Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Crysis Tribes mod: Rise
Page 15 of 18
Urshilikai
Veteran++
Old
281 - 12-11-2008, 17:13
To me it looks like most of the weapons have a damage radius that's too big.

Sponsored Links
AkumA
Banned
Old
282 - 12-11-2008, 17:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urshilikai View Post
To me it looks like most of the weapons have a damage radius that's too big.
thats lame **** to complain/worry about. same thing with sound effects.

wh do people give a **** - jesus so much more to worry about. Like physics

DocHolliday
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
283 - 12-11-2008, 17:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse View Post
1. The t1 and t2 vehicles were FINE for some maps and some servers. Period. End ****ing discussion (yea, right). The problem was not the vehicles themselves but how they were implemented in gameplay. The shrike was badass and some servers ran maps where they were perfectly appropriate... fun... and popular.
I think the problem is something different.

T1 was as close to a real life sport anyone in gaming ever got. Maps like RD, IR, RC, SB were broken down so much it was like a ****ing science when it came to the strats involved.

On maps like RD and IR we had the first 5 minutes scripted to a ****ing "T". Sensors, turrets, etc down with people either detroying their base or bb'ing incoming HO on ours.

In T1 there was plenty to worry about that could potentially distract one from the essence of the game itself which is the flag. In T2 more was added that could do this. For some people it was too much. I had more problems with the overpowered turrents, vehicles, etc then the speed. The speed annoyed me but the addons pushed me over the edge. People are always trying to add that extra flare, stand out from the crowd and each time they come up short.

Tribes is about two teams squaring off. A online sport if you will, where you can see parallels between sports men play in real life. The more garbage added the more it moves away from this.

Add vehicles? Lets just add a huge base with addons, if you are allowed to add enough stuff you eventually make a nuclear missile and that missile kills everyone at the bad guys base, yeah that would be great.

There has to be a point where you stop.

Dr.Oopy
Veteran4
Old
284 - 12-11-2008, 17:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post

Tribes is about two teams squaring off. A online sport if you will, where you can see parallels between sports men play in real life. The more garbage added the more it moves away from this.
Doc - Spot on

Teratos
Veteran5
Old
285 - 12-11-2008, 17:27
Which one is it that is borrowing T:V elements?

blazindave
Veteran
Old
286 - 12-11-2008, 17:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teratos View Post
Which one is it that is borrowing T:V elements?
Rise.

Beef Welington
VeteranX
Old
287 - 12-11-2008, 17:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Andrew - Tribes 1 Physics, Part One: Overview

Also, really liked the concept art, Oopy.
what a ****ing ******. Never realized how much of a ****ing ****** this ****** is.

He honestly thinks T1 physics are some holy grail of videogames and that he is the dungeonmaster with the key.

I don't care how many t1 vets I just pissed off, but this is a prime example of a ****** and I love tribes.

"I can only hope KineticPoet remembered what used to be and silently winced every time he sat down to work on the game."

yes, I'm sure the guy who released an extremely ****ing highly rated game just winced every time he worked on it. I'm sure all the awards and accolades the game received were just overshadowed by his disappointment in himself. After all, what does it matter if every top reviewer loves your game if Andrew, king of 5150, does not?

It's ******s like Andrew that have kept any sequel from being accepted by this community. T:V was an awesome game and it wasn't ****ing T1. Nobody was hiding behind anything, it's just that some ****ing ******s have an overinflated ego.

PS rise looks sweet as ****

Last edited by Beef Welington; 12-11-2008 at 17:50..
blazindave
Veteran
Old
288 - 12-11-2008, 17:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Welington View Post
what a ****ing ******. Never realized how much of a ****ing ****** this ****** is.

He honestly thinks T1 physics are some holy grail of videogames and that he is the dungeonmaster with the key.

I don't care how many t1 vets I just pissed off, but this is a prime example of a ****** and I love tribes.

"I can only hope KineticPoet remembered what used to be and silently winced every time he sat down to work on the game."

yes, I'm sure the guy who released an extremely ****ing highly rated game just winced every time he worked on it. I'm sure all the awards and accolades the game received were just overshadowed by his disappointment in himself. After all, what does it matter if every top reviewer loves your game if Andrew, king of 5150, does not?

It's ******s like Andrew that have kept any sequel from being accepted by this community. T:V was an awesome game and it wasn't ****ing T1. Nobody was hiding behind anything, it's just that some ****ing ******s have an overinflated ego.
t:V multiplayer was **** and you know it.
T:V single player was fun though but i found something annoying.

DocHolliday
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
289 - 12-11-2008, 18:02
Quote:
T:V was close, but still off. Vehicles were garbage, grappling hook was garbage, and the maps were garbage. The nail in the coffin, no dedicated server and proper suppport for competition. Then they abandon the ****ing thing. T:V was a turd they reluctantly squeezed out. I blame all of it on the publisher. I bet if you were able to read KP's mind you would find the dev team was pushed to fail. They were not allowed to do things right. T:V had potential to revive Tribes comp, but it was not allowed to do so.

Last edited by DocHolliday; 12-11-2008 at 18:05..
Mode
VeteranXV
Old
290 - 12-11-2008, 20:17
in no way was TV ever awesome.

Raze1
VeteranX
Old
291 - 12-11-2008, 20:45
All I want is beacon stops. I miss that. So simple, yet so brutally fun/effective.

Hurricane Harold
VeteranX
Old
292 - 12-11-2008, 20:47
Netcode

FishStix
VeteranXV
Old
293 - 12-11-2008, 20:51
Quote:

PS rise looks sweet as ****
Its angry vets that won't accept anything but T1 that are the culprits, Andrew is just one of them. If you don't respect him for his T1 abilities and T1 modding, **** YOU. Hudbot, lasthope, and the ability to rewrite T1's physics on any engine? That's ****ing awesome, if you ask me.

(I liked T:V)

Shadow(of)Death
VeteranX
Old
294 - 12-11-2008, 20:54
Quote:
T:V was an awesome game
Anything you have said or will say, has lost any and all credit.

loto
VeteranXV
Old
295 - 12-11-2008, 22:51
the rise vid looks a lot like t2 classic, i mean the skiing does. i would definitely try it out though.

Dirty Sanchez
VeteranX
Old
296 - 12-11-2008, 22:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by loto View Post
the rise vid looks a lot like t2 classic, i mean the skiing does. i would definitely try it out though.
high 5

ZOD
VeteranX
Old
297 - 12-11-2008, 22:59
There isn't enough free art talent floating around to put a Tribes anything together. There are plenty of scripters and programmers though.

blazindave
Veteran
Old
298 - 12-11-2008, 23:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOD View Post
There isn't enough free art talent floating around to put a Tribes anything together. There are plenty of scripters and programmers though.
Didn't work like that for me
Mind you, my project was very amateurish though.

Teratos
Veteran5
Old
299 - 12-11-2008, 23:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOD View Post
Finding quality, dedicated people that can work (successfully) on a large-scale project is difficult. Even finding scripters and programmers can be hard.

?B-MAN
VeteranX
Old
300 - 12-11-2008, 23:33
I'm actually quite impressed with some of the art work (models) for both TribalWars and Rise considering these are home brewed mods.

Page 15 of 18

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Crysis Tribes mod: Rise

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
crysis , mod , rise , tribes