How do you guys keep track of the metric ass ton of abilities? by G-Force - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Star Wars: The Old Republic
Reload this Page How do you guys keep track of the metric ass ton of abilities?
Page 3 of 3
$tarlight
VeteranXV
Old
41 - 01-24-2012, 09:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDewMike View Post
I think I'm using more keybinds in this game than I have in any other, partially due to a lack of in-game macro support. I manage ok but I'm not sure if it's the cold weather or my age but my fingers are really starting to ****ing hurt especially late in the evening. Probably doesn't help that I spend 12+ hours a day in front of a computer between work and gaming.
I vote for old age.

Sponsored Links
DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
42 - 01-24-2012, 11:21
Logitech and Razor mice have software to setup macros, people are putting their entire dps rotation into a macro, I haven't tried it yet.

$tarlight
VeteranXV
Old
43 - 01-24-2012, 12:05
I might buy one just for that reason. Going to look for one now. Any model i should look at specifically?

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
44 - 01-24-2012, 12:37
If you have the cash, the Razer Blackwidow Keyboard has 5 macro keys in a row on the lefthand side, easy to hit with your pinky while playing.

Also it is mechanical so you can play going KLAK KLAK KLAK KLAK which I like

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
45 - 01-24-2012, 13:39
If you're buying the Blackwidow keyboard, get the Corsair Vengeance one instead. I keep telling people this. That mechanical keyboard is high xKRO over WASD keys, not a real mechanical. It's optimized around what popular gamers use only.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41J%2BXpy9sOL.jpg

Here is the Corsair Vengeance K90. It looks sleek as hell too. It's very well-made, heavy keyboard, with quality components.

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
46 - 01-24-2012, 13:41
I think all of the logitech gaming mice allow for macros, I looked a 3 different gaming mice on their site and they all have macros that are saved to the memory on the mouse so you can change computers and the profiles are saved.

I think Razor mice all use the same software that allow for macros. Go all out for SWTOR Star Wars?: The Old Republic? Gaming Peripherals | Razer™ | For Gamers. By Gamers.™

Looks like razor has a new version of the naga coming out, that button configuration seems more useable. Razer Naga Hex - MOBA Gaming Mouse | Razer Online Store

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
47 - 01-24-2012, 13:43
I cannot understand how people can use their thumb for so many buttons.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
48 - 01-24-2012, 14:02
Adren what do you mean the Blackwidow isn't a mechanical keyboard?

Senty
VeteranXX
Old
49 - 01-24-2012, 14:06
Stopped using Forward/Back a week ago, it's only been a problem when trying to reach datacrons.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
50 - 01-24-2012, 14:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma5000 View Post
Adren what do you mean the Blackwidow isn't a mechanical keyboard?
It isn't. True mechanicals do not use USB as USB only allows for 6+4. The corsair and Blackwidow Ultimate use 2 USB connectors to achieve 20KRO iirc.

I have tried multiple mechanical keyboards and none comes close to the Corsiar vengeance ATM. I'm a pretty hard key hitter too (and spam since it's MMO). The reason I tell people for the same money, it's a better keyboard, is because it just feels like it's high quality. Everything about it seems well made, down to the backlighting.

I was hoping the Thermaltake esports series one would be coming with backlit but it didn't.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
51 - 01-24-2012, 14:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdreNaLiNe View Post
It isn't. True mechanicals do not use USB as USB only allows for 6+4. The corsair and Blackwidow Ultimate use 2 USB connectors to achieve 20KRO iirc.

I have tried multiple mechanical keyboards and none comes close to the Corsiar vengeance ATM. I'm a pretty hard key hitter too (and spam since it's MMO). The reason I tell people for the same money, it's a better keyboard, is because it just feels like it's high quality. Everything about it seems well made, down to the backlighting.

I was hoping the Thermaltake esports series one would be coming with backlit but it didn't.
Nah the other USB is just to power a USB plug on the keyboard (has headphone and mic jacks as well).

I got a Black Widow for Xmas and I love it. It's sturdy and heavy as hell, well built and very responsive. I don't think anyone needs 20KRO (had to look this up, it stands for Key Roll over, aka at how many keys simultaneously pressed does the keyboard *jam* and just go KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK etc regardless of keys pressed (fyi other pplz like me)), the most I hit really ever is running + strafe + hotkeys aka W + A + Shift + E or 4. 20 is just crazy.

That being said if you can get either, go for the Corsair? It does look nice and is more designed for MMOs versus FPS games. I'm just saying the Black Widow is sick and I love it

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
52 - 01-24-2012, 15:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma5000 View Post
Nah the other USB is just to power a USB plug on the keyboard (has headphone and mic jacks as well).

I got a Black Widow for Xmas and I love it. It's sturdy and heavy as hell, well built and very responsive. I don't think anyone needs 20KRO (had to look this up, it stands for Key Roll over, aka at how many keys simultaneously pressed does the keyboard *jam* and just go KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK etc regardless of keys pressed (fyi other pplz like me)), the most I hit really ever is running + strafe + hotkeys aka W + A + Shift + E or 4. 20 is just crazy.

