[t1] chain tracers?

Yes, and then the pigs will start to fly.

But in the real world, which is where I'm afraid I'll have to take you back now (;)), it's a much bigger threat for your entire team to be aware of cappers than simply having each defender waypoint BlueNose or such.

I forgot to mention how this comparison of yours is not even close. ;) When you see IFFs... you see them anywhere; does not matter how far away they are from you. By waypointing, you will only get an updated waypoint when the capper gets within your sensor range or someone spots him. Meaning? Your pulse sensor on Raindance is down. With one method you can see him at all times... two miles away; with the other, only when someone is near him.

PS: Shinigami, auto-aim, not auto-fire. :)

Shinigami said:
Yeah, it was autoaim...for the laser rifle.

It only worked in win2k and was literally impossible to calibrate.

No, that's auto-fire. :)

A team full of LD seeing cappers before they start their routes...sniping them before they get in visible range, seeing these same cappers on their outgoing routes if by chance the capper does manage to grab the flag and being able to disc jump/ski directly to where that capper will be...not an advantage?

I have friends who have played on pubs with people who have their nofog set back so far that they are O sniping from their own base. Not an advantage?

Knowing exactly where the capper is in a flag standoff on a cluster map before you even start to go O and not wasting time trying to see which of the other people might have the flag and going straight to the capper who (if he/she doesn't cheat) isn't going to be expecting someone to fly over a hill knowing exactly where to fire and probably already be firing a disc or already had the chaingun barrel revved up to chain down the carrier. Not an advantage?

I suppose these sorts of things could be called opinion...but it seems like the large majority of the tribes community lines up to say that being able to do this by using nofog/happyflag/hacked exe is cheating. TWL even has provisions against this sort of thing. Advantage or not, it's cheating. End of story.

Well, this is my go at it.

Tribes isn't a game based on speed. The day you started playing tribes, you were a total dipshit, everyone was. When I started, the ski bug was just being discovered. Would you consider having a faster speed than someone else a cheat? of course, but guess what, we soon turned it into a script and now almost everyone (I overestimate the newbs) can ski to perfection. Taking that example and happymod the ULTIMATE CHEAT RARW, I have used it, I have seen it being used, it does NOT help. Maybe if the opposing team was being a dick and was hiding 304534953940534095 meters away from the base and was turtling there, and you being able to see the flag, but then again, what is he doing way out there? i'm sure he is skilled enough to come back in and play. Happyflag also, obviously does not effect your grabbing abilities. I sort of strayed away from what I wanted to argue, so i'll try to redeem myself. Tribes unlike games like cs/ut/rtcw is a game based on skill as I said before, we started the game as dipshits, I don't think many of us, if not all, knew how to disc jump when we first played, nor did we learn any routes...it comes with the game and the more you play (hopefully) the better you get at it. Tribes isn't a game to be tarnished with cheats, because...cheats can be relatively useless. Take nofog for instance, wow you can see through the whole map, ok take out the laser rifle, aim at the enemy, point, fire...ono kick/banned for o-sniping gj. And not to mention, the laser rifle does take skill, in which many people who are more skilled can easily do better than the cheaters.

summary:
There is no such cheat other than experience.

kesh!! said:
Well, this is my go at it.

Tribes isn't a game based on speed. The day you started playing tribes, you were a total dipshit, everyone was. When I started, the ski bug was just being discovered. Would you consider having a faster speed than someone else a cheat? of course, but guess what, we soon turned it into a script and now almost everyone (I overestimate the newbs) can ski to perfection. Taking that example and happymod the ULTIMATE CHEAT RARW, I have used it, I have seen it being used, it does NOT help. Maybe if the opposing team was being a dick and was hiding 304534953940534095 meters away from the base and was turtling there, and you being able to see the flag, but then again, what is he doing way out there? i'm sure he is skilled enough to come back in and play. Happyflag also, obviously does not effect your grabbing abilities. I sort of strayed away from what I wanted to argue, so i'll try to redeem myself. Tribes unlike games like cs/ut/rtcw is a game based on skill as I said before, we started the game as dipshits, I don't think many of us, if not all, knew how to disc jump when we first played, nor did we learn any routes...it comes with the game and the more you play (hopefully) the better you get at it. Tribes isn't a game to be tarnished with cheats, because...cheats can be relatively useless. Take nofog for instance, wow you can see through the whole map, ok take out the laser rifle, aim at the enemy, point, fire...ono kick/banned for o-sniping gj. And not to mention, the laser rifle does take skill, in which many people who are more skilled can easily do better than the cheaters.

