[Official] Suggestion Box

Rayn, can you make search available through a single thread? From what I tried, search will go through the entire database.

Uh i tried to post a reply using the mobile template but it didn't post it and sent me to a blank "vbulletin message " page.

kthx.

Suggestions for the default search functionality:

- The default operator is OR. I'd say change it to AND.

- For quick search, have it search titles only and only go back three months (same as defaults on "advance search")

- On the "advance search" page, have it display results as threads by default.

I'd imagine that a lot of resources are wasted as people have to redo their searches because the results are displayed as posts when usually someone is just looking for a thread.

Just some suggestions to make it less of a burden on the server. :shrug:

Is it just me or did Ignored Threads recently appear in the CP? Will ignore threads also be making their way into the thread tools? (wrote a script awhile ago that did all this but if you're enabling it I won't bother releasing it).

cp link was added due to malicious activity
ignore thread link is automatically added for premium users but that decision predates me.

Suggestion: When you mouseover a thread tag, the ALT text should show the name of whoever posted it.

Clever way to eliminate anonymity, or is anonymity good?

It's not actually anonymous and u can get infractions for thread tags.

01-14-2010
06:28 AM Expired 10 Unmarked NWS (Tags) Rayn

Is the current home page REALLY necessary? I mean does anyone actually read that shit?

Can't we combine elements of it and the news ticker onto GD and use that as the home? (and then extend the posting ban for the inevitable influx of new members to 1 year)

Is the current home page REALLY necessary? I mean does anyone actually read that shit?

Can't we combine elements of it and the news ticker onto GD and use that as the home? (and then extend the posting ban for the inevitable influx of new members to 1 year)

the original site is kind of like the really successful sibling who looked after and cared for his younger sibling the forum but then spiraled into drug use, lost his job and now the younger sibling looks after him

to answer your question

who cares

Back