T1 with better graphics?

Amadeu5 said:
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
p.p.s. i chain better now than i ever did with interpolate
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...and that is exactly one of the main reasons it isn't a cheat. Cheating always makes people better. The thing that some people find useful while others don't is called a setting.

um.. you missed my point completely. interpolate does in fact make most people better with the chaingun (myself included - it made me more effective than i was before), as it makes it easier to see where the enemy actually is, resulting in more effective and successful chaining. but strangely enough, i have actually been chaining even better recently than i did with interpolate. i mentioned it as an exception.

and shinigami, interpolate is not just a visual preference. it actually changes the location of your enemy on a map or in the air (with interpolate=64 your enemy would appear at point A, but with interpolate=0 he would appear at point B, his ACTUAL LOCATION). FOV just distorts the angles at which players appear on your screen, it doesn't actually change anything.

i don't think it's really a cheat per se, but it certainly does make shitty players chainwhores and unbalances the shit out of the game. i am glad it's gone.

Last edited:
SideSlash said:
um.. you missed my point completely. interpolate does in fact make most people better with the chaingun, as it makes it easier to see where the enemy actually is, resulting in more effective and successful chaining (if you deny that you're an idiot). but strangely enough, i have been chaining better recently than i did with interpolate. i mentioned it as an exception.
The only thing that means is it's popular. There are a lot of people who suck w/ the CG with or without interpolate (me for example, although I might suck a tiny bit less without it). If those people are smart enough to stop trying to chain and improve their MA's instead, it's one major step in reducing whorage.

SideSlash said:
and shinigami, interpolate is not just a visual preference. it actually changes the location of your enemy on a map or in the air (with interpolate=64 your enemy would appear at point A, but with interpolate=0 he would appear at point B, his ACTUAL LOCATION). FOV just distorts the angles at which players appear on your screen, it doesn't actually change anything.

It DOESN'T change the actual location of enemies, only the location YOUR COMPUTER draws them at. I personally, like to see people where they really are instead of where my comp thinks they're going to be, in most cases because my computer is wrong. That, and because even with ip = 64 players still move like if they were getting kicked around, only in a lot smoother way, which is at least as disturbing - if not more - than regular choppy movement.

What I find so interesting about LastHope is how surprisingly simple it is for server admins to exclude certain players from being validated. While I'm not pointing fingers, it's pretty obvious when you're on a clan operated server being chainwhored by clan members.

The unique, usual, rebuttal:
"We're using LastHope, How do you suppose we're cheating?"

SideSlash said:

Yes, it does change where you see the enemy. That's why I say it's strictly visual. It's not as if it magically makes your chain reg more or that it changes a player's actual location on a a server.

uh, actually it does make your chain reg more. when you're shooting at an actual target 100% of the time instead of a predicted target, your chain bullets and discs hit alot more often. less fakies, less rubber bullets. and like i said, it changes the enemy's location on your screen. so yes it's visual, but it is a visual SHIFT instead of a visual distortion (FOV).

you guys are arguing symantics
how about this: interp is way gay and ruined tribes gameplay. now its gone. all is well.
sweet.

secrax said:
What I find so interesting about LastHope is how surprisingly simple it is for server admins to exclude certain players from being validated. While I'm not pointing fingers, it's pretty obvious when you're on a clan operated server being chainwhored by clan members.

The unique, usual, rebuttal:
"We're using LastHope, How do you suppose we're cheating?"

I really hope your joking !!! In order to be excluded you would have to do some programming. Its not a server side thing you can adjust, well I guess it could be, but the code is encrypted and I dont know anyone really wanting to spend time to code something to exclude someone from being validated.

As far as im aware, its impossible right now to make specific exclusions to keep people from being validated. If your getting whored, maybe its cause they can aim ??? If someone was able to make a work around for lasthope, then yea they could bypass validation, but that doesnt exist either. Thats why server code is kept private and is encrypted.

Last edited:
SideSlash said:
uh, actually it does make your chain reg more. when you're shooting at an actual target 100% of the time instead of a predicted target, your chain bullets and discs hit alot more often. less fakies, less rubber bullets. and like i said, it changes the enemy's location on your screen. so yes it's visual, but it is a visual SHIFT instead of a visual distortion (FOV).
If you knew what makes nonregs happen, then you'd know that none of the 64 ip nonregs hit the target, so they'd either stay nonregs or you'd just see your bullets miss (as they actually do). So yes, 0 ip does reduce the number of nr's, but doesn't increase the number of hits.

i didn't say it increases the number of hits, i just said discs and chain hit more often.. as in, assuming you hit the target, when ip=0 your discs and chain are more likely to register. when ip=64, you are often aiming at the wrong target.. that's the whole idea.

SideSlash said:
i didn't say it increases the number of hits, i just said discs and chain hit more often.. as in, assuming you hit the target, when ip=0 your discs and chain are more likely to register. when ip=64, you are often aiming at the wrong target.. that's the whole idea.
Assuming you hit the target, you hit the target and deal damage. Assuming you don't hit the target, you either see a miss or an nr. Since neither of those is rewarding, I don't see how getting fewer nr's and more misses is a cheat.

It makes it easier for some people, but not too easy and by far not for everyone. If it made it too easy I would have become a good chainer with it, which I haven't. Chaining still takes skill, setting ip to 0 just helps with it a bit, just like setting FOV to 120 helps with spotting people.

again, i didn't say it makes everyone a better chainer. people who suck with chain will suck even with interpolate. but it does make a LOT of people who aren't all that great at tribes in general very effective with the chaingun.. setting ip to 0 helps TOO MUCH. while there used to be a small percentage of deadly chaingunners, with interpolate half of any given server would be amazing with it. it unbalanced the game, end of story.

i don't think you played tribes competetively in its prime, and i don't think you play it competetively now, so please just give it up.

As if playing competitively makes any difference in this discusstion *cough* argument.

Back