FPS with following specs?

there is a colussal difference between 512mg and 1 gig. my friend has a modeeratly high end system (amd 2800+, 512 pc2700, 9800xt - 10x2 res ultra hihg, 2aa/16af). The game was very choppy at times and the loading took a good minute or two. Now that he got an additional 512 stick, loading takes like 15 seconds total and the game runs alot smoother.

ok. Now apply that conversion to the prices at newegg and pricewatch dot com and you'll have your answer :)

I'll show you the way, I'm not going to hold your hand through it.

enDless_Delirium said:
I'm missing a reference here. Please explain it using small words so that I may laugh as well. :)

i guess it was just my parents that did it to me. they would have a spoon of gerber and pretend it was an airplane so it would be fun to eat.

Rev_Night said:
i've got the following specs:

dual opteron 250s
tyan mobo
2 gigs 3200 ram
dual 6800Ultra (SLI)

At 16x12 res, ultra high (annoying glow set to medium) and at 4aa/16af, i average about 150-200 fps.

Im calling BS.

i agree i dont believe that i have yet to see anyone with those kinds of fps in this game. With any of the highend cards
6800's Ultras to the x800 xt pe's the game just doesnt play that well on any cards. P.S. Staring at the wall on a empty server doesnt count as your fps

Last edited:
in all seriousness, i would get the following:

1x 512mg of pc3200
geforce BFG Tech 6800 GT OC

the geforce ultra would be bottlenecked by the 2.8 ghz cpu, and as such is a waste of money

Rev_Night said:
in all seriousness, i would get the following:

1x 512mg of pc3200
geforce BFG Tech 6800 GT OC

the geforce ultra would be bottlenecked by the 2.8 ghz cpu, and as such is a waste of money

unless you were planning a CPU upgrade sometime in the near future as well. In which case it's not a waste of money :)

enDless_Delirium said:
unless you were planning a CPU upgrade sometime in the near future as well. In which case it's not a waste of money :)

true...but he did say he was low on money. doing the above 2 things is pushing it, doing the cpu as well is jsut too much.

Rev_Night said:
true...but he did say he was low on money. doing the above 2 things is pushing it, doing the cpu as well is jsut too much.

I get money every week. like magic :)

but I understand what you're saying. Good job with the economic advise. I personally don't like nVidia (bad experiences) but whatever :)

Emilee said:
You can get more than 85. I could get 185 if I wanted to.

maybe but i am lying about that dual op. system tho. This is just for those of you that couldn't figure it out already.

I know you are. Dual PCI-E mobo's are not out, and neither are the PCI-E SLI capable 6800 Ultra's. Even with those, you wouldnt get those frames.

Back