News: Tribes: Vengeance Skinning Contest

Is this a US resident ONLY THING>>? i really hate those :p

I'm in canada, i hope i can enter.. i'm surprised no one have actually 100% reskin the whole thing yet..

gemini_cg said:
Is this a US resident ONLY THING>>? i really hate those :p

I'm in canada, i hope i can enter.. i'm surprised no one have actually 100% reskin the whole thing yet..
Open to all. Feel free to submit and we do have a few finished skins, they just weren't posted in the thread. They were submitted.

awww darn.. i wish there was some kinda 'entry' viewer. so we know who we are up against ;)

We're probably up against professional skinners that want a free vid card. So forget the contest and just skin for fun (but still submit if you make one)

i making one just to learn how to do it.
It's alot harder than i thought. I really need a tablet :)

anyone want to trade a wacome 6x9 tablet for a 35mm camera setup? ;)
prolly not, but it was worth a shot.

Uncle Silas said:
5) No winners might be chosen.
?
Since the winner will go into the game, we just want to be sure that we're not forced to put ass in. I think (but won't guarantee since I'm not in legal) that we'll select a winner to get whatever the prize is, but not for inclusion in the game.

Visuals said:
This really sounds like a recolor contest considering all the alternate skins are just more or less recolors of the originals. If I understand it correctly you could make a bad ass original phoenix skin but if it doesnt look like their skin then it wont have a good chance at winning.
I disagree. We have a nearly all black "ninja" skin for the BE, a cammo skin for Phoenix, the mostly white with blue touches version of the Imperial Medium. What you should think of is "Why would they have an alternative skin?" Here are some potential reasons, I'm sure others can think of better reasons:

1. Formal Dress Armor
  2. The "Phoenix Guard"
  3. Airborne / Pilot corps
  4. Alternative Religious Zealots armor
  5. etc

Thrax Panda said:
I disagree. We have a nearly all black "ninja" skin for the BE, a cammo skin for Phoenix, the mostly white with blue touches version of the Imperial Medium. What you should think of is "Why would they have an alternative skin?" Here are some potential reasons, I'm sure others can think of better reasons:

1. Formal Dress Armor
  2. The "Phoenix Guard"
  5. etc

also they could be used for offense/defense in wars :)

Ben Reed said:
The Blood Eagle light female makes my pants feel funny. I'd much rather skin her than that dorky Phoenix medium male.
Hmm...I don't think the model for the phoenix is that bad, I think all it needs are some flames on the leg armor to make it look cool.

Thrax Panda said:

1. Formal Dress Armor
  2. The "Phoenix Guard"
  5. etc

I just restarted and have been going with the Formal Dress Armor. Inspired by the book "Armour" Which had some pretty vivid descriptions of the royal battle armor and samurai guard. It also gives me an excuse for not having all that detailing... dress armor would be clean and polished,
prototype.jpg

Last edited:
such a slow process, i doubt ill finish w/ me working 5 days a week now, no normal mapping because i cant do it right, also no real texture on the armor just flat because i cant get a good worn look

slow.jpg

Last edited:
Question:

Does our skins have to have 'yellow' as the primary color? since i assume u dont wanna deviate to other colors since they're other teams colors...
but then, the examples of some alternate skins doesnt have say 'blue' as the major color for imperials

right now, my main color is 'golden' sort of

Last edited:
Back