Alex Jones just got deleted ( Fahrenheit 451 for reelz)

Interesting, so the coordinated ban seems to be a response to these lawsuits, which in a way legitimize the criticisms of Jones. Will be interesting to see what happens with them. It's pretty hard to give a whackjob like Jones the benefit of the doubt vs. Sandy Hook parents, and proving that he or his colleagues posted addresses and shit should be very easy to do, so if true I could be probably be persuaded that it was an incitement to violence given his bits of rhetoric that I've seen.

Facebook/yt et al aren't held to the the standards of a trial and shouldn't be, but it would be nice if they could provide the evidence and reasoning for the decision like Patreon did for Lauren Southern. I can understand why they didn't though.

I'm defending speech and equal standards. You've admitted to wanting differing standards enforced based on self-declared morality standards. Which sounds more dangerous?

you're wasting your time, fool. you'll never get him to admit that it's fucked up because they are for his side.

I'm defending speech and equal standards.

What about youtube's speech? They're a private company and entitled to their own free speech and determining what's hosted on their own website. Alex Jones has a website, it's infowars.com, no one is stopping his speech from getting out there.

You've admitted to wanting differing standards enforced based on self-declared morality standards.

No, I never said anything about different standards for different people. I think there are standards that apply to everyone, and if you know of anyone else harassing school shooting families I think those fuckers should get banned just as fast.

free_speech.png

Regardless of whether market share is in the First Amendment, there's a growing number of people on both sides of aisle in both the US and Europe that believe that large monopolistic companies, who have a stranglehold on the internet, require government regulation of the speech on their platforms. The news has only been talking about Russian meddling for about 2 years now.

again, it's not the "people" that think he's an asshole and are showing him the door. there were lots of people that actually subscribed to him.

it's the huge monopoly internet media sites that have chosen to say he's an asshole and are showing him the door, regardless of how many followers/subscribers don't see it that way.

and yeah, i do get it, it's fine, they are free to do what they want, but hey, i think don lemon is a liar and an asshole and needs to be shown the door too, and i bet that never happens. :shrug:

i'm with the reeee'ers on this one we need government regulations and/or nationalization of these companies to protect alex jones

can we please get big govt in here to help us out !!

it's my right as an american for google to pay money to host alex jones videos so i can learn about how the govt staged sandy hook with crisis actors

I mean I would hate to think this is about silencing the right before the midterms.

This argument is a scary thought. If Alex Jones has absolutely any sway over midterm elections, "the right" is in pretty bad shape. Alex Jones is the WWE of the talkshow world, fake as fuck but entertaining to some people.

i'm with the reeee'ers on this one we need government regulations and/or nationalization of these companies to protect alex jones

I agree. I think we should also start taking the lefts lead and start banning books and movies like pussies as well. I mean if you cant defeat someone with ideas just pay off large companies to ban them from their platform.

This argument is a scary thought. If Alex Jones has absolutely any sway over midterm elections, "the right" is in pretty bad shape. Alex Jones is the WWE of the talkshow world, fake as fuck but entertaining to some people.

maybe, but the left is in worst shape if the left lost/loses to alex jones and his sway over the elections, no?

can we please get big govt in here to help us out !!

it's my right as an american for google to pay money to host alex jones videos so i can learn about how the govt staged sandy hook with crisis actors

Yes, I can't believe I'm arguing with the same liberals who believe net neutrality is an American right, which is making cable companies to pay money so that CNN has the same bandwidth as any legitimate company's website.

net.neutrality.chart.crop.jpg

My secret wish is that CNN requires an additional $89.99 a month.

the left is in much worse shape if they think they have to erase alex jones from internet existence because he's a threat lol

the left is in much worse shape if they think they have to erase alex jones from internet existence because he's a threat lol

honestly could not give less of a shit about alex jones regarding turning elections - if you're listening to him it's not like you're one good argument away from voting democrat anyway. I do give a shit about providing some sanity to the sandy hook families so they don't have to deal with insane people banging down their door, all because some guy wants to sell more supplements to idiots.

Back