I've got a question about the MWD's

K-Rex

Veteran X
As it is so damn difficult to search the EvE forums and I love you all soo much anyway I figured I would bring this here.

I'm confused, along with many others, about the MWD. It says it has a 500% increase in your signature. Does that mean that anytime it's equipped your sig is huge or is it only when you activate it?

Also, if I want to use it to engage a rat quickly can I use it for a few seconds to get that initial quick burst (which lasts longer than activated because of the drifting) and then completely disable it? That way I could get the initial closing speed I want but not completely look the size of a barn in the sensors?

K-Rex said:
I'm confused, along with many others, about the MWD. It says it has a 500% increase in your signature. Does that mean that anytime it's equipped your sig is huge or is it only when you activate it?
I believe the sig radius penalty only takes effect when activated. However, I think the 25% max capacitor storage penalty is in effect at all times, unless you completely disable the MWD.

Well damnit, I actually could use it in battle but when your doing missions it always says that the interference from bla bla bla won't allow it.

bleh

Yep, I'll probably switch to a big ass afterburner instead for missions and maybe for everything.

Yes, you can click it on & back off quickly to get a quick burst, but it takes a few seconds to disable.

Its handy.

But that signature increase means your cruiser has now become quite a bit bigger than a battleship. The obvious result is that you're 5 times easier to hit now.

Tactics: How you move when you're MWD'ing around is VERY important. As some remember, our first TW gate ganking outting ended in a massecre of our frigate fleet. The reason for this was we're moving straight towards the snip-a-thron. By moving directly towrads the bs, we gave its guns a very easy target to track. If we moved just a few degrees to the left or right of the BS, it's massive gans wouldnt be able to follow us, and therefore wouldnt be able to hit us.

Same thing applies to big ships and MWD's. You may be a huge target--a broad side of a barn in fact--but that barn will be moving at mach 3. So stagger your approach.

Back