Match Statistics

S

Spigz

Although there are some rudimentary statistics scripts out there for T2, I would like a better system built into T:V. As a tribe leader I always run Yogi stats after each match to see where we were outplayed on a particular map, or roles that did very well, etc.

Having some method of outputting the stuff that Yogi stats has, plus more information if possible such as equipment killed, and weapon hit percentages and so on would be superb - whether web output or a tab delimited text file that can be put into a spreadsheet. 8)

Yogi has one that tracks equipment kills as well, but yes I would like to see some more in-depth stats for T:V.

ngStats was pretty nice. Had a record of my couple hundred or so matches I played of CTF or DM against the computer. The UT computer really sucked at CTF though. And everytime I played online I got owned like nobody's business.

yes, i was just gonna point to the ut2k3 stats system.

it's robust and sexy.

add to that the upcoming ability to do SERVER SIDE recordings (i.e. record a whole match and then be able to replay it from any player POV), you've got the makings for some realyl friggin cool features.

rumor has it some other video output options might be coming

*cough*

wouldnt mind seeing avi or mpg output integrated up front :D

Leonidas Tzu said:
No you don't :p.
It worked the first week the game was out then backed up wasn't caught up until just recently.

I think the best online stat tracker was ngstats for UT. It had everything and was always up to date almost to the minute.

i think that was because they were doing a complete overhaul.

no reason that sierra couldnt support thta properly up front, based on epic's experience :D

right sierra?

for the lazy people. Taken from the above link I posted

Idea is that we could use that a master server for links to a huge database. The servers data, such as Duel stats, 1v1 stats, game stats, IP logs, records, all of the good stuff gets uploaded to one main server. Where it can have a data base of everyone who plays Final shifter…a overall skill rating, and etc. Such things it could keep is IPs from every final shifter mod, Best records of each map, such as the fastest cap, and the fastest game. Also it could host duel and 1v1 stats, where you can see who is the best of the best. You wouldn’t 1v1 on KOA, and then 1v1 on IA server and have a different rating. It would all be linked into one database. This works charms as to smurf detection. When you have all the IPs from each server. Also the rating system would be very useful for hiring clans, if they wanted to look up how good a player was, all they would have to do is look at the site and get his or her stats.
Also when downloading the Mod, you could pick from 4 predefined serverconfigs.
Shifter Base – The one with no turrets, just armors.
Shifter Skill – The one with no tricks to it, and no scripts either.
Shifter – The normal, and most wanted by voting shifter.
Shifter SBA – The one devoted to what the SBA wants.

Then there can be custom, where you download the main shifter files, and it brings you to a page of the config. It asks you every definable question we added, such things would look like this:
Would you like to have Ice mortar as a mortar option?
Would you like to disable Laser rifle from the scout?
Would you like to use the armory?

Etc, It would save each of the answers and put that into the serverconfig.cs for him, that way he doesn’t have to look and edit the confusing code. that way a person could get it any way he wanted, Each config would turn up diff in the mod view, it would just say Final Shifter, and u don’t know what your joining. If it is a custom shifter, it will say Shifter Custom, and in the menu will be a place where you can view the whole config, and see what the admin set on or off.

ZenTseTse said:
i think that was because they were doing a complete overhaul.

no reason that sierra couldnt support thta properly up front, based on epic's experience :D

right sierra?

True. However, you were part of the UT community correct? I noticed you idle in |H| and |C|'s irc chan often enough, I think. Wouldn't you agree that ngstats was far superior to the current stats tracking program for UT2k3? Whereas UT2k3epic stats only lists the top 10 for each gametype, ngstats would have the entire ranking field for each gametype. You could just scroll page after page. Altough UT2k3epic stats has every single weapon detail and what not. I guess a collaboration of the two would be a very nice feature.

Back