[T1 release] Skies maybe ?

Now here's something, 2 Rollercoaster skies for you to choose. Again, things to know :

• These will black-out your commander screen's map;
  • Extract the files in your base/skins folder;
  • Do not rename any of the filenames;
  • Remove any skies you may already have.

There's only one person that reported a problem so far.. I don't know if everyone else is running my first Rollercoaster lush sky fine. But I've tested this with a few persons, and everything was fine.

Another thing you NEED to know :

1- If you are NOT using SarcaStick's dirt terrain textures (they are called marsWorld textures.. but to most people, they are dirt textures). Simply extract all files to base/skins folder and you are done. If you need to install the dirt terrain textures later on, do NOT overwrite the mars.day.ppl and mars.night.ppl files. My .ppl files contain extra palettes used by the skies.

2- If you ARE using SarcaStick's dirt terrain textures, Simply extract all files to base/skins folder, but overwrite your already existing mars.day.ppl and mars.night.ppl with mine. You will still be able to use the terrain textures with the new skies. No worries.

Finally.. the download links.. I sure hope you've read through all my post instead of skipping here right away ;)

Rollercoaster lushWorld sky : RClushsky.zip

RCnewlush.jpg

Rollercoaster sunset sky :
RCsunset.zip

RCnewsunset.jpg

The sunset sky doesn't blend in as well as the lush one in the horizon, but no matter.. maybe Sarca could clean it up a bit :p

I would really appreciate some feedback, I at least want to know if they work for everyone.

Either talk to me here, or in #conversion if you need any help.

Last edited:
I forgot about something important :

People that extract their files in base rather than in base/skins should first look for mars.day.ppl and mars.night.ppl in their whole tribes directory. And in case you do have these files, but I doubt it unless you use dirt textures, replace yours with mine.

The other option where you might have mars.day.ppl and mars.night.ppl would be if you edited your palettes, hex-editing and all. If so, you'll have to edit my 2 mars .ppl's.

thanx :)
just one thing, what do u guys have your sky detail settings set to? because viking pack had it at 0 and i'm not sure whats the max

hmm, I don't know
I love that sky and all, and it does look sweet
but I don't know if it suits the map design itself, plus there's probably another map it'd look better on

i was AFK making tacos ;
they're in the oven atm :deal:

what you COULD do is make the bottom of that sky less grey, b/c it looks a tiny bit out of place on RD

R@ND0M said:
hmm, I don't know
I love that sky and all, and it does look sweet
but I don't know if it suits the map design itself, plus there's probably another map it'd look better on

i was AFK making tacos ;
they're in the oven atm :deal:

what you COULD do is make the bottom of that sky less grey, b/c it looks a tiny bit out of place on RD

were you talking about this blend?

sshot0008.jpg

Back