I think i'm going to invest in AMD this year. by Odio - Page 4 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page I think i'm going to invest in AMD this year.
Page 4 of 9
Mojo616
VeteranXX
Old
61 - 05-03-2017, 01:27
in other news, i sold off my last bit of AMD yesterday and opened up puts on AAPL today

Sponsored Links
havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
62 - 05-03-2017, 01:41
lol apple

def
VeteranXX
Old
63 - 05-03-2017, 02:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odio View Post
Short of massive fraud or a hellacious lawsuit, there is no way AMD is going to crash
yeah it prob won't "crash" but going up 100% in 8 months as per your prediction is a little cray

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
64 - 05-03-2017, 02:59
odio is a(n) amd shill.

SecretSquirrel
VeteranXV
Old
65 - 05-03-2017, 14:48
Theoretically, I would be looking at an 8 point gap between where it is and the highest point it has reached in the last few months. If that was about 15, my buy in would be at 7. It does look like the stock is eventually going up, but it might take 3 to 6 months to get the money out of that 8 point gap. So, 7 to 15 is 8 which is 53% profit over 6 months which is 106% profit for year, minus buy and sell fees.

That's not bad, when you look at it that way.

Things to look at the same time.

1. Will I lose my money if I go in at 7 dollars, or 7.50? No, in the long run probably not. The news is just too go for AMD. It's being traded a lot through, being bought in the morning and sold in the afternoon. Day trading action is going on pretty routinely, and you will have to learn to not pay attention to this action.

2. What is everyone else watching when they look at AMD's charts? How could I manipulate their buy and sell reactions to my benefit?

3. Can I make more money playing another stock? I don't know, but 106% for the year is pretty good.

The way to be a baller in the stock market.

haniblecter
VeteranXX
Old
66 - 05-04-2017, 09:18
only ever used amd cause their cheaper. Havent had problems in 10 years.

boston
VeteranXV
Old
67 - 05-04-2017, 09:50
Ryzen isnt that much cheaper than intel though, so I keep trying to figure out if someone will unlock the 8 core potential. they Ryzen 7 is something like 320$ and a 7700k is 350$.

Im more interested in the potential of the entry level video card. The Rx460 could be interesting. Just the idea of people wanting to play Overwatch, LoL, and other such mainstream games at 1080p and decent settings. It has the potential to swing the market away from the consoles, but with the way titles made on all platforms now and people liking things simple I am curious if it will really start a new trend.

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
68 - 05-04-2017, 10:24
You're focusing on mid-range desktop **** when you should be considering how big of a chunk AMD is about to take of the server market.

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
69 - 05-04-2017, 10:31
Odio I'm not even ripping you but you need to learn actual stock analysis and not just company facts valuing a stock has to do with actual earnings multiples and growth value analysis etc

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
70 - 05-04-2017, 10:41
please stop posting in my thread. no one wants your advice.

chaiwalla
VeteranX
Old
71 - 05-04-2017, 10:44
i don't mind it

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
72 - 05-04-2017, 10:47
then make an appointment and GET OUT YOUR ****ING CHECK BOOK.

slogg
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
73 - 05-04-2017, 11:36
hey im really excited about already announced products whose sales forecasts are built into the current stock price

SecretSquirrel
VeteranXV
Old
74 - 05-04-2017, 12:01
Don't focus on those kind of routine money-talk punch lines. You are posting the same kinds of analysis that Dean Whitter probably gives its clients as advice, and then they go out and say the same thing to their friends while they're all sitting around eating sushi somewhere.

Focus instead on brand sentiment and the mentality of others trying to also capitalize and make money on the stock. Where are their buys and holds going to be? When do they influence the demand of the stock, and where are they going to sell it out.

The wild bumps it is taking means there is a 6 to 7 point gain to be made at some point if your timing is right. You just have to watch it and be focused and intuitive about what is going on.

SecretSquirrel
VeteranXV
Old
75 - 05-05-2017, 02:20
Going up tomorrow.

def
VeteranXX
Old
76 - 05-05-2017, 11:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Going up tomorrow.
You are right

Up 0.03

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

SecretSquirrel
VeteranXV
Old
77 - 05-07-2017, 12:47
It's bottomed out and is being supported/bought just above 10. Sometimes there are cycles where it will drop every week about 2 points, so we will not see it drop again until Monday or Tuesday. To me though, it looks like those points will come back and there may only be an eventual recovery from a loss of about 1.5 dollars.

So based on the observation that everyone is in for a positive rise, I will now put in my fake money to buy right here.

Length of hold: ~6 months.
Profit assumption: A rise to 16 dollars a share by November 2017.
Fake money invested: 102, 000.00 for 10,000 shares + buy commission of 200.00
See you guys then to check my results.

Never buy or sell at the top or bottom of a stock. That is what everyone else is trying to do. Find your position and hold it.

Last edited by SecretSquirrel; 05-07-2017 at 12:58..
Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
78 - 05-07-2017, 13:07
my position is **** amd b/c i am still mad about their **** drivers from last time i bought their hardware (7 years ago)

when i come to power, those fags at amd will be forced to use their own hardware. lol maxxxxxx torture amirite

SecretSquirrel
VeteranXV
Old
79 - 05-07-2017, 13:42
I had and have a hate/hate relationship with ATandT but that doesn't keep me from buying and selling their stock.

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
80 - 05-07-2017, 13:47
idk maybe that is a good idea i will just save up some gbp for a few weeks and buy the company out

Page 4 of 9

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page I think i'm going to invest in AMD this year.

Social Website Bullshit