summary:
There is no such cheat other than experience.

Hmm...funny I don't recall people getting kicked for O sniping in matches. A few clans in fact use O sniping as a tactic to distract/kill off LD. Hmm. Seems like it'd be a pretty big advantage to snipe at them from a distance so far away that they can't see you and yet you can kill them. It really doesn't take that much skill to kill people who are standing still, walking, jetting in a straight line, etc. Thanks for playing, though.

Siward said:
I have friends who have played on pubs with people who have their nofog set back so far that they are O sniping from their own base. Not an advantage?

from what i know, you cant change the nofog thing, so you cant see people out of the fog area regardless......
so not really an advantage....

Ok. Now that I have read the entire thread here is what I've got to say.

HappyFlag: Usefull: YES.
I cant tell you how often I've gotten confused about wich way the capper went (talking pubs here, RW saves me in matches :) ). Seeing a HUGE smiley face would make it simple, you wouldnt make an error in thinking the flag went the wrong way.

Wallhack/IFFs: Usefull: YES.
Someone arlready said that you've obviously never played arena, wich is quite apparent, but I wont even go into the arena side of wallhacks. Seeing a capper setup for ANY route ANYWHERE before you normaly would've would be a HUGE advantage. You see the capper setting up and the 3 HO coming in to clear for him. You kill one or two HO then see the capper come in for the flag, you ignore the other 2 HO becase you KNOW the capper is coming in right then. I dont think I need to go into any more detail on this..

NoFog: Usefull: YES.
If you think this is not a cheat/would not be usefull then you have no buisness playing tribes.

Other Models: Usefull: YES.
Seeing the enemy cappers inv from 500 M away and going out of your way to kill it. Same goes for pulse sensors and whatever other models they have.

AutoAim: Usefull: YES.
:rofl: If you dont get this one you're so unbeleiveably stupid.

The fact is, if they were intended to be used they wouldnt need to get around a CRC check.

RagingBunny said:
from what i know, you cant change the nofog thing, so you cant see people out of the fog area regardless......
so not really an advantage....

But you can change it.

And by default it's set to like 1000m or something.

you know what was fun?

when writer released "autoaim" and simultaneously q0wned 30% of the tribes community.

okay - debate is about to be over:
cheats exist. terrible, balance-altering cheats exist and are available to anyone who really wants em.

the good news?
none of those cheats are gonna make it any easier to drop a disk in my lap at any time. not a one.

what's better, you ask... cheats like happyflag or intuition that has been honed over 3 years of playing?

intuition, hands down. instead of looking for a flag screaming off into the distance, you get an idea of direction, figure out the points of contact, and launch yourself on intercept.

the only time i ever used happyflag, i showed my wife... she about died laughing while i was skiing behind a capper.

look, here's my entire attitude: if you need cheats in order to have fun at the game and feel competitive, feel free. i don't care. tribes is a "dead" game (in that it's 3 years old and probably can't evolve much farther anytime soon, not because it's dead, dead. :)), so your cheats really don't matter to me all that much.

as long as i am having fun, what the hell do i care how you have to bolster your skills?

i suck. i accept that i suck. i revel in sucking. and that's what matters.

haha i could care less if andone saw me through walls and terrain...its not like you only have 1 life...now with arena it may be a diff story.

Back