[Suggestion] Make the Burner Usable with Zero Energy.

The burner would confuse me less if it fired a weak projectile and made a wimpy sound when fired with low energy. Noobs like me really need a break.

Emilee said:
You could fire the laser non-stop forever. Same with the elf, and the blaster. There might be a .001 sec delay, but you could.

:::::::::T2:::::::::

Could you hold down the laser forever and shoot after each cooldown time occurs? The answer is "yes" because your energy replenishes of course. The laser rifle does literally no damage in this manner however. So it is impractical to use the laser rifle with no energy.

The elf would stop you from doing this, it would eventually drain all of your energy and you would have to stop for as long as it took to replenish however much energy it took (less than a second ;)). You could especially notice this when you were flying around in your jetpack, because it was a real energy taxer. Not only would it bring you down, but it would also bring your enemy down too. Double edged sword....

The blaster would drain like 5% of your energy so you would most definitely notice. You could only shoot for a certain amount of time, before your energy fully deplenished unless you had an E-Pack. I think even with the E-pack you would get similar results however.

I think the major improvement in this game, was that you can fire the energy weapons forever without fear of having to stop (standing still). The amount of energy replenishment is much more than the energy weapons use. In this way, you don't waste energy standing still. In T2, you could plan on running out eventually with every energy weapon, Thus they were impractical at times.

PxR|GrimJack said:
making it into the ultimate spam weapon.....sorry completely disagree

energy management...it means life & death in Tribes

yeah it is already way over emphasized. as it is, it needs a slight trim, either ammo based, or sphere of damage tightened.

The burner is fine imho. If you want to compare it to noobified weapons of the past look no further than the elf gun and shocklance. I can live with the burner so long as both of those pieces of shazbot are gone for good.

SaintDude said:
The burner is fine imho. If you want to compare it to noobified weapons of the past look no further than the elf gun and shocklance. I can live with the burner so long as both of those pieces of shazbot are gone for good.

The burner is a bigger newbie weapon then both of those. It should have 10 ammo just like the sniper rifle.

Only people who plan to use the burner as an easy way to defend your flag\base will argue against this since that is where you see the real power the burner has as a quick and dirty way to both damage the living shazbot out of someone and clobber their FPS all in 5 easy mouse clicks.

It's a big piece of shazbot.

FPS issues aside the burner is only strong on defending certain bases like those on Winterlake. Not for nothing, however, base defense on Winterlake is easy as sin even without the burner. For other maps the burner is only marginally useful. If some bozo is spamming his flagstand with the burner then take him out first. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize this. Cappers already have it much easier in this game thanks to the grappler. God forbid there be some weapon that'll actually annoy them heh.

The Burner should always fire. Weak, and nearly useless at low energy, but still fire.
The Blaster should behave the same.

Plasmatic said:
As a noob, the burner confuses me when it fails to fire.
Plasmatic said:
The Burner should always fire. Weak, and nearly useless at low energy, but still fire.
The Blaster should behave the same.

If the Burner confuses you when it fails to fire, then I think would be even more confusing to you when your shots with minimal/zero energy fail to do much damage to the enemy. I think it's better to protect people like you from such confusion.

Yeah, you're right.

Its far more confusing to have a weapon fire a smaller, obviously weaker projectile than not at all.

While we're at it. I think the Burner shouldn't fire with less than 75% of energy, and the laser (sorry, SNIPER) projectile is WAY too fast.

Weapons should be annoying, unintuitive and cumbersome to use, especially for a game designed to accessable to new players.

t1 plasma gun= T:V burner... burner>plasma gun, since its MORE POWERFUL.... and thats seriously a stupid idea asking for that, its like a blaster, it will take away ur energy since its not ammo-based weapon... whats the point of creating this topic? if it didnt drain energy then ud see everyone using burner and constantly shooting flag with it

T1 Plasma gun != Burner.
Plasma gun was ammo based and always fired.
Burner is energy based and won't fire with low energy.

We're asking for it to shoot like the T1 Laser Rifle.

It should always fire, but be weaker with less energy.

As I've posted before, I agree with this.

Make it so that the burner does the same damage regardless of the energy you have, and that if you don't have enough energy for the next shot, it still fires, but brings your energy to zero.

The only time that the burner is too spammy is in enclosed and indoor situations--at which point the spammer has PLENTY of energy--enough to spam continuously and never run into this problem.

This wouldn't affect that--it would merely make the burner more effective in open areas--just enough that it wouldn't be an "Indoor only weapon."

Plasmatic said:
While we're at it. I think the Burner shouldn't fire with less than 75% of energy, and the laser (sorry, SNIPER) projectile is WAY too fast.

Weapons should be annoying, unintuitive and cumbersome to use, especially for a game designed to accessable to new players.
I don't think the developers share your view on making weapons annoying to use, and this is why I think the Burner should be firable even with zero energy. I would think that you, a self-proclaimed "noob," would be able to understand that, but perhaps I expected too much.

Terr said:
As I've posted before, I agree with this.

Make it so that the burner does the same damage regardless of the energy you have, and that if you don't have enough energy for the next shot, it still fires, but brings your energy to zero.

The only time that the burner is too spammy is in enclosed and indoor situations--at which point the spammer has PLENTY of energy--enough to spam continuously and never run into this problem.

This wouldn't affect that--it would merely make the burner more effective in open areas--just enough that it wouldn't be an "Indoor only weapon."
I hadn't seen your post before, but this is precisely the way I feel as well. :)

Back