Call of Duty Cold War (alpha) (ps4)

Gandalf

Contributor
Veteran XX
Pretty decent game so far. Not cartoony like treyarch’s last effort. Graphically its better than modern warfare, which has a pretty washed out palette. I kind of prefer the mod and perk system here than modern warfare. I also prefer the killstreak system which is cumulative even after you die, but slower.

Liked it enough to preorder. They also will allow a free ps5 version when that system is released.

Yes, I know, blah blah blah master race blah blah blah.

For sure. I am watching to see how they will handle it. Not sure if the maps are cleverly designed or they will add game modes. But, at least at the beginning it looks to be a snipers dream

The only really annoying thing is the TTK is just slightly longer than modern warfare, so after hundreds of hours of playing the last game, I tend to stop shooting prematurely. At least that’s what she said.

Also grenade throwing takes about a second longer, which is annoying.

In the satellite map snipers are easily flanked when they are sitting in the dunes. The quick scoping shit is stupid as hell though.

The movement and shit is so cartoony. I know it gives excitement to the gameplay but I abhor the fact you can insta-vault over 6 foot baricades and ADS immediately.
Pubg may be clunky but it feels much more genuine.

Back