SP demo / new players

aougli

Veteran X
Is there a forum on this site for players new to the Tribes series, whose only exposure has been via the recently released SP demo?

It seems reasonable that people who have been with Tribes for years want to discuss different stuff, and I guess this is the forum for them. It also seems reasonable that when a (hopefully major) new title is released there will be new people. So is this forum intended to serve both groups? A lot of the discussion here seems to be comparisons with previous versions of Tribes or the MP beta, neither of which is accessible to people who just have the SP demo.

Questions such as:

Are the vehicles any good? Why do I have to race to get in them before my own team destroys them?

The demo map seems a bit small. Is it even possible to find out about "skiing" on it?

I sometimes seem to be auto-firing a grenade, not sure why. Is this intentional?

Targeting isn't possible is it, to follow a vehicle?

I've enjoyed what little I've seen of the game from the SP demo. But for me, the multiplayer side of a game is what matters. Looking forward to the full release.

btw, someone at the Vivendi/Seirra forums directed me to this site to find out more about T:V. Are there any other sites particularly worth visiting for T:V, especially for new players?

thanks for any helpful comments. ;)

If you only have the SP demo, go and DL the MP open beta (Fileplanet and most other filesharing sights should have it).

This one sight is for both, unfortunately we're jerks here at times, so try to just let it slide off ya ;)

There really isn't any skiing necessary in the SP demo, mostly just jetting and such. Still, a decent demo IMO, and skiing does help in it.

Oh, and welcome to the community.

Back