs, event logs list
diagnostics module to reveal possible problems
memory benchmark
automatic audit via command-line switches
ADO/ODBC database support
remote control through TCP/IP network
32-bit low-level hardware detection
multi-threaded program model
full Windows XP compatibility
Iomega Active Disk support
English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Danish language module
Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian language module
Norwegian, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish language module
Catalan, Portuguese, Slovak, Ukrainian language module (coming soon)

MIME decoder - For those that use GrabIt. If you download a file which is supposed to be a binary, but it comes as a text ile, use this program to convert it to the proper binary.

Ghostzilla

Ghostzilla is a browser for surfing the Web when you don't want anyone to physically see what you are doing. It renders Web pages to look indistinguishable from your work screen. You make it disappear instantly with one move of your hand and bring it back with another. Ghostzilla can show Web pages discreetly within literally any application you work with.

Interesting......

SmartFTP -- It's super fast, easy, free, no splash screen, super easy interface. I was having some problems with FTP programs hanging, taking forever, etc. This solved all that; also lets you limit in/out BW if you want. Auto-saves FTP sites and info.

Textpad -- Very powerful tool for coders. Highlighting of course.. you can even plugin a Compiler and have it compile/test for you (but I've never gone this far). Has a splash screen, but I cracked it out :\ Otherwise, it's very fast, and obvious interface.

Sourceforge -- Go browsing through this site, find all sorts of neat stuff :)

A)I am looking for a beautiful and graphically awe-inspiring screensaver
B) A sweet windows mod or skin program

Back