Phantomstranger/KOS

Yeah.. That's what I think will happen, Unfortunately..
heh so many people have been posting release from day one yet we don't get any updates or anything.
He is the one modeling and producing them to us so let's try to be patient as possible even though like 13 or 14 pages have gone by about people begging for these to be released but be patient my friend lol RELEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

patience young grasshoppa :p

i just got my new mouse, and although business with getting a job is screwing with my timetable, ill be able to get something done now that i dont need to worry about screwing up the entire project because of a shitty mouse(did it a few times already, so i just went to the previously saved version and said fuck it)

ill see if my host is up and then ill post some un-textured pics(because the texture looks like ass so far and i dont really wanna show it off :p)

don't know if anyone is really interested in the ones I am doing but...

I got side tracked and right now I am finishing the texture maps. screenshots when I am done.

Phantom, everytime I try to take out the t2 converted flags, my tribes crashes on startup. It's forcing me to play with them, and they always skip in-game (disappearing for a sec) and it's messing me up. What am I to do?

not done but thought I would put up some pics.

screen_alpha_texture.jpg

screen_alpha_shot1.jpg.jpg

screen_alpha_shot2.jpg.jpg

see my earlier post to compare.

still need to do the back, hands, legs, crotch, and center of the chest.

the arms, head, shoulders, and sensor unit are done. I went ahead and did the hard part first. the rest of it should be a breeze to texture.

well I'm headin to bed. I'll try to finish this up next week. tomorrow I have to work on portfolio stuff.

RevirD said:
Phantom, everytime I try to take out the t2 converted flags, my tribes crashes on startup. It's forcing me to play with them, and they always skip in-game (disappearing for a sec) and it's messing me up. What am I to do?

sounds like you aren't taking out all the files for the flags. if you have other flag skins for the model the game will look for them and not find it and crash. also if you have the original flag model missing it will crash also.

you're the only person I have ever heard of saying it skips. my guess would be the lod is too high for your view so it skips on drawing it. I don't think it is an animation glitch. but I will go back and double check.

anyone else have a problem of the model skipping?

and another question. should I put this model in T1 or T2?

Last edited:
something got buggered up with my uvw map(its a long dull process, because i have to do lots of extra shit to make it port over to max, but its worth it in the end) so im probably going to have to remake it, but if any of you know of a good program that unfolds objects for you it would speed this up a lot(im currently taking every polygon and rotating them so they all face up, then disconnecting them and moving them around so they dont get welded to other points, which changes the vertex count and completely screws up a model when bringing it into 3ds max

again it brings up the question "why not just learn max?"

well simply put, this way is faster to get the project done and released, although if things keep going wrong it would probably be better to just learn max in the meantime =\

(this pisses me off too because i actually had semi decent texture going too =\)

:edit: im trying to make it look simmilar to this... except for the modelling, because that i can do later(it wont look exactly like this of course :rolleyes: )
shredder.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, didn't notice the flag.dts in the base folder. So that's solved, but it was so annoying with the converted flags because they kept disappearing on me. It was totally screwing up my pu's and handoffs, hope you figure out what's the deal there. It's probably me, heh.

[meph]DooM! said:
Holy crap, that transformer model owns.
yea.

makes me wonder how cool it would be to do a total conversion for Tribes with that kind of theme. :)

make it something like armored core on the PSX.

Back