The state of T1.

I need to get in with the cool kids though so I can get picked for a team... they pick the same 10 over and over.

i was there

im afraid the way it works is that everyone who comes back claims to be really good and wants a chance

but they never are

i'm sorry but simply saying you are good almost always 99% of the time fails to translate, and since you specifically said yourself you only played base, there would be no question that you would be bad at the LT pickup we were having

edit: for example, even natural came back and pickup'd with us, but after a few games he stopped getting picked too. it just doesn't work out that if you're rusty or inexperienced with LT that you still get to play automatically

Last edited:
anyway yakuza tell you what

next time theres a pickup and i'm there and it's not too high level i will captain and let you play a map. most people have to wait to get a shot but i'll pick you since i want people to stay playing

how about you sit for him instead, you charity picking pos

Sorry Yakuza, poncho's a lamer, and pretty bad at everything

No base played anymore, just lt. Which is not even that cool.

it is better than the other franchises though still in terms of online playability imo

Last edited:
Without LT tribes would have died 5 years ago, and it really only came in once Base began it's 10th round suck fest.

I've always loved LT (for all the reasons I've always said: No hiding behind your team, forces individual skill, better teamwork, heightened versions of all Light Pack options (LO, LD Chase, LD Home, Capping) etc). It's become a vastly different game than even when I first played it, but it's not hard to adapt. There is shit you see people doing now that would be matrix-calibre during base's time (the 180 degree beacon jumps, MA-gren launching, etc).

I can understand it would be frustrating to just come back now. Everyone smurfs, everyone is a douche, everyone cg's nonstop and you get spammed to fucking high heaven, but it's still tribes at it's core, and it's still a blast to play in the right circumstances.

If you want in a PU, you're going to have a hard time. The few that usually run them pick their friends because they have more fun and they are typically other fulltime LT people (aka higher skill). It's annoying as shit when you see some Pug scrub get picked over you (and you sit there going 'fuck that I own that piece of shit, fuck these niggers') , but all I can recommend is offering to captain (secret free way in!), or offering to play Home D since no one wants to play it.

Or just befriend some of them. I run a fine line of 50/50 love/hate me so it's really a dice roll on being chosen or deliberately being skipped :p

gl!

I take full credit for the 90 degree beacon flag grab on DS flag on SH. Come from the east grab flag, beacon disc jump through the front of the flag tower and fly over the SH

I did It in heaven a loong time a go. Nobody knew wtf was going on.

I would have less issue with LT if the server didn't run it EVERY MAP when there are enough players for 10v10.

Should alternate base/LT with 20 players or more. I would argue this would be the "a bit of something for everyone" solution...

...Of course. Then the LT kiddies all stuff themselves into the floor on RD and ruin it.

anyway yakuza tell you what

next time theres a pickup and i'm there and it's not too high level i will captain and let you play a map. most people have to wait to get a shot but i'll pick you since i want people to stay playing

In other news, opsayo's ego applied for statehood this week. If accepted, opsayo's ego will be the nation's 51st state, and 9th largest. :shock:

I would have less issue with LT if the server didn't run it EVERY MAP when there are enough players for 10v10.

Should alternate base/LT with 20 players or more. I would argue this would be the "a bit of something for everyone" solution...

...Of course. Then the LT kiddies all stuff themselves into the floor on RD and ruin it.

The problem is the idiots vote the Base maps off when it's 10v10, or people drop, so it's not worth it. EVERYONE wants to play LT and EVERYONE wants to have the best score.

lol

Dont get discouraged by retarded newbies like the truth aka poncho aka Fallen's #1 bench warmer.

Just play and have fun - don't mind the morons.

i was there

im afraid the way it works is that everyone who comes back claims to be really good and wants a chance

but they never are

i'm sorry but simply saying you are good almost always 99% of the time fails to translate, and since you specifically said yourself you only played base, there would be no question that you would be bad at the LT pickup we were having

edit: for example, even natural came back and pickup'd with us, but after a few games he stopped getting picked too. it just doesn't work out that if you're rusty or inexperienced with LT that you still get to play automatically

I have played LT before... when I said I played base I was refferring to the dude saying I was from annihalation servers... I never played that or renegayeds...

After obsin' through 2 of those p/u's however I am certain I can "keep up".
As I was saying I am not going to deny being a bit rusty but I can certainly play LD.. matter of fact that poncho dude started calling for them to kick me after I MA'd him on SH and returned the flag.

anyway I will keep coming around... I was having fun before all the faggotry started.

edit: I also didn't mean for this to become a LT bashing thread... I agree with most of what joemomma said.. every time I have reinstalled the only base servers I see w/ people in them constantly are playing LT.
And I do like LT. Just not as much as good ole base... or SHpub once in a while would be nice.

Last edited:
What T1 needs are admins who aren't fucking idiots. And a timer so you can't chain-vote maps (talking to you cod3 and a few others) just because you don't like the map and disagree with the 14 previous votes we just went through.

Fade, but Never Die

Let us go forth, tribal warriors;
steady your palms, envision your post.
Be fooled not by the peaceful pulsing of your eager spinfusors,
but consent the cadence to puppeteer your dance of WASD.
START, tribal warriors,
rockets in harmony, disperse deliberately
like the glowing ambers of a bursting firework in the still air.
Offense, soar atop until the structures are masked in fog,
stretch down the mountains and spring in excess of the hills,
through the volley of chain and aside the hailing discs.
Defenders...TO BE CONTINUED NOT BY ME

Back