Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page PU night changes
Page 6 of 9
Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
101 - 05-27-2017, 15:02
That's not what I'm saying at all. What I meant by that is what I've seen so far. There are plenty of players who don't want to play pugs because they don't want to learn a new game in that in environment. But the pugs are a perfect place for vets to learn the game quickly. And then there are the players who believe they are above the level of the pugs and don't play. Plus I've read many comments from people on the outside who dislike that people have a head start on everyone else.

All of this nonsense is silly to me. The game is very easy to pick up and play coming from T1.

Sponsored Links
groove
VeteranXX
Old
102 - 05-27-2017, 17:10
im trying to find a way to phrase this without typing 9000 words about learning and human psychology and game theories and how subjective the experience of 'fun' is but idk if im capable of that

if you were learning to play basketball, would you walk up and down your driveway learning to dribble first

or would you play a game vs the Harlem Globetrotters

like, the Globetrotters aren't an NBA team, its not a 'serious game' and im sure The Generals had fun too, even though they went 6/13000 or something

but i doubt thats the way that anyone wants to learn how to play basketball

maybe that reference is too old

you understand how like, i would probably rather duel shift right now, than duel you? that if i dueled shift, i'd at least have an opportunity to learn how to aim properly than if i dueled you and each duel lasted 4 seconds?

like, yes, if i duel you i'd see much more advanced stuff that i wouldn't learn from him, and of course i'd want to duel you eventually to get to that level

but if i dueled you i'd spend 98% of my time respawning

just like i probably wouldn't have very much fun or learn very fast if i tried to learn how to dribble a basketball playing 1v1 against Meadowlark Lemon

(ok yea that reference was definitely too obscure)
(RIP Meadowlark)

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
103 - 05-27-2017, 17:32
But you already know how to play tribes. This isn't your first tribes game. So you're not learning something entirely different. I'm an exception in Midair. The average player is still figuring out LT. The game isn't loaded with super storks, it's more like have fun freds with a few tryhards here and there.

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
104 - 05-27-2017, 17:57
Remember when we had to schedule a time to play tribes vengeance/assend? Me neither. Probably more people have Alpha level access for Midair than there were at the closed beta level for either vengrance or assend.

groove
VeteranXX
Old
105 - 05-27-2017, 18:25
idk maybe u just cant wrap ur head around it, i dont really think you're a typical gamer anyways, as you said.

Last edited by groove; 05-27-2017 at 18:33..
jjwtay
VeteranXV
Old
106 - 05-27-2017, 18:55
Hey u 2 gaymo's how about you two just hold hands and shut up while the only one of importance gets a little help here k.

Anyways so got it setup on ubuntu 16.04(thx Odio) and other than mouse sens being harder to zero in on than i'm use to(way more sens on unbuntu apparently) I'm getting some weird horizontal flickering i guess is the best way to describe it. Maybe also some fps loss but hard to tell with the horizontal lines. Any ideas or is this going to be some vsync thing again?

Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
107 - 05-27-2017, 19:43
Sounds like it isnt my problem...

groove
VeteranXX
Old
108 - 05-28-2017, 04:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing-Stork View Post
But you already know how to play tribes. This isn't your first tribes game. So you're not learning something entirely different. I'm an exception in Midair. The average player is still figuring out LT. The game isn't loaded with super storks, it's more like have fun freds with a few tryhards here and there.
even if all you did was change the weight of a basketball i'd still want a little time to adjust before i joined a neighborhood pickup

i'm not saying you guys are unwelcoming to new players or elitist, i just want an hour or two of dueling to get the feel of the many differences

im a weirdo so maybe its just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwtay View Post
Hey u 2 gaymo's how about you two just hold hands and shut up while the only one of importance gets a little help here k.

Anyways so got it setup on ubuntu 16.04(thx Odio) and other than mouse sens being harder to zero in on than i'm use to(way more sens on unbuntu apparently) I'm getting some weird horizontal flickering i guess is the best way to describe it. Maybe also some fps loss but hard to tell with the horizontal lines. Any ideas or is this going to be some vsync thing again?
not sure how tribes under ubuntu works, i assume its under WINE or whatever but yeah it could be a sync issue of some sort

if its a scriptGL config it could be that too? certain drivers seem to give an odd scriptgl flickering

The One and Only
Veteran++
Old
109 - 05-28-2017, 14:21
PUs 2night. Try to get there at 8pm central... I might only be able to play a couple - couple buddies coming over to drink. So we might make it a drinking game for a bit lol

Milk-Man
VeteranXX
Old
110 - 05-28-2017, 15:33
wtfz i dload midair again and the only people playing are in the UK and are having a pu

gay

Lyon
VeteranXV
Old
111 - 05-28-2017, 18:17
there are no midair pubs anymore. go sign up for a PU in the official midair pick up channel. everyone gets to play eventually.

Milk-Man
VeteranXX
Old
112 - 05-28-2017, 21:12
Sounds like the game is really taking off

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
113 - 05-28-2017, 23:20
hey man if ur too poor to pay $70 for a game u have to sign up to maybe play then I can't help u

wtf is ur problem

The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
114 - 05-29-2017, 13:21
there are no midair pubs? yikes

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
115 - 05-29-2017, 13:45
There are, if you show up at the scheduled time. There's an alert on steam to let you know it is an official pubbing night. It's only like once a week though, so the alert isn't very nagging.

DC.
VeteranXV
Old
116 - 05-29-2017, 16:59
do you think there will be a bigger community once the game is open beta or what not??? i should be able to go on at any time during the day and be able to play in a full pub. what is ur thought odio??

have they tried messing with things like projectile speeds to see how that plays out?? videos seem pretty similar as they did 6 months ago for the weapons

they gotta remove those explode on contact nades!

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
117 - 05-29-2017, 17:37
Midair is a game for 10 people.

DC.
VeteranXV
Old
118 - 05-29-2017, 18:15
u mean to say its all LT now and no base ctf?? wat about arena???

TypicallyTerrible
Veteran++
Old
119 - 05-29-2017, 20:14
Projectile speeds haven't been touched since Instant Access afaik, which was a year ago. I believe they tried speeds similar to T1 (discs at least), and apparently it didn't feel very good. Likely because players are moving faster.

fyr
Veteran³
Old
120 - 05-30-2017, 10:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwtay View Post

Mouse drivers are just **** on linux. I don't think it's been improved in wayland because it's still all the same backend (libinput). This is coming from a linux enthusiast - linux is **** for gaming.

Page 6 of 9

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page PU night changes

Social Website Bullshit