Unofficial ChangeLog Compilation (Demo Release 1)

These ping calculations are shazbot. I'm sorry, but...

...when I click and get a grapple-shoot sound, but nothing pops out and I hit the ground

...when I grapple to the ceiling and don't disconnect, but I drop anyways, and THEN warp up to the ceiling and smack it

...when I stop getting input from the damn server and everything pretty much just stops for a few seconds

...then my ping is not 98 effing ms. Liar!

Coronas are nicer/more plentiful (look at the yellow lights in the impy base on isle).

Base sound effects are nicer and more plentiful (again, look at the lights).

Base textures look nicer in some places.

There's a sun! And it's bright, with an awesome light blooming effect.

Walking sounds for the medium sound heavier, especially on metal.

Edit: With explosions (ie. disks), I think you can see more sparks and such effects flying off. Smoke coming from the disk launcher when it's fired (1st person) seems greater.

E2: Rocks and dirt fly up behind while skiing, not just green grass.

E3: Another cosmetic change. The OOB grids flicker.

Last edited:
i want to say the deployable dispensers got better textures and the ski boots got nicer, but i'm not sure if its my imagination.

everything just FEELS 10x smoother though. like the game lost 20lbs :)

Pachacutec said:
everything just FEELS 10x smoother though. like the game lost 20lbs :)
It's awesome. In spawn armour I can ski smoothly, enjoyably, and at a fair speed. I'd have to switch to light before to get close to this feeling. Not the speed necessarily (I don't know if it's that much faster), but the feeling is alot nicer.

Useful change: There is a light and dark section to inv (and other base asset) health bars. The light is at the right end. When the light is completely drained and it gets to the dark, the object no longer functions and requires repairs. Neat little indicator.

Edit: Take enemy equipment down to the dark section (1/2 way), and it seems to immediately explode and go to 0%. Wha?

Last edited:
Updated.

I've also added a (*) tag to items that one of the devs. have confirmed. These are listed at the top of each category or subcategory.

Veovis said:
....except the Heavy. He gained about 250 lbs. :)
Not true;
Apotheosis said:
Movement
----------
- less knockback for Heavy Armor (*)

Unchanged
------------
- Heavy Armor mass (*)
The feeling might also have to do with people reporting that jetting consumes more jet energy.

Back