Page 2 of 5
Calder
VeteranXV
Old
21 - 09-28-2007, 00:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggi View Post
retarded tip/trick
if a engr is crouching by sentry and dispenser you can sap both, stab him, redisguise, and sap them again before he can clean them off and the sentry can target you. so if an engi is by himself its pretty easy to kill him + his stuff.

you can also normally time this to get a backstab when he turns to get rid of the sapper on his dispenser.

obviously depends on location of stuff but yea.
If you're fast you can usually stab them, and instantly switch to sapper and hit the turret and it won't shoot you in time.

Bad idea if your ping sucks

Sponsored Links
Eggi
VeteranXV
Old
22 - 09-28-2007, 02:25
to set a different sensitivity when you zoom, use the var
zoom_sensitivity_ratio ".6"

it will multiply your sensitivity by the #, so if you want 60% sens do .6

etc

Felonius
VeteranXV
Old
23 - 09-28-2007, 03:23
*Mousing over cloaked spies reveals their model more clearly.

*When cloaked as a spy, be disguised as an enemy scout (or spy) in order to minimize your player model. A smaller model is less likely to collide with enemies. Also, you are a bit smaller of a target when an enemy is scanning for you with mouseover.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
24 - 09-28-2007, 04:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonius View Post
*Mousing over cloaked spies reveals their model more clearly.

*When cloaked as a spy, be disguised as an enemy scout (or spy) in order to minimize your player model. A smaller model is less likely to collide with enemies. Also, you are a bit smaller of a target when an enemy is scanning for you with mouseover.
Or a sniper, if you are just jackin it in the corner until you can stab someone, it looks less suspicious to be standing around.

Jambalaya Pretzelstein
VeteranX
Old
25 - 09-28-2007, 09:18
*Playing medic is all about making the uber. If your teammates are in a losing situation, get far back and retreat back to base if necessary. It's usually better to stay alive (preserving your uber percentage) than it is to heal a few points of health in a hopeless situation.

*If you're a medic you should ALWAYS keep your back to a wall so you don't get backstabbed. If a spy tries to knife you anyway, pull out the bonesaw. It will kill him faster than he can kill you, just keep your back to a wall or in a corner at all times.

*When lit on fire by a pyro, jump in the water to get rid of the burning. You can also just float at the top of the water and shoot the pyro from there. He won't be able to set you on fire.

*The capture zone for a point is the yellow and black markings. For some points it extends out very far. On Granary for instance the entire concrete pad in the center is in the capture zone - NOT just the colored round thing. On Gravelpit, the entire inside of the B and A huts are capture zones. You don't need to stand on the round thing - in fact you SHOULDN'T stand on the round thing since it leaves you very exposed.

Often you'll see entire teams standing on the round thing which just makes them easy kills. Go sit in the corner and look for the yellow and black markings.

Last edited by Jambalaya Pretzelstein; 09-28-2007 at 09:20..
placid
VeteranX
Old
26 - 09-28-2007, 10:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambalaya Pretzelstein View Post
*If you're a medic you should ALWAYS keep your back to a wall so you don't get backstabbed. If a spy tries to knife you anyway, pull out the bonesaw. It will kill him faster than he can kill you, just keep your back to a wall or in a corner at all times.
umm, this might make it a little harder for spies to kill you, but it makes it easier for every other class to kill you

Calder
VeteranXV
Old
27 - 09-28-2007, 12:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by placid View Post
umm, this might make it a little harder for spies to kill you, but it makes it easier for every other class to kill you
Most spies just shank the heavy you're healing anyways

Obskure
VeteranX
Old
28 - 09-28-2007, 12:38
Medics should never stop moving. Ever. You barely have to aim your gun, so keep tabs on everything around you.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
29 - 09-28-2007, 17:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambalaya Pretzelstein View Post
*Playing medic is all about making the uber. If your teammates are in a losing situation, get far back and retreat back to base if necessary. It's usually better to stay alive (preserving your uber percentage) than it is to heal a few points of health in a hopeless situation.

*When lit on fire by a pyro, jump in the water to get rid of the burning. You can also just float at the top of the water and shoot the pyro from there. He won't be able to set you on fire.

*The capture zone for a point is the yellow and black markings. For some points it extends out very far. On Granary for instance the entire concrete pad in the center is in the capture zone - NOT just the colored round thing. On Gravelpit, the entire inside of the B and A huts are capture zones. You don't need to stand on the round thing - in fact you SHOULDN'T stand on the round thing since it leaves you very exposed.

Often you'll see entire teams standing on the round thing which just makes them easy kills. Go sit in the corner and look for the yellow and black markings.
All those are very true. As a medic, you are weak. Run away from fights, get your uber up, then uber someone.

