T1 with better graphics?

n9ne said:
aka "not how tribes was meant to be played" ...

Just because defalt is what you like dosent mean we do. Also if you want to go into detail then wouldn't any script be a cheat? It would going by your rules.. I say if it can be done though scripts its ok. If it take a .exe hack then its not ment to be. That dose include hudbot but who cares its just so nice :p.

n9ne said:
aka "not how tribes was meant to be played" ...

your same (poor) logic could be applied to interpolate to create reasons why it should be left in, doesnt mean it should be

yeah, because the dynamix designers totally didn't want you to go anywhere NEAR the file named "Clientprefs.cs"

fucking idiot

if screwing with the mechanics of tribes is fine then why did he take interpolate out :shrug:

im really sorry that i get the impression that andrew does whatever is best for him... ie taking out interpolate when he is one of VERY FEW people who chain well without it

if you still couldnt tell by now, all im asking is what makes interpolate any "worse" or any more of a cheat than adjustable FOV

powerowned.jpg

n9ne said:
if screwing with the mechanics of tribes is fine then why did he take interpolate out :shrug:

Because most of what's left of the T1 community are as ignorant (and/or stupid) as you are and can't even comprehend the definition of interpolation, much less what its function is in T1.

im really sorry that i get the impression that andrew does whatever is best for him... ie taking out interpolate when he is one of VERY FEW people who chain well without it

That's pathetic. He isn't one of the few...or maybe it's just that most people are that horrible now. And for the 8676578th time, interpolate doesn't do anything to your chain.

if you still couldnt tell by now, all im asking is what makes interpolate any "worse" or any more of a cheat than adjustable FOV

It's not. I'm surprised you haven't seen Andrew argue this as he has done so in about 675764 threads started be people whining about interpolate. Unfortunately most people refuse to grasp that concept.

Plus there're all those people like you who believe interpolate makes you awesome with a chaingun. Then you have a server full of people only using that weapon, which tends to make the game not so fun.

n9ne said:
if u think interpolate does nothing for your chain i think that negates any valid points you might have made ;o
i think he's implying that you lack the very basic understanding of what the interpolate variable is within the game, and i agree.

n9ne said:

fov is included by default in clientprefs

while it took 4 years for a scripter to figure out how to find and change the interpolate setting

get the difference?

UniX said:
Just because defalt is what you like dosent mean we do. Also if you want to go into detail then wouldn't any script be a cheat? It would going by your rules.. I say if it can be done though scripts its ok. If it take a .exe hack then its not ment to be. That dose include hudbot but who cares its just so nice :p.
hrmm what else has been done with scripts... autobeacon(shiva) happy mod original, etc etc etc etc....

OPWNEDASRAS

zodie said:
fov is included by default in clientprefs

while it took 4 years for a scripter to figure out how to find and change the interpolate setting

get the difference?

yeah :heart:

anything not 90 FOV is still gay though :eek:

neehl said:
fov doesnt affect other people
interpolate does

If interpolate does then FOV does just as well by giving you the ability to see an enemy from an angle you couldn't previously. They're both strictly visual effects.

but interpolate actually improves your chances of hitting someone (you see where they actually are instead of where the server says they are), while FOV just changes your perception, making it *seem* easier to hit someone..

p.s. n9ne you are pretty dumb

p.p.s. i chain better now than i ever did with interpolate

p.p.s. i chain better now than i ever did with interpolate
...and that is exactly one of the main reasons it isn't a cheat. Cheating always makes people better. The thing that some people find useful while others don't is called a setting.

except no
interp made chain on pubs and in matches goddamned ridiculous. maybe if all of you had been around when tribes 1 was an awesome game, you would realize how sweet it is. but you weren't. so all you've got is this watered down version of a game that used to be great.
in conclusion please stop telling us what is and isnt good for the game

Back