[Suggestion] Limit Spawn Invulnerability to Motar Rounds

Apotheosis

Veteran XV
Hello. First of all let me say that I do know T:V has already gone gold, and these suggestions might only be applicable to a possible future patch.

Many people have been griping about the problems associated with the limited invulnerability at spawn time by stating that it's too powerful of an advantage against HO base-takers. Some of the problems are mentioned in these posts;
"[Feedback] get rid of spawn invuln" http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325982,
"[Feedback Discussion] HO, Access, Spawn Placement and Invulnerability" http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318824,
"[Feedback] Spawn invulnerability (as per Zoolooman's thread)" http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320523.

Here's a suggestion;

Make the invulnerability only applicable to motar rounds. If I'm not mistaken, the primary purpose of the spawn invulnerability is to protect players from annoying motar spam. I see little reason to extend this invulnerability to the other weapons as well. This may also give HO base-takers a little more chance at keeping the enemy base for a few more seconds. Another reason for limiting the invulnerability to motar rounds is due to the following. In T1, it was possible for a skilled player to take and hold an enclosed base for periods of time, even as a Light Armor with Shield Pack. With the changes (what I feel is a weakening) of the Shield Pack and additionally this spawn invulnerability, I feel that this is not really possible anymore, and this is one thing that I enjoyed doing. This change to spawn invulnerability would allow base attackers do hold their ground a bit better, and prevent defenders from firing off that crucial first free shot.

Another possibilty is to implement the above suggestion, and additionally change it from spawn invulnerability to a spawn with limited shielding against mortars. I feel that even a 30% damage reduction from mortar rounds for the same amount of time that spawn invulnerability currently lasts would be good enough, as medium armors cannot be killed unless in one shot unless there is an absolute direct mortar hit (the mortar explodes between the player's feet) -- to be honest, I'm not 100% sure if it's possible to kill a medium in one shot with at mortar at all. The limited shielding would be cancelled by firing as well.

Just something I wanted to throw out for discussion.

I Feel That It's More Prudent To Provide Suggestions Now And Hope They Changed Things Appropriately, Rather Than To Wait To Hear What Was Changed And Then Start A Discussion That Could Have Been Started A Week Or Two Prior.

They said they've made some tweaks to spawn invunerability. Namely you loose it when you fire.

I think letting it go until you attack is a good thing. Spawn camping can be a pain in the backside (and I've always thought it was cheep... even while doing it ;) ).

Apotheosis said:
Hello. First of all let me say that I do know T:V has already gone gold, and these suggestions might only be applicable to a possible future patch.
You realize of course that very, very few people enjoy being on the receiving end of a base occupation? That it was a design goal to make it harder to take over a base and easier to repair a destroyed one? That this is a good thing (tm)?

If you like occupation and fighting off enemies in an indoor setting, then perhaps territories will be up your alley.

Back