That being said if you can get either, go for the Corsair? It does look nice and is more designed for MMOs versus FPS games. I'm just saying the Black Widow is sick and I love it
If you take a look at the blackwidow reviews, there are a lot of complaints about their quality and their lack of customer service after purchase.

As for KRO, that's what it means. Also, for non-mechanicals, that limit is typically 3, and can only be optimized around a set of keys to feel like more than 3.

FOG|Adrenaline
VeteranXX
Old
53 - 01-24-2012, 18:17
So what kinds of macros are people creating? I'm playing a Sentinel/Watchman and it's just constant watching of cooldowns. Like others have said, it's more o a priority list than a rotation b/c various skill procs affect other's cooldowns.

I'm functionally pretty good at it, but it's just not that fun to stare at the cooldowns for hours on end. it's especially bad in PvP if you're attempting to move around, change targets, etc... while keeping up with the cooldowns.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
54 - 01-25-2012, 12:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOG|Adrenaline View Post
So what kinds of macros are people creating? I'm playing a Sentinel/Watchman and it's just constant watching of cooldowns. Like others have said, it's more o a priority list than a rotation b/c various skill procs affect other's cooldowns.

I'm functionally pretty good at it, but it's just not that fun to stare at the cooldowns for hours on end. it's especially bad in PvP if you're attempting to move around, change targets, etc... while keeping up with the cooldowns.
I think the Sentinel rotation at 50 can literally be macroed. Assuming combat, you'd go charge, zealous strike, precision slash, blade rush, blade rush, blade storm. That is a full buildup and dump of focus. Of course, in real practice, a target may be dead already. But then you'd just make sure you have those abilities bound anyway.

The mechanics of combat flows very well, but i'm hearing it's not top damage for PvP.

I hear Watchmen is still top damage, but I'm looking at Combat and it just seems it'd be more fun.

At 50, the sent is a lot more simplified since you have hard hitting, focused reduced abilities. It will make the rotation work out very nicely as opposed to how clunky it feels right now, having to stop the abilities atm in order to use strike and build combo points to finish it hehe.

Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
55 - 01-25-2012, 14:47
I am Carnage (combat) right now and the spec can put out very good burst due to the 6-second 100% armor pen and guaranteed crit for force scream/blade storm, although sustained damage seems a bit low. In PvP, i charge in, do my hamstring move, battering strike (zealous strike), pop my trinket if available, Massacre (blade rush), Gore (precision slash), force scream then Ravage (master strike). Squishies are close to dead at this point but i am all out of rage to do anything but to rebuild it using the crappy strike.

Shadow13
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
56 - 02-02-2012, 01:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force View Post
I'm really enjoying the game but on some classes, by the time you hit 20, all 4 bars are almost full.

My 20 assassin tank has both bottom bars full, and the side bars are filling up fast. I counted 13 more skills between now and 50. Where the **** am I going to put all these things? How is my caveman brain supposed to keep track of all this ****? I do like to look at my screen once and awhile to see the action.

I really wish they would let us make macros to condense some of this ****. I don't want rift style macros where it was basically a 2 button game...more like WoW, where I could put some defensive cooldowns on the same macro and clean my hotbars up a bit.

I use 12345...qezxfc, alt-q, alt-e, alt-1234.

Anything with a cooldown 2 minutes or higher I just click on due to lack of keybinds. I find alt the easiest modifier for me because I can tap that with my thumb and still be mobile.

/rant off

Anyone else having this issue or am I just a ****in simpleton?
1-6
SHIFT 1-6
ALT 1-6
CNTRL 1-6
SHFT CNTRL 1-6
SHFT ALT 1-6

1-6 is a longer reach of course then 1-4 but if its a high pace fight I just mouse click the ones I can't reach if I need em that fast, most of the important **** stays in the first 4 key banks though.

But yes, the amount of abilities is retarded at least for marauder, but like most games you can cut out a large majority of them or you fit them in your rotation. EQ2 was like this also, tons of abilities my rotation on my coercer switched every cycle and had 9 different combinations depending on length of fight.

I got spoiled by playing an Ice wizard and resto druid I guess in wow.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
57 - 02-02-2012, 15:09
I have a real difficult time finding my mouse in this game for whatever reason. Clicking is no longer an option. Maybe it's the way the colors are designed, but on a map like voidstar where there's sorc animations going, I can't see ****.

Excel
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
58 - 02-02-2012, 15:20
I had that problem in WoW, sucked.

Dead Ben
VeteranXX
Old
59 - 02-02-2012, 17:40
I've got a G13 with a little joystick I an control with my thumb for a lot of movement and 24 keys for keybinds, I don't use WASD at all. I only use my keyboard for typing.

Page 3 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Star Wars: The Old Republic
Reload this Page How do you guys keep track of the metric ass ton of abilities?

Social Website Bullshit