[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread

where's the caravan?

Migrant caravan faces opposition from angry Tijuana residents

In blunt contrast to the warm reception thousands of migrants received as they made the arduous journey through Central America to Mexico – getting food donations and well wishes from locals – the nearly 3,000 people who reached the Mexican border with California in recent days have been met with marked hostility.

The majority of migrants, who have been on foot for more than a month, are sleeping on a dirt baseball field at an outdoor sports complex in Tijuana by the newly-fortified barbed wire fence that separates Mexico from the United States. A truck parked on the street is providing showers for women, while the men are told to use newly established outdoor showers near the field.

Reports of insults being shouted, rocks being hurled and even physical fist-fighting has escalated over the weekend.

The reception has left many in limbo – afraid to return to their homeland, which for the vast majority is Honduras, yet unwelcome in Mexico and uncertain if their U.S. asylum requests will be granted. The U.S is said to be processing around 100 claims per day.

Tijuana Mayor Juan Manuel Gastelum has referred to the arrivals as “bums” and questioned whether a referendum in the city of 1.6 million is needed to determine whether or not they should be allowed to stay.

“Human rights should be reserved for righteous humans,” Gastelum lamented last week.

great climate isn't very profitable

we can sell you a gas mask and some UV shades though :flag: MAGA

Error in major climate study revealed – warming NOT higher than expected

A major new climate study in the journal Nature got worldwide media coverage for finding that the oceans warmed dramatically faster than previously thought — but now the researchers have retracted that conclusion after a man in the United Kingdom blogged about flaws he discovered in the paper.

Just two weeks after publication, the study authors have revised their paper, and now conclude that the oceans are warming fast -- but at the same rate as other measurements have found.

The error was first discovered by Nic Lewis, a retired British man who holds a bachelors degree in math from the University of Cambridge and who reads science papers for fun. He has also written a couple of published papers of his own on climate science.

“I've always liked to understand the world and to check whether people's research makes sense to me. Once I find something that seems wrong to me, I like to get to the bottom of it,” Lewis told Fox News.

Lewis said the incident should serve as a cautionary tale.

“I think it shows that the fact that a study is peer-reviewed and published by a premier journal gives very little assurance that its findings are valid,” Lewis said.

Facts don't matter, science doesn't matter.. FEELS matter

I used to work for the company who published and then retracted the 'vaccines cause autism' guy

that was a fun week

'I Cannot Enforce This Law': Police Chief Pushes Back on Washington's New Gun Restrictions

One police chief in Washington State wants to make his city a "sanctuary" for gun owners.

Republic Police Department Chief Loren Culp is looking to shield his city from a new state law that imposes more strict limitations on firearms.

Initiative 1639 was recently approved in Washington and prevents individuals under the age of 21 from buying semiautomatic weapons.

The law also creates the potential for someone to be criminally prosecuted if he or she stores a gun where a "prohibited" person gains access to it.

Loren said on Sunday that he "cannot and will not" enforce the law, and that I-1639 almost eliminates the ability for individuals under the age of 21 to exercise their constitutional rights.

"It goes against the oath of my office," he said on Fox & Friends.

Loren wrote on his department's Facebook page, according to The Spokesman-Review, that he is recommending the "Second Amendment Sanctuary City Ordinance," which would "prevent federal and state infringement on the right to keep and bear arms."

:bye: rule of law

what goes around comes around

as you sow, so shall you reap

etc

I used to work for the company who published and then retracted the 'vaccines cause autism' guy

that was a fun week

Anti-vaxxers, another self correcting problem

The War to End All Measles

And yet, here we are in the middle of a measles outbreak in Brooklyn at this centennial moment. There are 17 confirmed cases of measles among the Orthodox Jewish communities in Williamsburg and Borough Park, said Dr. Jane R. Zucker, assistant commissioner of the Bureau of Immunization of the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. All were 4 or younger, and 14 of them were unvaccinated (12 of the 14 were old enough to have been vaccinated, that is, over a year; the other two were infants). Three different unvaccinated children had brought measles back from trips to Israel, which is currently having a large outbreak, Dr. Zucker said.

Oh no 17 cases

bc88c454-41d0-45d6-9c02-17d5d1b81145.png

plus 17 and counting

2014: The U.S. experienced 23 measles outbreaks in 2014, including one large outbreak of 383 cases, occurring primarily among unvaccinated Amish communities in Ohio. Many of the cases in the U.S. in 2014 were associated with cases brought in from the Philippines, which experienced a large measles outbreak.

I for one whole heartedly trust my government and big pharma to have my best interests in mind

brb sticking hep and flu needles in my arm

WOULDN'T WANNA GET HEP OR THE FLU!!!!

Funny how people forget how those diseases ravaged millions and how horrible those days were for the victims and families.

history is doomed to repeat itself, so fuck em I say

Yeah im super paranoid about catching polio in Canada, with all the raw sewage floating around on the sidewalks and whatnot

I think herd mentality is strongly highlighted in that graph. This is hardly a crisis, but obviously has the potential as seen in 2014

and speaking of polio

Polio-like illness, acute flaccid myelitis, now under investigation in 155 patients, CDC says - CNN

they all have plumbing

Tue October 23, 2018

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported Monday that there are 155 patients under investigation this year for acute flaccid myelitis, a condition that that can cause paralysis and mostly affects children.
Of these, 62 have been confirmed by the CDC in 22 states, and the remainder continue to be investigated.
Acute flaccid myelitis, also called AFM, is a rare but serious condition that affects the nervous system -- specifically, the area of the spinal cord called gray matter. It affects fewer than one in a million people each year across the country, the CDC estimates.

The number of patients under investigation is up from 127 patients a week ago, though no new confirmed cases have been reported.

Last edited:
667 cases in a country of 300+ million people... Yeah devastating. And what's the percentage for serious effects or death for measles? Like 1 in 100? Better stick myself with that needle!

chemtrails too

I'm down with vax. I want everyone to get their shots. I wanna be the only guy who doesn't.

Doesn't really matter.. those are diseases of the poor anyway. It is funny, but this is funnier at the moment

In Tijuana, a city of migrants turns on Central American caravan that's reached the border - Los Angeles Times

la-1542587636-tzbdsh4j52-snap-image

This city of migrants has turned on the caravan of thousands of Central American migrants that has roiled the border town.

“This is an invasion!” shouted Luis Alexis Mendoza, 30, a bespectacled carpenter who was among scores of protesting Tijuana residents staging an anti-caravan demonstration Sunday that culminated in a standoff with riot police on the street where more than 2,000 Central Americans were being housed in a sports facility. “We demand respect! We demand that our laws be followed.”

He and others denounced caravan members — mostly Honduran nationals — as “criminals,” “bums,” and “freeloaders,” among other negative characterizations used to describe the Central Americans.

fucking laugh out loud funny right there.. Go Trump, go

Back