Please Unban Me From Veteran's Central. I Need My T1 Fix! :(

Apotheosis

Veteran XV
hellos everyone

I seems like I have been banned from Veteran's Central, and I have no idea why (afaik, I didn't get the pop-up window with a reason).

I would appreciate an un-ban or a look into this or something (I don't know how easy it is for you guys to browse logs, but I encourage you to do so if possible).

It happened today between the hours of .. hold on let me get a timestamp from IRC

okay nevermind, I dunno what time exactly, but it was between 5 PM and 7 PM on November 4.

I'm pretty sure this was a mistake, so yeah... I need my T1 fix, help me out!

also, if these words are falling on the ears of people who cannot unban me, I would appreciate it if you could forward the message to someone who can. Thank you very much.

<The above is a copy of a message I left in #rosco. Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.>

I can ping 69.16.208.46 in cmd, but not 69.16.208.46:28001 in Tribes (which as originaL pointed out to me, is indicative of a kick/ban).

For some reason I'm perma-banned from United States Tribes (or w/e it's called) too. I can't even remember the last time I played there, let alone doing something banworthy. Oh well, it's not like I frequent that server anyway. :shrug:

Yeah, it seems like I'm either unbanned or whatever problem I was having got fixed, because I can ping the server again now. I was certainly blocked from the server for a good 12 hours though, for whatever reason.

I would hate being banned from Veteran's Central, because it's pretty much the only server I play at nowadays.

Woo, first night of tribes in like 2 years. It's amazing how great this game is compared to a lot of the stuff being release.

And yes, I sucked balls.

Actually, doh! I thought the problem was fixed because I could ping Veteran's Central again, but apparently I'm still perma-banned.

This time I'm sure it's a perma-ban because I actually got the pop-up message. Connected to Vet's at around 1:30 AM EST, and within two seconds or so, got the perma-ban notification :/

sigh...

Yeah, I just downloaded a complete moded T1 from someone's sig, can't remember who. It's pretty good but it's obnoxious in the sense that the chaingun sound is annoying and I's and L's show up as exclamation points.

Any idea on how to get rid of either of those?

Check the voices dir for machgun files, that's chaingun, delete them. And I's and L's? Do you mean as in in-game text? Well .pft files are probably in skins dir, you may as well delete/rename all or trial and error, whichever suits your patience. You can make fonts here http://www.team5150.com/~andrew/project.tribes/ In the case that you mean the iff(player gr/red)indicators then delete h_friendly and h_foe.bmp from skins.

Back