POLL - do u think opsayo ever goin 2 come back 2 play w us

is opayso ever goin 2 come back to tribe 1

• Total voters
###

Archetype Studios | Developers of Project Z
The World of FPSZ Games

lastly and probably most importantly i want to say, whether or not you like the people working on project z or if you agree or not with their vision of the game or if you think i'm a huge faggot that should die as soon as possible - if you really want tribes to stay alive (or even if you're at that stage where you struggle to find new games to play), you should support that project. they're talented, motivated, and organized - they're the best chance we have at ever coming back under a single title again. we're getting older too, so our e-sport careers of studying and analyzing metagames and honing our mechanics are likely coming to an end.

give your feedback, share your opinions, show interest, show excitement, they'll listen - fire and i know, we met them in person at pax and they're all genuinely passionate and love the game. i might have been the only t1 player there, and mabel was literally over my shoulder asking me constantly what i thought and if i was happy, and he grilled me about the skiing nuances. upward normals going uphills and air strafe control, projectile speeds across the tribes titles, the pros and cons of t1 vs t2-like skiing, the intricate nuances of the physics (friction, speed and directional boosts) right after the player touches the ground, to make dodging ground shots easier, etc. - literally as nerdy and technically as i could likely understand. these people REALLY CARE (and know what they're doing).

it takes nothing for you to follow them on facebook, on twitter, their blog, on reddit. the people at archetype studios aren't invisible stone internet personalities hiding behind screennames and a faceless thousand person publisher. these are real people like you and me, with real ups and downs, setbacks, bad days, frustrations, ruts, self-questioning, and they're working thanklessly hard. it doesn't feel good if people tear into their work for no reason but simply because its easier to - think seriously about why you'll tear into someone else's work when it's honestly something you want to succeed too. it is so exponentially more difficult to create something and build something to please others, especially as the internet gets more and more interconnected and everyone has an unsilenceable voice.

where will you be if project z fails? are you really going to be happier telling people "i told you so"? don't let a negative minority drown out the silent and supportive majority. be vocal, enthusiastic, supportive - it costs you nothing. make reddit smurf accounts if you're so embarrassed, but do something. you actually have the ability to make people happy with your posts and potentially influence your tribes future - why wouldn't you at least try?. people have legitimately invested huge amounts of time and money to make the project a reality.

most of us can't contribute monetarily (in any significant amount) or with game development talent, but passionate interest can fuel their team when motivation wanes working on a project with no public releases and harsh criticisms of a game that hasn't even been played yet. for all we know your positive energy might be what it takes to get their team through a bad week or is the difference between them cutting corners on a feature or implementing it as elegantly and future-proofed as possible. it could be the difference between carving or disc jumping feeling a little off or "just right". making a game of any decent scale isn't a sprint, it's a really long marathon that never has an end but still manages to have deadlines in an extremely competitive market with users with very high standards.

i think it needs to be understood that tribes 1 is not only a minority but an extreme minority of the tribes player base. we have to accept that there have been several tribes titles with their own communities and histories and competition that happened in the last 15 years long after t1, and it's living in the past to pretend like our history or our opinions count as more significant.

remember, at this point of its life, this is what tribes should be like:
ops_and_fire.png

this is probably as real of a post that you'll ever get out of me

Project Z (which now has a real title) is trucking along and we are expanding and growing the team so that we can get more done and be able to show off more much sooner. Like Opsayo said, we read everything that you guys post on Reddit and we take all of your feedback seriously.

ty & gg opsayo

Project Z (which now has a real title) is trucking along and we are expanding and growing the team so that we can get more done and be able to show off more much sooner. Like Opsayo said, we read everything that you guys post on Reddit and we take all of your feedback seriously.

ty & gg opsayo

good to hear. what is the real title?

ya i do not want to support a game by being "vocal enthusiastic and supportive" when it's being built to be a clone of a tribes 2 mod that only a few people played and i never enjoyed

opsayo is dead wrong about tribes 1 players being a minority out of the tribes games but whats more sad/clueless is him encouraging positive and monetary support for the game regardless while also encouraging people not to think critically of that support

that's like the epitome of group think/circle jerk weirdo shit

"o dont agree with this subject? well support it anyway and send it money! don't disagree argue or ask questions though."

Last edited:
i've come to accept the fact that we're never gonna get T1 on an updated engine, every dev is gonna want to add their own mojo to the game it's just whether we'll like that mojo when the game comes out

we could shit all over every FPS_Z style game because its not t1 but that would discourage people from making games we might like

we love tribes, but we gotta remember its still a niche game that the vast majority of people won't play and won't be able to get over the high learning curve

any dev is going to try to add 'mass appeal' stuff to gain popularity

no one's gonna write that perfect tribes game that only 30 of us will stick around to play

all we can hope for is something close where we can ski and midair people in the face

(imo)

i refuse to participate in ego stroking of some new aspiring sperg game devs looking for glory and praise of their self proclaimed genius ability to gamble with reinventing the wheel that wasn't broken in the first place for the 10th time

and if this game series really is going to be skewered yet again with this type of unscientific wishful thinking i'm going to take pleasure in fucking with it and the people that support it

and if they happen to get lucky while gambling the same way the last 10 community and corporate sequels have been gambled with then that's great i'll play it. but asking for blind support without critical thought becuz "omg tribez!!!" is pathetic fan boism at its highest sperg levels

i've come to accept the fact that we're never gonna get T1 on an updated engine, every dev is gonna want to add their own mojo to the game it's just whether we'll like that mojo when the game comes out

we could shit all over every FPS_Z style game because its not t1 but that would discourage people from making games we might like

we love tribes, but we gotta remember its still a niche game that the vast majority of people won't play and won't be able to get over the high learning curve

any dev is going to try to add 'mass appeal' stuff to gain popularity

no one's gonna write that perfect tribes game that only 30 of us will stick around to play

all we can hope for is something close where we can ski and midair people in the face

(imo)
Mostly agreed. Just get the fucking physics right please (they won't). And the disc speed.

I can't fully support something until I've seen how it plays. They could show footage of two bricks shooting rectangle projectiles at each other while skiing on solid colored terrains and then I would have something to say. The art/models means nothing to me.

I'm not looking forward to the future discussions featuring the ta and t2 fan boys. I realize I am a t1 fan boy, but if it was me, I wouldn't design the game to be a clone of t1 anyways. Similiar physics is what I'd shoot for. Doesn't have to be exact as long as it allows fun movements and such. T2 is on rails and ta feels like you're on a treadmill..you are stationary but the terrain is moving.

tribes at it's heart is fun physics, jetpacks and skiing, disc, grenade, chain, mortar, plasma, balanced sniper. You don't need the gimmicks. You don't need vehicles or funky packs like cloak pack in t2. Missile launchers have no room in tribes. But there are so many people that will tell you otherwise and most of them don't understand the game to it's full extent. If you design a game based on their opinion, you will truly end up with a niche game that only a few % of people will enjoy. Then they will get bored and stop playing. That's been a major problem with the tribes series that people don't understand.

Back