T:V - Where is the "bold and innovative?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rabid Poop said:
says the man who hasn't even been registered a month.

He's got a valid point if not a little exagerated (I wouldn't say every other week the issue comes up, but people are always more than willing to talk about it). At this stage no mannor of petitioning will force the inclusion of a hook, and if it's already in development we're just wasting our breath.

Why don't you people who keep calling for a hook start working
on a mod for it (ie. instead of just adding a hook to CTF, do something innnovative with the entire concept).

Otherwise STFD and STFU.

Sir Lucius said:
He's got a valid point if not a little exagerated (I wouldn't say every other week the issue comes up, but people are always more than willing to talk about it). At this stage no mannor of petitioning will force the inclusion of a hook, and if it's already in development we're just wasting our breath.

I know, I just find it kind of ironic that Rigel is ordering ixiterra what to do when he'd get flamed to a pulp in general discussion.

No grappling hook I'm okay with, not sure it would work efficiently anyway, but I can't wait to see the announced features in jan/feb.

Rabid Poop said:
I know, I just find it kind of ironic that Rigel is ordering ixiterra what to do when he'd get flamed to a pulp in general discussion.
Well rabid poop, outside of Tribalwar dot com general discussion most people dont care about how long you have been registered for said forum.

WeNdeL said:
i thought the grappling hook was a completely stupid idea...

How much fun would it be as a capper getting yanked by 2-3 LD as you're about to grab?

It's about as fun as getting MD'd by 2-3 LD. YAY!

Kindly replace fun with gay and there you have it!

im not quite as against it but i was worried about the rammifications of it's addition.. i really dont think that the grappling hook is a good idea... for too many reasons to list

Originally Posted by Zoolooman
But Lucius, part of Tribes's greatest balancing features is the predictability of inertia. When you move fast, you lose the capability to maneuver out of the way. The grappling hook as a redirecting force counters one of the central mechanics of the jetpack movements: predictability.

That is exactly how I feel about the Hook.

Rabid Poop said:

Look Rabid, I wasn't ordering anyone anyone, I was simply saying that theres no sense in beating a dead horse. The issue comes up so freaking often that its annoying. Your right, I haven't been around long and I'm already sick of the idea! Plus, I even thought it was intresting (to say the least), so its not that I'm biased to those who just don't want the Hook implemented. Its just really annoying, especially to see the slight implication that T:V wasn't going to be "innovative" if the hook wasn't included. I know thats not what Flatscan ment, but the implication is there and we all know thats heresy.

So yeah, I'm a member, and I seem content with a forced sub-existence, but that doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion.

fixed the quote

Last edited by a moderator:
Its always amusing to watch people mouth off when there aren't perceived to be any consequences. This issue aside...

The point of my post is not that T:V will fail if the grapple isn't included. While T:V could be a commercial success if it doesn't fundamentally innovate (e.g. due to SP campaign-related sales, existing installed base of freaks like us who will buy it no matter what), T:V will fail to exhibit longevity (which matters for the game after T:V) if it fails to push Tribes in fundamentally new directions.

Thrax has said that big things are in store and I believe him.

While I'm hugely bummed that the grapple won't be included (would add a VERY cool dimension to my position), the success of T:V doesn't depend specifically on its addition. It DOES depend on the degree to which things like the grapple are included.

I'm very interested to see what those innovations will be =).

Thrax Panda said:
Please keep "General" comments in the "General" section.

"lol" what I "said" was "tame" and "totally called for"

besides there are going to be lots of people with the "If you don't do it my way I'll take my ball and go home"

Jesus, you vets are amazing.

Please explain to me what is so special about this little tag next to your names. Does it do something I haven't yet realized? Oh, I get it, it allows you to respond to a very noteworthy post made by a 'member', that you wouldn't normally be able to respond to.

Good for you, you've wasted the last 2 or 3 years of your life addicted to a gaming forum that speaks very little about games or even Tribes for that matter. Yay!

x66 said:
Jesus, you vets are amazing.

Please explain to me what is so special about this little tag next to your names. Does it do something I haven't yet realized? Oh, I get it, it allows you to respond to a very noteworthy post made by a 'member', that you wouldn't normally be able to respond to.

Good for you, you've wasted the last 2 or 3 years of your life addicted to a gaming forum that speaks very little about games or even Tribes for that matter. Yay!

In case your silly ass hadn't noticed, in this and the other thread, Rigel was the one who brought it up. Perhaps you should actually pay attention instead of assuming.

To be frank I think a grappling hook would be complete crap, I think it would change the gameplay far to much.

Assuming what? Brought what up? If you're going to post a retort-thread, at least verify what you're talking about.

What makes me laugh is you honestly think this is only pertinent to this thread alone. You've been around, you know this happens on a consistent basis to almost every 'member' with a concious to reply to assholes such as yourself.

x66 said:
Assuming what? Brought what up? If you're going to post a retort-thread, at least verify what you're talking about.

What makes me laugh is you honestly think this is only pertinent to this thread alone. You've been around, you know this happens on a consistent basis to almost every 'member' with a concious to reply to assholes such as yourself.
At what point did I flame him for being a member? Rabid was the one who pounced on that subject, and he probably wouldn't have either if Rigel hadn't started with the whole "for a vet" thing. Quite a bit less "fucking member" type stuff goes on in TT, and I respect the fact that the admins want it that way.

And as far as assuming/brought up, you are obviously responding to the train of posts in this thread. Or were you just making a pointless, irrelevant post just for the hell of it? And my point was that it hadn't started until Rigel decided to pipe in and make it an issue, so I don't see how you can be bitching out the vets.

So you're suggesting I go start a new thread? Or should I just post a generalized statement in a thread that would seem well fitting for it?

Okay, where's the part about me saying you flamed him? I'm calling you an asshole. If you read the comment and assume otherwise, maybe there's a reason for that?

x66 said:
So you're suggesting I go start a new thread? Or should I just post a generalized statement in a thread that would seem well fitting for it?

Okay, where's the part about me saying you flamed him? I'm calling you an asshole. If you read the comment and assume otherwise, maybe there's a reason for that?
Yeah, the reason is your post makes no fucking sense. If you want to bitch out vets for bitching out members just because they're members, yeah make your peace in a thread where that actually occurs, or make a topic in GD. Otherwise, it's completely off-topic and unfounded in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back