god damn, we keep getting owned in <.5 space

1 Heavy assault cruiser showed up with a friend and i crashed so it looked like i warped away and everyone warped away i guess, then i came back into the game and it warped me back to the cruisers wich then proceeded to own me, then i guess some people warped to me one by one to get killed , thats what i think happened... oh well shit happen

yea, i dont know how many cruisers it would have taken to bring down that hac, but about 4 cruisers and 1 bc barely scratched it :(

i think we lost 2 or 3 cruisers and the bc

Personally, I'd rank HAC as #1 if one's skills (both stats and player) are high enough. I rarely have problems killing battleships with my Vaga in gank mode (barring a Dominix with heavy nos. Heavy nos is the bane of all HAC and smaller ships unfortunately.)

Dur duh dur duh!

Keep out of .5 space. Dont buy equipment there or mine either. BS's can snipe you from over 100km away. Covert OPs ships can uncloak and scramble you in a second.

Its a dangerous fucking place. If you have to go in there, do so in a 40k frigate with AB and an overdriver....even 1400mm rails cant track a speedster like that.

Greywolf said:
but hacs have such crappy armour/shields vs a BS why can they beat them?

Insane damage output in a few cases, and check out the base resists of most HAC. The fact that most BS's are setup in sniper mode make things even easier.

LostDuck said:
"Heave nos" meaning...

Heavy nos = http://www.eve-online.com/itemdatab...eringequipment/energyvampires/heavy/12263.asp

Sucks a shitload of cap from the enemy ship and transfer it to yours. A battleship running 2 or more of these pretty much spells instant doom for any smaller ship that gets close and scrambled.

haniblecter said:
Dur duh dur duh!

Keep out of .5 space. Dont buy equipment there or mine either. BS's can snipe you from over 100km away. Covert OPs ships can uncloak and scramble you in a second.

Its a dangerous fucking place. If you have to go in there, do so in a 40k frigate with AB and an overdriver....even 1400mm rails cant track a speedster like that.

Isn't .5 space ok but .4 and lower is bad...or is it .5 and lower?

.5 is okay, but some people don't care. They can be far enough out to snipe you and warp out before they get tagged.

Greywolf said:
so as ship supremecy goes for combat it goes
frigate
destroyer
cruiser
battlecruiser
HAC
BS
is that what im gettig?
Don't forget interceptors and assault ships.

And I'd personally be more afraid of an HAC than a BS.

Back