Simo0wnz tribes video

SimoHayha

Veteran XV
Hope you guys enjoy. Its not that great, to me at least, but i loved making it. I will make more soon. Mod player that went to base, so only been playin base about 6 months but i got the hang of it quick.
hope you guys like it.
http://www.ironeye.net/simo/simo0wnz.zip
*edit
Tell me if ftp is to slow...its only 51 megs though.
its in .wmv form because my divx was fucking up...
sorry if you dont have windows media player, and i do not know how you couldnt
and no one looked at this in the tribes only section so thats why i posted it here...all i want is some feedback...

Its not that great, to me at least,

i was in awe at some of the really nice shots you had on there. very nice video with some excellent graphics thrown into it. the only problem was it was just a bit, i would say "fuzzy", but the quality could have been a little better. (i know it's not divx but it's alright.) althogether pretty good shots, with some nic eediting. i'll have this on in my files for a while. overall very nice work sim.

I always enjoy watching these, but In my opnion "L33T0rz Shots" don't make the player great. I can make a video of all by best shots, like 600m MAs into the fog, but it was luck. So these videos are very misconceveing.

I liked it a lot. Great movie, definetly worth the download. I also like how in almost every MA video/Tribes video when someone pulls off an MA they don't move their mouse just kinda stand there motionless for a few seconds :)

Which proves that its more luck then skill, because your suprised that you hit it.

These movies don't showcase anything. They are fun to watch though.

dont showcase anything?
ask anyone if discs shots are luck. i plan every disc i shoot. Not many hit but when they do i dont consider them pure luck. i would say some is...but alot isnt. you know a luck shot when you see it and the reason i stop when i make a good shot is to mark it with f11 for my shotstracked.cs (which is where i store where my shots are in which demo.)
thanx for the opinions..keep em comin.
i tried to keep a variety of weapons...thats kinda tough too
sorry its fuzzy...god damned divx...the next one wont be like that.
trust me

SimoHayha said:
dont showcase anything?
ask anyone if discs shots are luck. i plan every disc i shoot. Not many hit but when they do i dont consider them pure luck. i would say some is...but alot isnt. you know a luck shot when you see it and the reason i stop when i make a good shot is to mark it with f11 for my shotstracked.cs (which is where i store where my shots are in which demo.)
thanx for the opinions..keep em comin.
i tried to keep a variety of weapons...thats kinda tough too
I plan ever shot I shoot too, but when you think about it, all disc shots are luck, because whats to stop the other guy from going the other way with his jets?

HomeSlice said:
I plan ever shot I shoot too, but when you think about it, all disc shots are luck, because whats to stop the other guy from going the other way with his jets?

I kinda agree but by your logic any newb can hit the same shot as one of the best players due to 'luck'. I guess some of the crazy MAs and other shots you see might be lucky but i find it hard to believe that people who make all these movies are just lucky all the time. Oh and i dont believe in luck :)

In theory any newb can, logically there is a certian element of skill in mastering the timing and the aiming, etc. But when it gets down to those UBER LONG DISTANCE ma shots, its 99% luck.

And here is my proof:
This is a shot I shot in like 2000, but its the only one I have around on avi to show you:
Whats from preventing my target from staying on his corse and going up?
Whats from preventing him from stoping?
Also note that I wouldn't of gotten the kill if the sniper hadn't of hit him.
Also note that I aimed this shot and lined it up.
http://www.datawhore.org/homeslice/win10.avi

Anything past 100m or so is 10% aim, 40% the target staying predictable and 50% luck..

And I can now see how a capper like RevirD walks away and still gets flags home >:|

Yea man i understand what your saying now. Oh and after watching the movie, i hate to say it, but those shots arent that impressive. And the fact that you took like 6 shots before alot of them before you even hit is a little ya know, lame. Oh and the snipes are just average. Pass was pretty cool but its been done before.

Dont think im trying to put you down or anything just giving you the facts. Nice job overall and ns for alot of them.

HomeSlice said:
In theory any newb can, logically there is a certian element of skill in mastering the timing and the aiming, etc. But when it gets down to those UBER LONG DISTANCE ma shots, its 99% luck.

One of the main reasons why I like tribes is not because of the luck factor...I don't percieve it as luck. To me, the tribes series is 45% adaptation, 45% improvisation, the other 10% is compensation. Those are the real 3 elements that Tribes focuses on, IMO of course.

Ive played with simo for over a year and well if thoughs shots are all luck then he is a very VERY lucky person becasue he makes them all the time...

Back