Unless you are on a ****ty team and wind up killing 3 people with your needle gun alone on a rampage to show the team that even a ****ty medic can kill better then they can.

Heimdal
VeteranXV
Old
30 - 09-28-2007, 23:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
Unless you are on a ****ty team and wind up killing 3 people with your needle gun alone on a rampage to show the team that even a ****ty medic can kill better then they can.
i actually did that today, first time on a medic and i messed up healing my friend and he died. so i took out the needle gun and mowed through like 4 people trying to come around the corner

polarity
VeteranX
Old
31 - 09-29-2007, 13:06
heres a protip: If you are near death with a BIG RED CROSS BLINKING, don't pass your medic and run out into an open ****ing area.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
32 - 09-29-2007, 15:22
*If I'm playing medic and you're a heavy or any other class, I will stay behind you, if for some reason you see me in front of you, turn around, because I am being killed from behind.

Cuda
The A-maze-ing4
Old
33 - 09-30-2007, 03:15
For the second cap point on Granary, there's the small door on the left of the cap point. There's a small part of the cap point that is covered by the wall there. As a scout, you can usually use that for cover and cap the point before anybody can figure out what's going on.

GraphiX
VeteranXV
Old
34 - 09-30-2007, 03:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
*If I'm playing medic and you're a heavy or any other class, I will stay behind you, if for some reason you see me in front of you, turn around, because I am being killed from behind.
From playing medic tonight I realized how nice it would be if everyone I was healing would do this.

tsu
VeteranX
Old
35 - 09-30-2007, 19:17
the sniper rifle has 100% accuracy while moving without scope
it won't be as powerful as a fully charged one of course, but still powerful

edit:you can fast switch back to the rifle after firing to quicken the firing delay as well

Last edited by tsu; 10-01-2007 at 03:16..
Eso
VeteranX
Old
36 - 09-30-2007, 21:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaine View Post
*If you use crouch as you rocket jump as soldier, your distance gained increases (supposedly).
true: super rocket + demo jumps are key.

You can go battlements to battlements on 2fort as a demoman with a properly timed jump using this method.

Zephirum
VeteranX
Old
37 - 09-30-2007, 22:46
* You don't have to use your Ubercharge on a Heavy. In fact, some times thats a terrible idea. Soldiers will put it to good use, as will intelligent demomen. And it's a shame that I have to say this, but situationally, especially when dealing with closely packed turrets or other choke points, an ubered Pyro is a god made flesh.

* If you're going to die if you don't use it, pop your uber on whatever is available. Living is better than not living, especially if you're the medic.

Many bad medics out there outwright will not use their uber on anyone but Heavy's. Earlier tonight I was Pyro on the 2nd phase of dustbowl, where Engineer's tend to build 3-4 turrets in a row right next to the cap point, and I couldn't convince this medic to use his uber on me. He went and found a heavy, who was promptly fired through the air because he tried to jump down from above.

Eggi
VeteranXV
Old
38 - 09-30-2007, 23:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephirum View Post
* You don't have to use your Ubercharge on a Heavy. In fact, some times thats a terrible idea. Soldiers will put it to good use, as will intelligent demomen. And it's a shame that I have to say this, but situationally, especially when dealing with closely packed turrets or other choke points, an ubered Pyro is a god made flesh.

* If you're going to die if you don't use it, pop your uber on whatever is available. Living is better than not living, especially if you're the medic.

Many bad medics out there outwright will not use their uber on anyone but Heavy's. Earlier tonight I was Pyro on the 2nd phase of dustbowl, where Engineer's tend to build 3-4 turrets in a row right next to the cap point, and I couldn't convince this medic to use his uber on me. He went and found a heavy, who was promptly fired through the air because he tried to jump down from above.
extremely good points. heavies are actually not good at all at range - better to use soldier or demo if you are taking out turrets from max distance. i tried to get close to a turret when ubered twice today as a heavy and was knocked around before i could get close enough to do damage both times. engi healed through me firing at a distance. (i suck as a heavy tho...)

heavies are good for spread out turrets that are medium range and heavies or pyros are good for close ones.

dibs
VeteranXV
Old
39 - 10-04-2007, 18:12
i was playing medic the other day on dustbowl and had just turned my uber on and accidently switched to the main medic gun, the uber went off but when i switched back to the healing gun it came back on. anyone else have this ahppen?

placid
VeteranX
Old
40 - 10-04-2007, 18:24
I believe that's how it's supposed to work

Page 2 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Team Fortress 2
Reload this Page Attention retards.... Tips and Trix

Social Website Bullshit