This is how to make the smartcar sell.

I love all these new cars coming out say "WOW LOOK AT THIS AMAZING HIGHWAY MPG OF 24!"

My Pontiac GTP that has the 3800 engine in it can get up to (and maybe past) 32MPG on the highway. That engine is producing over 240 BHP and is super charged.

So I have to ask, why are all these new cars getting such shitty gas mileage? Has everyone forgot about the mid 80s - early 2000s cars that easily got into the mid 20s and high 30s for a mpg?

"The biggest factor is MPG is not what you drive, its how you drive it" - Jeremy Clarkson .. or something like that

I love all these new cars coming out say "WOW LOOK AT THIS AMAZING HIGHWAY MPG OF 24!"

My Pontiac GTP that has the 3800 engine in it can get up to (and maybe past) 32MPG on the highway. That engine is producing over 240 BHP and is super charged.

So I have to ask, why are all these new cars getting such shitty gas mileage? Has everyone forgot about the mid 80s - early 2000s cars that easily got into the mid 20s and high 30s for a mpg?

"The biggest factor is MPG is not what you drive, its how you drive it" - Jeremy Clarkson .. or something like that

Short answer? Weight
Long answer? To meet the new safety standards every manufacturer has to add significant weight to the vehicle. There is no way the 1800lb Honda Civic CRX would meet the stringent crash testing of today's automobiles.

Btw, when I had my GTO, I would get ~30mpg on the freeway no problems, but around town I'd get 13mpg.

yeah im looking for a 90s civic cx, i used to take one to long beach and back on like half a tank.

Back